Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Worst Spec PvP video!

Assaultrooper

Very nice vid.

You have some terrible Sorcerers/Sages on your server lol. Most of them just stood there and tried to facetank you.

Very impressive burst and looks quite mobile, not sure why people voted it as being a terrible spec.

Very nice vid.

You have some terrible Sorcerers/Sages on your server lol. Most of them just stood there and tried to facetank you.

Very impressive burst and looks quite mobile, not sure why people voted it as being a terrible spec.

Thanks ^^ and true that :p

Its a "terrible spec" tho cause it is exclusively melee, and most of the burst comes from Flamethrower

I think I ran into this spec yesterday for the first time...couldn't quite figure out how it was giving me fits...I can't see the video but I have to say its underrated when the keyboard interface Is working so well. Edited by Zekeiele

Full melee Build, without all the melee defense bells and whistles =/

Is kind of why it's bleh to me. (Unlike Pyro that has some ranged capabilities, AP *has* to be in melee for anything it wants)

Nice vid, but omg I'm shocked at how many BAD 50's are on that server, a vanguard that forgets to buff up after respawning, sorcs just standing there looking confused, a jugg spamming intimating roar, a gunslinger casting orbital strike on top of himself... ?

Still AP isn't a very good build (ran it for about 3 weeks before goin back to shieldtech).

Edited by Sookster

One use for this build would be for well known pyros and shield techs can change to this spec for a bit to catch people off guard...when I was going after the player I guessed he was an "iron fist" type and was unpleasantly surprised when the fight didn't end like I figured it should...the build is less squishy than ironfist and hits a lot harder...obviously a lot less utility but still...deffinatly caught me off guard but at least now I know what I was doing wrong against that spec. Edited by Zekeiele

One use for this build would be for well known pyros and shield techs can change to this spec for a bit to catch people off guard...when I was going after the player I guessed he was an "iron fist" type and was unpleasantly surprised when the fight didn't end like I figured it should...the build is less squishy than ironfist and hits a lot harder...obviously a lot less utility but still...deffinatly caught me off guard but at least now I know what I was doing wrong against that spec.

Yep it is a really wierd spec to fight the first time you see it :p It really makes people get into the shoes of a PT ^^ why? Well your knockbacks aren't working, your slow isn't working, and your gap closer isn't working, Only got stun and cc's to keep this spec out of range :)

Edited by Assaultrooper

Nice vid, but omg I'm shocked at how many BAD 50's are on that server, a vanguard that forgets to buff up after respawning, sorcs just standing there looking confused, a jugg spamming intimating roar, a gunslinger casting orbital strike on top of himself... ?

Still AP isn't a very good build (ran it for about 3 weeks before goin back to shieldtech).

ran it myself for sometime also for pve its really nice because it dosnt have the heat problems of pyro

i just thought it didnt have enoph burst compared to the pyro but loved it as ball carrier in HB due to the immune to kb and slows and reduced dmg taken while stunned

Edited by mamosh

Yep it is a really wierd spec to fight the first time you see it :p It really makes people get into the shoes of a PT ^^ why? Well your knockbacks aren't working, your slow isn't working, and your gap closer isn't working, Only got stun and cc's to keep this spec out of range :)

:) very true...I was doing some fairly normal rotations and I usually load up right before a stun and dump mana/big hitters....basically costing myself 20% damage haha...if I run into him again I'll use a mana builder while he is stunned then dump...I also might want to think about interrupting that flamethrower that I usually ignore ;).

Yep, were talking of a half-decent (The Only one out there) AP PvP video!

Enjoy!

Hrm, well I did a few movies of the Vanguard equivalent a while back ago that might be considered half-decent and it's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. However, I think Storm is just too good for group PvP to pass up. IMO, Storm should be a baseline ability.

Also, for some reason mortar volley hit harder when I ran this build over other builds. Not sure what's up with that. It's the best AoE build for Van/PT.

Edited by Raggok

Hrm, well I did a few movies of the Vanguard equivalent a while back ago that might be considered half-decent and it's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. However, I think Storm is just too good for group PvP to pass up. IMO, Storm should be a baseline ability.

Also, for some reason mortar volley hit harder when I ran this build over other builds. Not sure what's up with that. It's the best AoE build for Van/PT.

Pulse Generator is bugged for Vanguards. The 5 stack affects both your AOE Plastique and Mortar Volley (At a cost of the snare not working...)

Supposedly it's remnants of an early beta version of the talent that is still there. PT version works according to the tooltip.

Edited by exphryl

Exactly, instead of grapple/harpoon, we should've gotten jet charge/storm as a class ability and grapple/harpoon being available up high in the tank tree. Hopefully devs take note of that, I feel naked without jet charge on my PT.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.