I just want to hear some Dev feedback.

Hiphophippie

Since (the dawn of time) 1.2 came out there has been forum outcry about obvious PVP imbalances, with almost no communication as to whether this was the intended TTK or flow of PVP gameplay. Week after week, I see these community Q&A's that address none of the concerns of the PVP community. As a healer, my main issue isn't QQ fix healing, I personally have adapted to 1.2 and can live comfortably with the changes. The issue is that certain classes damage is just slightly too high to the point where it is unhealable, and needs a tweek. Trying to heal people that can lose 75% health before i have a chance to save them is too fast for it to be fun. Of course, I would love to know the time frame of 8 man queues and rated wzs, but really any communication about the Dev's opinion of the current state of pvp would help me decide if I want to continue to play or not.

inb4 buy recruit gear; I play a (geared BM/ 4pc WH) merc healer and I know my class and can hold my own against several dps players.

Edited by Hiphophippie

It's quite possible that their fixes are still in the planning stage, and you know how much Bioware hates talking about changes before they're ready (And look at the outrage of the Ranked warzone pre-seasons; Can you blame them)?

Not sure if they've said, "Currently working on PvP adjustments, but no solid info on changes for you yet.", but that may be all they can say.

EDIT: There's nothign on the Dev tracker yet on this topic. It would be nice to get a, "Yeah, we may have overtuned things a bit," or, "A fix to slow down TTK a bit is in the works, but we don't want to say anything more until we finalize the details". Your best bet is probably posting in the Q&A thread and hoping Bioware picks your question this time.

Edited by KorinHyvek

This reminds me of the old joke about the genie and three wishes, the first two are granted and the last wish is for peace in the middle east.

The genie says it's impossible and asks you to pick something else. So you ask for a developer response to topics in the SW:TOR forums.

The genie then asks you for a map of the middle east. :eek:

Since (the dawn of time) 1.2 came out there has been forum outcry about obvious PVP imbalances, with almost no communication as to whether this was the intended TTK or flow of PVP gameplay. Week after week, I see these community Q&A's that address none of the concerns of the PVP community. As a healer, my main issue isn't QQ fix healing, I personally have adapted to 1.2 and can live comfortably with the changes. The issue is that certain classes damage is just slightly too high to the point where it is unhealable, and needs a tweek. Trying to heal people that can lose 75% health before i have a chance to save them is too fast for it to be fun. Of course, I would love to know the time frame of 8 man queues and rated wzs, but really any communication about the Dev's opinion of the current state of pvp would help me decide if I want to continue to play or not.

inb4 buy recruit gear; I play a (geared BM/ 4pc WH) merc healer and I know my class and can hold my own against several dps players.

I ll tell you straight, that game or any other game never gonna be balanced, some classes gonna rock some classes won't, the circle of nerfs and boosts, Blizzard as example was balancing pvp around 3v3 games which is way easier then to balance 8v8 games in bigger map scale, yet Blizzard failed.

This game is mostly for NA/EU players, for whom things which are easy need to get even more easy so they can in the end say : That game for kidds. I don't think you or any other who unsatisfied with a game will want to have timed CC, interrupts by using focus not tab, focus fire when you need to.

The currect state of pvp it's not the question which should be asked to Devs, really, that question u have to ask to whole pvp community who wanted this and got it.

The currect state of pvp it's not the question which should be asked to Devs, really, that question u have to ask to whole pvp community who wanted this and got it.

There were a lot of warnings raised early on by some of the more knowledgeable PVPers in the community before the patch even hit. Once it did launch, there were even more that have articulated the current sad state of the game's PVP.

As for the OP, I suggest you read the latest Q&A for April 27th. There you will find questions you never thought a player would bother to ask, nor singled out by Bioware as important to answer given the current outcry over the 1.2 disaster. Actually, there was at least one useful bit of info that I found: 1.3 will NOT have dual spec as they're currently continuing to focus on the Legacy system for 1.3

That's because the whole community does not agree with your assessment, in fact you could say the larger non vocal community is happy with the game and playing it rather than posting on these forums.

That is of course an assumption, much like your argument.

I personally love the 1.2 patch and it's associated TTK changes.

here it is

gabe ameteglo: id like to try 5 million vs 5 million

james ohlen: we have the best pvp team even more now! all servers are full to the max and healthy!

Joveth gonzalez: id like to state that we are currently working on giving you a free rancor baby pet

george zoeller: your getting chainstunned b/c you dont have hero gear

daniel erickson: ranked wz's in 1.4 i swear really this time

there you go

Edited by hargrave

It's quite possible that their fixes are still in the planning stage, and you know how much Bioware hates talking about changes before they're ready (And look at the outrage of the Ranked warzone pre-seasons; Can you blame them)?

Not sure if they've said, "Currently working on PvP adjustments, but no solid info on changes for you yet.", but that may be all they can say.

EDIT: There's nothign on the Dev tracker yet on this topic. It would be nice to get a, "Yeah, we may have overtuned things a bit," or, "A fix to slow down TTK a bit is in the works, but we don't want to say anything more until we finalize the details". Your best bet is probably posting in the Q&A thread and hoping Bioware picks your question this time.

the thing is, for 3 years bioware has had the "we dont talk about it unless its 100% ready" policy. they talked about ranked warzones, and man did they hype the crap out of them.

THAT is why there was such a huge outrage over that debacle. bioware, who has constantly made a huge deal about not releasing info until something is ready, totally screwed the pooch. in one single move they have destroyed their credibility

dont forget the 100vs100 at pax with gabe and the huge ilum debacle. Or james ohlen with his :best pvp team" statement. They should have done like gw2 shut their mouth and show tons of youtube vids of what they have rather then "we'd like to do this" and empty promises

the thing is, for 3 years bioware has had the "we dont talk about it unless its 100% ready" policy. they talked about ranked warzones, and man did they hype the crap out of them.

THAT is why there was such a huge outrage over that debacle. bioware, who has constantly made a huge deal about not releasing info until something is ready, totally screwed the pooch. in one single move they have destroyed their credibility

here it is

gabe ameteglo: id like to try 5 million vs 5 million

james ohlen: we have the best pvp team even more now! all servers are full to the max and healthy!

Joveth gonzalez: id like to state that we are currently working on giving you a free rancor baby pet

george zoeller: your getting chainstunned b/c you dont have hero gear

daniel erickson: ranked wz's in 1.4 i swear really this time

there you go

pretty much this^^

Sick and tired of EA/BW and their lies, which is why I just hit the cancel button.