How would the Republic military respond to a Reaper invasion?

Aurbere

As the title asks: how would the republic military respond to a reaper invasion? After playing through the ME series I find myself asking how the Republic would respond to the reaper The reapers would also most likely have the collectors with them. So who would win? Edited by Aurbere

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chancellor would go to the Jedi Council, point at the Reapers and say "go".

Lol nice mental image.

Chancellor is just walking along minding his own business, he sees Reapers and points "go get em jedi.." jedi come outta nowhere and attack while the chancellor walks away.

What a lot of people don't realize is that Mass Effect technology, even Reaper tech, is so far down the Science Fiction ladder on the scale of power its almost laughable, and that's mostly because they tried to keep most of it "believable". Mass Effect ship based weaponry maxes out in the Kiloton range, Star Wars maxes out with, well, the freaking Death Star.

What a lot of people don't realize is that Mass Effect technology, even Reaper tech, is so far down the Science Fiction ladder on the scale of power its almost laughable, and that's mostly because they tried to keep most of it "believable". Mass Effect ship based weaponry maxes out in the Kiloton range, Star Wars maxes out with, well, the freaking Death Star.

Science Fiction trying to be believable?! :eek: What sorcery is this!

Who/what are the Reapers? Also, the Republic Military would eventually, beg the Jedi for help, SOP.

The reapers are from the Mass Effect series. I don't know what they are exactly, but you can just wiki them for information.

Who/what are the Reapers? Also, the Republic Military would eventually, beg the Jedi for help, SOP.

The Reapers are a sentient machine race that return to the Milky Way every 50,000 years to wipe out all organics that have achieved space flight, and are the antagonists in another BioWare game, Mass Effect.

Like the Jedi are his personal attack dogs. Although I don't think the Jedi could beat the reapers alone.

Remember, though, that the known galaxy of Star Wars is exponentially larger than that of Mass Effect. There are over a trillion people on Coruscant alone. If we combined every homeworld's population from Mass Effect, we wouldn't have a tenth of Coruscant.

Furthermore, most worlds in the Star Wars universe are heavily populated and rich with resources, unlike the Mass Effect universe. Not only would it take centuries (or more) for the Reapers to properly harvest the entire galaxy, the Star Wars galaxy has enough resources, ships, and soldiers to actually defeat them conventionally. Remember: the Yuuzhan Vong War destroyed 365 trillion beings, and the galaxy was (relatively) still intact. Fighting the Reapers would be bloody, but they could do it.

Edited by Ravager

The Reapers are a sentient machine race that return to the Milky Way every 50,000 years to wipe out all organics that have achieved space flight, and are the antagonists in another BioWare game, Mass Effect.

Remember, though, that the known galaxy of Star Wars is exponentially larger than that of Mass Effect. There are over a trillion people on Coruscant alone. If we combined every homeworld's population from Mass Effect, we wouldn't have a tenth of Coruscant.

Furthermore, most worlds in the Star Wars universe are heavily populated and rich with resources, unlike the Mass Effect universe. Not only would it take centuries (or more) for the Reapers to properly harvest the entire galaxy, the Star Wars galaxy has enough resources, ships, and soldiers to actually defeat them conventionally. Remember: the Yuuzhan Vong War destroyed 365 trillion beings, and the galaxy was (relatively) still intact. Fighting the Reapers would be bloody, but they could do it.

I meant that it would take more than just the Jedi to beat the Reapers. However, I know that it would be hard fought and cost many lives. I think the Reapers approach to warfare would throw off the Republic and force them to adapt to the reapers strategy.

Part of me thinks a force user might even be more susceptible to indoctrination than a normal person. Since many Jedi already can find themselves having strange dreams and visions of the "future", if a Reaper tweaked it even just a little bit so that it works in their favor they might see their dreams as the "will of the force" before people realize the real power of the Reaper's indoctrination.

And with Indoctrinated force users going around and using their powers to help the Reapers get more subjects?

Pure Chaos...:jawa_evil:

Part of me thinks a force user might even be more susceptible to indoctrination than a normal person. Since many Jedi already can find themselves having strange dreams and visions of the "future", if a Reaper tweaked it even just a little bit so that it works in their favor they might see their dreams as the "will of the force" before people realize the real power of the Reaper's indoctrination.

And with Indoctrinated force users going around and using their powers to help the Reapers get more subjects?

Pure Chaos...:jawa_evil:

A very good point. The Republic has no idea what the reapers can do and thus don't know what to watch for. It takes more than overwhelming military forces to beat something like the reapers. The reapers could very well win that battle.

reapers , as scary as they were potrayed in ME, wont last long against SW republic armies.. the immense scale of SW universe, combined with that they have faster hyperspace , will result in reapers outmaneuvered and destroyed easily.

on side note, reapers against milky way galaxy in warhammer 40K universe would be regarded as annoyance and squashed even faster.. picture an imperiall guard commander breathe a sigh of relief when informed about reaper invasion, because reaper invasionnare not another Tyranid hive fleet

Firefly. Using REAL PHYSICS in space and atmospheric flight. :p

Wash: [about River] Psychic, though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

Zoë: We live in a spaceship, dear.

Wash: So?

((I think I enjoyed posting this more than any post Ive made in recent memory))

As someone else said.

Go get em Jedi.

The Jedi would probably lead the counter-attack, but the Jedi don't know how to fight the reapers and they'd probably get their butts kicked at first until they figure out what to do. The reapers would probably be able to indoctrinate some of the weak-willed padawans. Not to use as weapons but mainly intelligence so they can figure out how to beat the Jedi. This is a scenario where neither faction knows how to beat the other.

And the thing that people aren't thinking about is that the Reapers never just outright attack. They lure people to them and indoctrinate them, spreading their spies and agents all across the galaxy. And imagine if one of these indoctrinated agents started giving Republic tech to them for upgrades.

Not to mention that while in an outright battle the Republic could destroy them, imagine if a few Republic higher-ups in the military were indoctrinated and purposely set them on a course for failure.

The Reaper's greatest weapon is mind control/indoctrination, and while the Republic can build super weapons, it just won't matter if the guy piloting it is indoctrinated. Kind of like that Spore creature that Jerec wanted to use to mind control people, but worse.

In the end I think the Republic would win, with the help of the Jedi of course, but I don't think it would be as easy as first implied.

And the thing that people aren't thinking about is that the Reapers never just outright attack. They lure people to them and indoctrinate them, spreading their spies and agents all across the galaxy. And imagine if one of these indoctrinated agents started giving Republic tech to them for upgrades.

Not to mention that while in an outright battle the Republic could destroy them, imagine if a few Republic higher-ups in the military were indoctrinated and purposely set them on a course for failure.

The Reaper's greatest weapon is mind control/indoctrination, and while the Republic can build super weapons, it just won't matter if the guy piloting it is indoctrinated. Kind of like that Spore creature that Jerec wanted to use to mind control people, but worse.

In the end I think the Republic would win, with the help of the Jedi of course, but I don't think it would be as easy as first implied.

Eventually the republic would win... if the reapers hadn't indoctrinated a majority of the higher-ups.