Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Server population is dropping...

Miffy

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like my server has become unplayable at the moment. Once a week you find a ops group looking for people. But no lvl 50 fps, no low lvl fps and low lvl warzones only pop up for 3 hours in the day, 18-21 p.m and that's it. If you play any othe time it is a lonely grind.

I am not sure many folks would continue to spread the "Doom and Gloom" providing the mergers happened soon. However, the truth is unless the mergers happen by early July you can expect more unsubbing and inactivity.

The weather is getting nice around most of the country and invariably less folks are going to be sitting in front of the comps. Add that to playing by yourself, which many folks are doing, in an MMO space and it is a high quality recipe to kill a game's community.

Very true. Plus many are now playing D3, which supposely last I read had close to 6 million players actively playing it now. By the time a lot of those get thier fill of it...MOP will be out. Then later this summer or early fall...GW2 will be out. My own sub runs out mid July, with another 30 days tacked on for free. If the state of the game is basically like it is now by that time, I will unsub. The third quarter sub reports will show realistically the true state of the game as far as subs go. When all the 30 days free and 6 month subs run out.

I'm beginning to get pretty worried. My server, Red Eclipse EU used to be the only Heavy PVE server. Now it's dropped to Standard. There used to be about 200+ on the Fleet at peak times. Now there are 100 or less.

It's a shame, I really want this game to succeed and carry on but I'm worried BW didn't think any of this through properly.

There used to be about 200+ on the Fleet at peak times. Now there are 100 or less.

It's a shame, I really want this game to succeed and carry on but I'm worried BW didn't think any of this through properly.

Hit heavy a couple times on the server I'm currently on when I first rolled up my toons, now knock a zero off of them numbers you got there and thats about all. 10-20, maybe 20-40 on an occasional weekend evening :mad:

I'm beginning to get pretty worried. My server, Red Eclipse EU used to be the only Heavy PVE server. Now it's dropped to Standard. There used to be about 200+ on the Fleet at peak times. Now there are 100 or less.

So right. Same with LoL, almost dead server by now. I have 3 toons on 3 different servers, all only with light population. So i unsub this month.

Fatman PvP (east coast) - Full

Jedi Covenant PvE (east coast) - Very Heavy

Drooga's Pleasure Barge PvE (west coast) - Standard

The Harbinger PvE (west coast) - Standard

Jung Ma RP-PvP (east coast) - Standard

The Ebon Hawk RP (east coast) - Standard

Lord Adraas RP (east coast) - Standard

Canderous Ordo PvE (east coast) - Standard

All other servers are light.

But it's not a single server, it's 1 cluster (lots of servers linked together). When you travel to a different system your moving across servers, which is why the game world is not seamless. Eve can only hold a few 100 people on 1 server before it lags to death.

/facepalm in most MMOs, you are actually playing on more then 1 server. When people are talking about servers, they don't mean 1 computer that is the server, they mean the server as in "Blackrock" in WoW is a server, even though Blackrock is actually more then 1 physical server.

So my point still stands, and is till relevant to the question that was given.

Fatman PvP (east coast) - Full

Jedi Covenant PvE (east coast) - Very Heavy

Drooga's Pleasure Barge PvE (west coast) - Standard

The Harbinger PvE (west coast) - Standard

Jung Ma RP-PvP (east coast) - Standard

The Ebon Hawk RP (east coast) - Standard

Lord Adraas RP (east coast) - Standard

Canderous Ordo PvE (east coast) - Standard

All other servers are light.

And standard is a joke, it can have as little as 350 people total both sides together. For this game, Very Heavy and Full are the only worth while populations that are actually sustainable for an MMO experience.

Tells you a lot when Bioware considers 350 people as a standard population

And standard is a joke, it can have as little as 350 people total both sides together. For this game, Very Heavy and Full are the only worth while populations that are actually sustainable for an MMO experience.

Tells you a lot when Bioware considers 350 people as a standard population

Standards level of players is laughably wide, and very difficult to interpret. the low side of Standard is a nightmare, and the high side of Standard is decent.

The last straw with me was the sound continuously going out.... The whole point of this game was Voice Overs and Star Wars music and sound, yet for the last couple months it's been broken.... The game is literally falling apart.... Not sure how it can get much worse....

Anyways there will be one less person on my server until they can get this stuff fixed.... I'm tired of paying for a broken game....

The fanboys have become extremely quiet over the last few days.

Things seemed so positive and "lets get up and fix this game ourselves!" a few days ago, now nobody is saying anything but "I'm bored" "Games dying" etc.

Not so many arguments today, just a general consensus that things suck and aren't getting better very quickly.

10+ threads on the first page either on the topic of the game dying, server merges, the game going F2P, or people unsubbing. Morale is high! Keep it up BW!

Edited by Celebrus

Yea it realy is sad that even with all the negativity flowing from the offical forums and even from alot of other places.

We still cant get any sort of real answers other than the common soon. Looks to me like they would atleast be trying to quell some of the discord. Then again who knows maybe they hoping it will die so they can finaly slink off and forget how bad they are screwing up?

The fanboys have become extremely quiet over the last few days.

Things seemed so positive and "lets get up and fix this game ourselves!" a few days ago, now nobody is saying anything but "I'm bored" "Games dying" etc.

Not so many arguments today, just a general consensus that things suck and aren't getting better very quickly.

10+ threads on the first page either on the topic of the game dying, server merges, the game going F2P, or people unsubbing. Morale is high! Keep it up BW!

Welcome to the forums, where 2% of the playerbase discuss how every single player thinks the game is dying and 98% are too busy playing to post, read or care!

Welcome to the forums, where 2% of the playerbase discuss how every single player thinks the game is dying and 98% are too busy playing to post, read or care!

This would be a valid argument if anyone was actualy playing the game. If as many people as you would have us believe was realy playing maybe they wouldnt need the transfers so bad.

This would be a valid argument if anyone was actualy playing the game. If as many people as you would have us believe was realy playing maybe they wouldnt need the transfers so bad.

The ones that are playing are on servers that are too light for anyone to notice. They opened too many at launch, simply. Free transfers from lights to standards in 1.3 should resolve it.

Then we can come here and complain about something new and interesting, like 'TOO LITTLE TOO LATE BIOWARE' or 'That Esh-kha looked at me funny, I'm unsubbing'.

IDK what game you are playing, but 98% of the March 1.3million subbers are clearly not online anymore. In fact if I had to take a rough guess as to how many active players there are, (subs don't mean a ton in the grand scheme of things as eventually folks quit paying or their 6month runs out [i pt to myself here]) I would say 200k in NA. IDK about the EU numbers or Asian numbers, but it is clear to me most of the NA servers are basically toast.

MMOs get one chance to make a first impression. Launch was smooth: the rest has been a serious cluster ****.

Edited by Evironrage

I quit the game weeks ago, but unfortunately for me BW gave me a free 30 days...which I've only used to make this one post. I have no plans to ever re-visit this game, but I'm sure BW will give out another free 30 days to players to pump up their numbers for this quarters subscription numbers...