Cybertech DEAD, no sales, Thanks BW

Bethmora

What crafters need to understand is you are the top dogs now EVERY proffession is the top dog. Everyone is going to want Augmented gear. Cybertechs can make Mods the level 61 campaign level grade mods they can also make Black Hole Ear. Artifice can make Campaign level Offhands with augment slots they can make orange light sabers with augment slots they can make ILvl 61 blackhole/campaign level enhancments. Armormechs can make blackhole/Campaign belt bracers glvoes boots. So that people do not have to have valor rank 60 to have the gloves or boots augmened. Same with synthweavers. All the crafting proffession can make the top quality gear now this is what all you crafters wanted. You wanted to be able to make Top teir raid gear and now you can and what do we still see QQQQQQQQ. What is going to make you guys happy?

Uh, yeah, I think you're in the wrong forum. Most of the people here are talking about crafters, you're talking about raiders who also have crafting skills. I don't know about you, but I can't make ilvl 61 mods or Black Hole Earpieces, nor do I anticipate being able to do so in the near future.

Personally, I don't give a rat's *** about being able to craft raid-quality items. All I wanted was to be able to successful at crafting pre-raid gear, but BioWare took that away, first by putting equivalent items on vendors, then by allowing instance farmers to craft better. I have almost 20 level 49 purple Earpiece schematics that I literally spent MILLIONS getting, back before the RE rate was modified, which are now useless BECAUSE NO ONE BUYS THEM.

What you're talking about is a system for raiders who craft. As I said before, part of the reason I bought SWTOR was that BioWare implied that you wouldn't have to be a raider to be a viable crafter. So, yes, in that regard I certainly have a right to "QQQQQQQ", as you so eloquently put it. Had I known from the beginning that it would be this way, then that would be a different story. Do you understand now?

Really, though, whatever. It's their game, they can do with it what they like. If they're not interested in keeping players like me, then I'll look elsewhere. After my free month is over, of course.

Edited by Meluna
rude

Sorry, but i seem to have missed something as I (A 400 Cybertech) can not make any mods higher than Level 49. I do not see any schematics above this level in-game or in the various Item databases available. Same goes for the ear piece. Its entirely possible that I have missed an update or patch note that says I can craft these but to my knowledge this is currently not the case. If anyone wants better than level 49 mods currently, they won't be seeking them from a crafter.

you loot a piece of black hole gear pull the mod out of RE it then BAM 20% chance to learn the schematic and bamn now you can craft level 61 mods. Our artifice is making enhancments and selling them for 600k a pop ive been selling mods for the same.

Edited by Cichard

Uh, yeah, I think you're in the wrong forum. Most of the people here are talking about crafters, you're talking about raiders who also have crafting skills. I don't know about you, but I can't make ilvl 61 mods or Black Hole Earpieces, nor do I anticipate being able to do so in the near future.

Personally, I don't give a rat's *** about being able to craft raid-quality items. All I wanted was to be able to successful at crafting pre-raid gear, but BioWare took that away, first by putting equivalent items on vendors, then by allowing instance farmers to craft better. I have almost 20 level 49 purple Earpiece schematics that I literally spent MILLIONS getting, back before the RE rate was modified, which are now useless BECAUSE NO ONE BUYS THEM.

What you're talking about is a system for raiders who craft. As I said before, part of the reason I bought SWTOR was that BioWare implied that you wouldn't have to be a raider to be a viable crafter. So, yes, in that regard I certainly have a right to "QQQQQQQ", as you so eloquently put it. Had I known from the beginning that it would be this way, then that would be a different story. Do you understand now?

Really, though, whatever. It's their game, they can do with it what they like. If they're not interested in keeping players like me, then I'll look elsewhere. After my free month is over, of course.

ok so your complaining since you only play 1/4 of a game that you cant make stuff that people want to buy????

I say 1/4 of the game cause this game can be broken down that way. 1/4 PVE(Operations flashpoints) 1/4 pvp(warzones,and soon rated warzones) 1/4 Crafting(Schematics learned from a trainer) and 1/4 story. Now if you only want to play 1/4 of the game ie. crafting then you get to make whats on the crafting trainer. Which has tons of gears you can reverse engineer which is great to gear someone up pre Hardmode flashpoints. Now if you want to play 1/2 a game and do some PVE and Crafting you get a more enjoyable experiense. Now if you play the whole game you get an complete experience. You GET OUT what you PUT IN. If you put little effort in to playing the game you get little reward.

Try playing more of the game join a guild get a good bunch of friends and get these new craftable items.

on a side note yes the bug with the any option on the gtn is a pita but its not only effecting cybertechs it doesnt work with a few things atm. but thats why there is a /3 trade channel

Edited by Meluna

ok so your complaining since you only play 1/4 of a game that you cant make stuff that people want to buy????

I say 1/4 of the game cause this game can be broken down that way. 1/4 PVE(Operations flashpoints) 1/4 pvp(warzones,and soon rated warzones) 1/4 Crafting(Schematics learned from a trainer) and 1/4 story. Now if you only want to play 1/4 of the game ie. crafting then you get to make whats on the crafting trainer. Which has tons of gears you can reverse engineer which is great to gear someone up pre Hardmode flashpoints. Now if you want to play 1/2 a game and do some PVE and Crafting you get a more enjoyable experiense. Now if you play the whole game you get an complete experience. You GET OUT what you PUT IN. If you put little effort in to playing the game you get little reward.

Try playing more of the game join a guild get a good bunch of friends and get these new craftable items.

on a side note yes the bug with the any option on the gtn is a pita but its not only effecting cybertechs it doesnt work with a few things atm. but thats why there is a /3 trade channel

Who said I only play 1/4th of SWTOR? What I said is that I don't like is group-farming instances. I think it's boring to raid instances over and over hoping for schematics. I'm not complaining that SWTOR has become completely raid focused, I'm complaining that they implied it would be otherwise. There is a difference.

Some of what you say is true. I won't argue with that. But saying that the gear Cybertechs can make without raiding is "great to gear someone up pre Hardmode flashpoints" is untrue. I make that gear, it's on the GTN right now. And it's not selling. Why? Because BioWare decided to invalidate it. Players are skipping it, and rightly so. You can get equivalent or better from a vendor. You can get equivalent or better from people who have traded in their coms for Mods or decided to sell their quest rewards on the GTN for a lower price THAN THE MATERIALS TO MAKE THEM ARE WORTH. And now, with schematics dropping in raids, people with money can BUY their way past pre-raid gear. And why wouldn't they? I know that if I made a new character with the intent to raid, I wouldn't even bother with the level 49 stuff.

Pre-raid gear is worthless now. BioWare has effectively rendered that tier obsolete. Other MMOs allow non-raiding crafters that niche, so why not SWTOR? But, like I said, whatever. They can do as they like, and if they only want players who raid, then I'll just go elsewhere.

Who said I only play 1/4th of SWTOR? What I said is that I don't like is group-farming instances. I think it's boring to raid instances over and over hoping for schematics. I'm not complaining that SWTOR has become completely raid focused, I'm complaining that they implied it would be otherwise. There is a difference.

Some of what you say is true. I won't argue with that. But saying that the gear Cybertechs can make without raiding is "great to gear someone up pre Hardmode flashpoints" is untrue. I make that gear, it's on the GTN right now. And it's not selling. Why? Because BioWare decided to invalidate it. Players are skipping it, and rightly so. You can get equivalent or better from a vendor. You can get equivalent or better from people who have traded in their coms for Mods or decided to sell their quest rewards on the GTN for a lower price THAN THE MATERIALS TO MAKE THEM ARE WORTH. And now, with schematics dropping in raids, people with money can BUY their way past pre-raid gear. And why wouldn't they? I know that if I made a new character with the intent to raid, I wouldn't even bother with the level 49 stuff.

Pre-raid gear is worthless now. BioWare has effectively rendered that tier obsolete. Other MMOs allow non-raiding crafters that niche, so why not SWTOR? But, like I said, whatever. They can do as they like, and if they only want players who raid, then I'll just go elsewhere.

I dont knwo about you but maybe its the prefixes you are trying to sell. On my armormech i make a killing selling veracity belts and bracers i also make a killing selling veracity implants and ears same with my synthweaver. maybe you are just making the wrong prefixes or your server is just that bad. Im sitting at 25mil credits and 90% of that comes from crafting.

You guys are half-baked.

Artifice and Cybertechs are selling Q61 mods and enhancements for 400-700k a pop on my server. You can get the needed mats from space combat missions or from raiding. (I am uncertain, but I think pvp might also give mats too.)

Artifice and Cybertech are currently the BEST money makers if you're selling Q61 items.

Also as a Cybertech you can sell Black Hole ear pieces and augmented ear pieces sell for a cool million easily. I've seen them go for up to 1.5 million.

well look at artifice we can make 41 crystals now what do they do have a event and just give them away or befor that have a store you can buy them befor that sorry best you can do is 33 or get high pvp and pve gear i try selling hilts but you can get better for doing dailies so everything is not worth crafting if you play game anyway i think crafting should be little harder to do but be a little better

That attitude turns me off the game. please respect that not everyone plays for the same reasons as you. I agree with OP changes to crafting have made it only usefull to people who mostly do operations and flashpoints. For me the content ends at what I can solo at 50, then I roll a new charachter.

Edited by LongGui

Look, I'm on a server where I can still get 30k easily for the missile batteries alone. But, I can just go jump on my synth main and sell an augmented acrolytes lower robe, that only requires grade 1 parts to make, for at least 100k credits. Purple ship parts require mandalorian Iron.

Cybertech is just useless to me these days, and when I come to think of it.. it was never super useful. Grenades are ok, but are stil meh.

I'm dropping Cybertech, for Armstech on my alt. You know why? I want to make an augmented "The Chomper" vibrosword for my Sorc, that's all. It really says something about Cybertech when I can go drop it over a single sword.

I also don't waste my time trying to learn those Q61 mods and what have you. I'm a PVP'er, I don't raid.. maybe if you raid you might find some success. You'd still not make as much money as a Synth selling augments and augmented goods.

Edited by PutinDoesJudo

So, I have had a few theards about this as has other. Just to show how dead it is on my server here is what i have been trying to sell since 1.2 first part is the items that dont come up on GTN because BW does not feel it needs to be fixed. So there for, no sales because of the bug.

Before 1.2 : LvL 49 Purple earpieces sold at 40k to 60k

After 1.2 i dropped them down to 5k with No sales

Grade 4 ship parts: before 1.2: 20 to 30k

After 1.2: 5:k No Sales

Purple Ship parts before 1.2: 50 to 80k

After 1.2: No sales at 25k

Mounts LOL another joke, no sales

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grenades: No sales -never sold before-

Droid parts: This is a joke and a waste of space, NEVER sold

Amoring and Mods: Blues will sell mid lvl maybe, but lvl 49 purples forget it, ppl sell the dailys for cheaper then mat cost. Also, with planet comms blue armoring and mods are easy to get.

My point is this crafting class has been killed because of the GTN problem. If your a Cybertech and selling on your server, more power to you. We got NOTHING in 1.2 if they would have just gave us a couple schems for new speeders maybe that would have been nice. sad to say at this point I might just have to dump it.

Just my rant, bash away if you like.

did you got get about making your own space ship parts O_O....

You must be on my server. The "dimwit undercutters" have completely hosed the ship upgrade market lately. I had lowered prices to stay competitive to 40K a piece, but now they're selling purples at 20 and 15K. I mean, c'mon...the mando and promethium is worth almost that. I don't get it...not at all.

Buy those cheap ones and resell at higher price then.

Im not that high a level cybertech but i have made a few things, mostly for my own use. I would like to make more nut i can never get any good schematics. I dont have enough money to buy the best ones from a vendor and in 32 lvls and an almost maxed slicing skill i have not found a single cybertech schematic! I have got over a dozen diplomacy and several armstech and synthweaving though. Very frustrating.

Look, I'm on a server where I can still get 30k easily for the missile batteries alone. But, I can just go jump on my synth main and sell an augmented acrolytes lower robe, that only requires grade 1 parts to make, for at least 100k credits.

If synthweaving is so profitable, make a synthweaving alt. As you point out, it doesn't need high level mats or anything, so getting an alt able to churn out those items is childs play. A few hours most.

Trade skills are supply/demand. Apparently missile batteries are oversupplied, and augmented robes are WAY under supplied.