Legacy name Reset

Cyphen

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it makes you feel any better, I messed mine up horribly as well. I guess I was in a bit of a hurry, so when the option came up... My trooper is named Chad as that is my name. So when I had a choice, I was like my trooper is named Chad, I will just name it Chad's Legacy. Now I am running around as Chad Chad's...

Hilarious man.

Legacy information on your character is obtained by opening the skill tree (K) and using the Legacy tab at the bottom. As you can see when you do so, there isn't anything there beyond a promise of more to come.

How you achieve Legacy level is by finishing Act 1, which is not dependant on a specific level attainted but rather whatever level you happen to be when you finish Act 1.

Act 1 is the end of your class quest as it stands at launch.

DISCLAIMER: Being an MMO, all of this is subject to change.

DISCLAIMER #2: All items above are factual until objected to by someone more knowledgeable.

Not completely true. Yes, you get your legacy after finishing Chapter 1, for me it was at level 34, but there is a second and third chapter in the game right now. The second one I finished at about.. 40-ish and the third one will finish at 50-ish.

I do not know if there is a reset.. I hope so, but if not - I can atleast live with my legacy name.

Edited by Mavericko

I know that my legacy surname is shared by all my alts on the server, but does it have to be displayed?

I only want the surname to show up on my main, but not on my alts. I don't care if my alts don;t have a surname.

Does anybody know?

Yep. You can chose to not display it, or as a last name, or under the name as (the soandso legacy)

Yep. You can chose to not display it, or as a last name, or under the name as (the soandso legacy)

just to be clear, if I have a main character "A" and an alt "B", when I got my surname "X", I can have "A X" displayed above my main and in my portrait, but only have "B" above my alt and in my alt's portrait - and not "B X"

just to be clear, if I have a main character "A" and an alt "B", when I got my surname "X", I can have "A X" displayed above my main and in my portrait, but only have "B" above my alt and in my alt's portrait - and not "B X"

You would have to change the option whenever you switch between your main and one of your alts.

I'm so tired of the popup. It comes up every time I zone (and other times). Honestly, I don't KNOW what I want my last name to be. I'm just trying to level. They say it doesn't even affect anything now but I keep being prompted to make a choice I may never be able to change. Weak.

This just feels like one of those annoying things that people who were first in the door will have to put up with but a few months down the road no one will remember.

EDIT: It actually interferes with the galaxy map. I was unable to click a sector to zoom into and when I canceled out, there was my popup. This means war!

Edited by EwokLuvr

I was really upset when i made my legacy name. I tried to hypenate it into (Azriel-Aegis) but it ended up like Azriel-aegis with the second word being lowercase. So now it looks dumb and illegitimate. I really wish i could change it or at least have them capitalize hyphenated names. =(

I submitted a ticket for this same issue, and was replied with them saying the cannot change it. Funny how in the naming policy they say they can change the name if they feel them name to be inappropriate. Seems that they just do not want to help people enjoy them game by giving them a simple reset option wether the ask for it or need it. I have another ticket asking about this. If I do not get a reset I would like to know if by deleting all characters or just the main on the server will it reset my legacy unlock, and name.

Just as a heads up, They WILL NOT change your Legacy name or reset it unless it violates the naming policy. Out of ignorance on my part i named my legacy the same name as my toon, so i get to run around with a double name unless i turn it off in options. I put in 2 tickets and even called and got told the same thing everytime "Unfortunatly we cant change it unless it violates the naming policy". I'll say this though, at least when i played WoW the Reps i dealt with bent over backwards for me at least, and did all they could to help me. Poor Customer service and policies are for the birds. What happened to the customer is always right, and Customer First policies. Not "Oh well, Guess you're stuck with it"

Yep, every new char still has the same bad name at the end...

Well you can call customer service then at least and they can reinstall your characters. Was an easy thing to do when I worked for a company that has an MMO. Just make sure you do not have any active characters with the same name as your old one.

Good Luck.

I was really concerned that I had choked my legacy name also. I chose "Sithmasters". Glad I found this forum , once I changed it to display as a title it was actually pretty awesome.

Homewrecker Fugitivelama

The Sithmasters Legacy

Edited by Fugitivelama

Wow. I'm utterly shaken by the ignorance of you people here. How difficult is it, to take a short time to enter a valid and non-stupid Legacy name? The Legacy-feature has been announced everywhere - all of you know that all your characters on the server share it. Why would you take the prompt so lightly? Why would you even THINK about entering your character's first name?

You people amaze me to no end...

Edited by TheRealMike

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.