Bioware Please listen to fans! Give us a free legacy name change pls!

nysis

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm the worst at paying attention and reading something. I just hurry and click through things important. I screwed up and gave my legacy name the same name as my guy. I hate it, but hey, you live you learn. Rerolled on another server and did it better. I say, you pick it, you keep it

A few of my friends chose silly legacy names, it's a constant reminder of the fun we once had in this game, shame it's boring now we have finished the content several times over and everyone in my guild is leaving after the free month, most just don't log-on anymore :(

Still, legacy is just that, a legacy, allowing it to be changed is a bit silly.

a ONE TIME CHANGE after 1.2 is different from having it be permanently changable. One time free and then small fee or long (maybe month or so ) cooldown on name change. This is a game for our enjoyment at the end of the day guys.

a ONE TIME CHANGE after 1.2 is different from having it be permanently changable. One time free and then small fee or long (maybe month or so ) cooldown on name change. This is a game for our enjoyment at the end of the day guys.

A one-time change is all that's needed.... along with a separate surname from Legacy name that is changeable anytime you want. :D

I hope they decide to separate surnames from Legacy names. No reason not to.

Personally, I'd support a one-time change at a cost, either monetary or credits. I fail to see how this ruins the game for everyone who is saying it shouldn't be allowed. How does allowing a change impact your gameplay?Yes, there was clear text stating it couldn't be changed, but it's quite obvious from numerous posts on this, many people, like myself, didn't read the notes and get a full understanding and/or got tired of the prompt coming up and just put something to make it stop.

There are numerous occasions where organizations have realized that even though they thought something was clearly stated, if a large number of your clients failed to realize the full impact and are requesting assistance, accommodations can be made, even a one-time situation.

To be clear, fault does lie with the user, and if the response is we can't do anything, or we can consider it for future releases, but it won't take priority over our plans or issues that directly impact the entire user community, I can live with that. But there has not been any indication this is the case.

It's not like it doesn't say it's a one time deal when you're choosing.... It's your own fault.

You are totally right. I think the same.

But you don't have to be harsh with people with limited understanding. Mistakes happens to everyone. How many people, including myself, though we will be able to swap set armor bonus to orange armor with 1.2 ?

A one time only legacy change could be a good idea. And if you screw AGAIN, nothing can be done.

I've seen some Legacy names that I'd be willing to pay the fee to have changed. lol I really don't like seeing these childish or plain silly names. I wouldn't mind a 1 time change option if it will get rid of some of these. I think the 1st time free and then a real money fee after that would be good.

To those that picked these names, please learn from your mistake and don't repeat it. :jawa_eek:

I've seen some Legacy names that I'd be willing to pay the fee to have changed. lol I really don't like seeing these childish or plain silly names. I wouldn't mind a 1 time change option if it will get rid of some of these. I think the 1st time free and then a real money fee after that would be good.

To those that picked these names, please learn from your mistake and don't repeat it. :jawa_eek:

I think it's coming more for those that put in their first name, thinking that's what they were supposed to do...despite it saying in plain text what to put in there... Maybe just trying to get rid of the window? I dunno...

But there are a lot of "Little Caesars" running around. :p

Can I change my first character's name instead. Once I got to pick my legacy, I realized I wanted to go with this whole theme, and my first character no longer fits. Had I been able to pick legacy name before creating my first character, I could have easily named all my toons properly, instead of all but the first one.

Can I change my first character's name instead. Once I got to pick my legacy, I realized I wanted to go with this whole theme, and my first character no longer fits. Had I been able to pick legacy name before creating my first character, I could have easily named all my toons properly, instead of all but the first one.

See, this is what it will turn out to be. I want to change x. Why not? People can change y! Bioware needs to stick to their guns and say sorry your choices are permanent. Class choices are permanent, we were all told as such at the selection screen. I really hope it all stays that way.

Wow...some of you are really jaded individuals. I don't know why you are so angry over the simple premise of someone wanting to change their legacy name. I've never known another MMO that:

A. Forces you to pick one surname for ALL of your characters(And makes the assumption that one of your characters will have this weird legacy with a ton of fully grown kids and the like, all living at the same time).

B. Doesn't let you change the surname as you see fit.

It's a stupid mechanic that breaks immersion and lore to be honest. Even though I have my legacy set up with one of my characters being a FRIEND to the head of the legacy, that FRIEND must have the same surname as this other individual. Stupid.

But anyways, the inability to change a surname in-game is something that should be there. It has no link at all to your primary name. Nobody needs to type your surname in when they whisper you, invite you to group, add you to friends, etc. Therefor, the legacy name is no different than a piece of armor your character wears. It is fluff. It should be changable as you see fit. At whatever in-game cost the devs feel like setting.

Let us rename it. I couldn't think of a good name when it prompted me but naturally now I've thought of plenty of legacy names that I would prefer.

Either that or let us have surnames like in Warhammer. Surnames were a great and fun character feature that let you personalise your character.

Let us rename it. I couldn't think of a good name when it prompted me but naturally now I've thought of plenty of legacy names that I would prefer.

This. I randomly, out of nowhere, thought of "DUUUUH DERP, STORMCLOAK LEGACY!' and just named it that because I'm an idiot that doesn't take his time with things.

Now I've got a bunch of different names i'm dying to pick from.

As a fan of BioWare and this game, I find this insulting.

If you could not take the time to read the in-game description and pick an acceptable name, that is your failing. Do not presume the rest of us are as stupid as you.

Here it is. By Georg Zoeller.

Thank you!

He is quoted as saying "we're definitely working on this (it's a much requested feature) but we have not made any statements regarding when this will be available." Nowhere does it say that it will be free (but it could be, or it could require in-game currency but not real world money).

Thank you!

He is quoted as saying "we're definitely working on this (it's a much requested feature) but we have not made any statements regarding when this will be available." Nowhere does it say that it will be free (but it could be, or it could require in-game currency but not real world money).

I can only hope it follows this setup:

I would be conditionally in favor of this with one qualification. That I'm basing off of this, Legacy is kind of the TOR equivalent to reputation / renown / infamy / ect, and is shown as a family last name. So let people change the Legacy name, but set the cost to all of their Legacy xp, so it resets back to 0.

It said the choice would be perm, using your argument, BW should also allow race and class changes if you decide you don't like what you picked.

I am not thrilled with my legacy name and, I will say, I would have given it more thought if it hadn't kept popping up every time I zoned (it should have let me select it at my leisure and not nag me), but I know I have to live with what I picked. I just have legacy names turned off ;)

It said the choice would be perm, using your argument, BW should also allow race and class changes if you decide you don't like what you picked.

I am not thrilled with my legacy name and, I will say, I would have given it more thought if it hadn't kept popping up every time I zoned (it should have let me select it at my leisure and not nag me), but I know I have to live with what I picked. I just have legacy names turned off ;)

Please stop defending bioware for bad design, seriously. What the frack is the point with a Legacy Name if all your gonna do is hide it?

No. This is something they should add in future patches.

Edited by siegedeluxe

Please stop defending bioware for bad design, seriously. What the frack is the point with a Legacy Name if all your gonna do is hide it?

No. This is something they should add in future patches.

I am not defending them, I am pointing out that it was specifically said when you got to select your legacy name that this would be permanent, not "You can change this later after you pick something stupid and regret it" ...

Usually, when something gives you a warning, it doesn't mean ignore it and do what you want and then cry about it later when it doesn't work out for you ...