People will be full WH within a week

Kasukua

Is this good or bad for pvp right now, with the coming of rated WZ's etc... or is it just standard gear progression and part of their plan

Part of the plan, they'd like the playing field as level as possible (eventually).

I find it silly that people will have all their rated gear before rated wz are even in the game. Why not give us pve raid gear without having to raid?

Your analogy is incorrect. You still have to PvP old style.

The equivalent would be getting campaign gear from EV/KP.

Is this good or bad for pvp right now, with the coming of rated WZ's etc... or is it just standard gear progression and part of their plan

Dunno, I'm almost full WH after 3 weeks.

It's not a hard thing to manage, just takes a bit of time. Either or full next tier of gear in under a month is pretty amazing.

The only people who will be in full WH are on the heavily populated servers that don't have to wait on que times, and that play a LOT every day.

To the second point, whats the issue with that?

Dunno, I'm almost full WH after 3 weeks.

It's not a hard thing to manage, just takes a bit of time. Either or full next tier of gear in under a month is pretty amazing.

Uh if you are playing 8-10 hours a day sure. The amount of comms needed for WH gear is way over the top. You are looking at around 770 wz matches if you are averaging 110 comms a match for full war hero. Not counting the cost of BM gear.

Thats about what? 30-40 wz matches a day for full wh in 3 weeks

Edited by Delease

I find it silly that people will have all their rated gear before rated wz are even in the game. Why not give us pve raid gear without having to raid?

I find it silly that people think the war hero gear they can buy now is rated. Does it say rating required or rated anywhere on the gear?

How many of those people you see with WH gear actually have WH gear and not augmented crafted gear with BM mods in the slots? Only way I see it even being possible would be to not be a working person and be on 24/7.

Uh if you are playing 8-10 hours a day sure. The amount of comms needed for WH gear is way over the top. You are looking at around 770 wz matches if you are averaging 110 comms a match for full war hero. Not counting the cost of BM gear.

Thats about what? 30-40 wz matches a day for full wh in 3 weeks

As you can see just the sheer number of comms needed to deck yourself out in WH gear is so large only the truly lifeless people can get fully equipped in a short period. I average 3-5 WZ matches per day. At that rate it would take me about 150 days to go from BM to WH if I manage to win most of my matches. Casual, sure, but anyone that can play 30 WZ matches per day needs a life, period.

I'm still 49 and I have 1000 merc, 2000 normal and 2500 ranked WZ comms.

Seems gearing up is easy.

Even if you had the valor, you could not even buy the mainhand weapon.

So yes, pretty easy.

I'm still 49 and I have 1000 merc, 2000 normal and 2500 ranked WZ comms.

Seems gearing up is easy.

Considering you have to have the BM piece to get the WH piece I would say it's not as easy as you think

I was getting a peice per day, up till 3 days ago, i just stopped playing. I have 5 peices (MH/chest/head/gloves/boots) working on my OH now

I'd stop playing too if I never did anything else. A piece a day? come on man :rolleyes:

Its not rated you cant buy that without being rated

I'd stop playing too if I never did anything else. A piece a day? come on man :rolleyes:

The main hand, off hand, and chest are about 3400 or so ranked comms each. Since it's a 3 to 1 conversion rate, that's 10,200 wz comms. The other armor pieces are about 2000 ranked, or 6000 wz comms. And the relic/trinket slots are I believe 1425 ranked and 1200 wz or something to that effect, which is a bit over 6000 wz comms as well.

So saying you get 100 comms a match, and each match is running 15 mins with time to queue and play the match, you're getting 400 comms per hour. In 10 hours of play you still haven't even gotten 1 piece. Around 15 hours you've gotten the cheaper parts.

That is insane. And I'm being generous with the earn rates and wz pops here. Am I off on something here? Is it actually quicker than this? Is it people are averaging 140 comms and only 10 minutes per wz, to give themselves ~840 comms an hour? And even then it's still a full work day of "playing" to get a piece, and more to get the main hand etc pieces.

I thought I played a lot the past 2 weeks but I have my own limits. Even with time off and on a vacation I can't play that much. I can't imagine doing it for weeks straight.

The main hand, off hand, and chest are about 3400 or so ranked comms each. Since it's a 3 to 1 conversion rate, that's 10,200 wz comms. The other armor pieces are about 2000 ranked, or 6000 wz comms. And the relic/trinket slots are I believe 1425 ranked and 1200 wz or something to that effect, which is a bit over 6000 wz comms as well.

So saying you get 100 comms a match, and each match is running 15 mins with time to queue and play the match, you're getting 400 comms per hour. In 10 hours of play you still haven't even gotten 1 piece. Around 15 hours you've gotten the cheaper parts.

That is insane. And I'm being generous with the earn rates and wz pops here. Am I off on something here? Is it actually quicker than this? Is it people are averaging 140 comms and only 10 minutes per wz, to give themselves ~840 comms an hour? And even then it's still a full work day of "playing" to get a piece, and more to get the main hand etc pieces.

I thought I played a lot the past 2 weeks but I have my own limits. Even with time off and on a vacation I can't play that much. I can't imagine doing it for weeks straight.

honestly he was probably trolling, unless he's a business major

Don't forget to factor in daily and weekly quests. They're the equivalent of an extra 4ish games per day. A lot of people also had 2,000 warzone coms when 1.2 launched (1 to 1 conversion for merc to warzone) and had the Ilum daily and weekly held over from the previous week.