To the biased Sents/Maras defending their OP class

Madnutter

What a load of garbage. You must have just been on weekend betas a month before release. I tested from about 6 months before release, the changes were drastic.

But you and others have constantly been caught outright lying, so I guess there's no reason to expect that to change. I doubt anybody reading these posts still believes the three of you has a shred of credibility, especially after a few of us exposed major inaccuracies in the past page or two.

Closed beta since August. Xerain, Apocolypse and others both know who I am. In Apoc's case he's been in closed beta for over a year.

http://i47.tinypic.com/1zg9d0o.jpg

This is a screen shot of me wearing armor that wasn't available for the latter part of beta. It was called Dark Jedi robes and they owned. The rest of my robin hood outfit I believe doesn't exist as well. So yeah, sorry, I was fully functional in closed Beta. I leveled Marauder to 50 once and Sentinel to 50 twice. If you were part of closed beta, what color were the helmets/boots off the comm vendor in NS?

Can you explain the major inaccuracies?

Edited by Derian

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a load of garbage. You must have just been on weekend betas a month before release. I tested from about 6 months before release, the changes were drastic.

But you and others have constantly been caught outright lying, so I guess there's no reason to expect that to change. I doubt anybody reading these posts still believes the three of you has a shred of credibility, especially after a few of us exposed major inaccuracies in the past page or two.

No zen/fury mechanic and GBTF and Rebuke/Cloak of Pain were not in 6 months before release because i started beta in august.

The "Class revamp" thing was late beta for sure. After the tools sents got they were still thought of as being weak. The whole "Who would take a sentinel to a raid?" thing was late because I argued with a bunch of weekenders about it. (The mass beta weekenders, not the true closed beta weekenders like squadron 11)

Closed beta since August. Xerain, Apocolypse and others both know who I am. In Apoc's case he's been in closed beta for over a year.

http://i47.tinypic.com/1zg9d0o.jpg

This is a screen shot of me wearing armor that wasn't available for the latter part of beta. It was called Dark Jedi robes and they owned. The rest of my robin hood outfit I believe doesn't exist as well. So yeah, sorry, I was fully functional in closed Beta. I leveled Marauder to 50 once and Sentinel to 50 twice. If you were part of closed beta, what color were the helmets/boots off the comm vendor in NS?

Can you explain the major inaccuracies?

What color were those wardogs, bro!!! I forgot the technical name of them ackhounds maybes.

The "Class revamp" thing was late beta for sure. After the tools sents got they were still thought of as being weak. The whole "Who would take a sentinel to a raid?" thing was late because I argued with a bunch of weekenders about it. (The mass beta weekenders, not the true closed beta weekenders like squadron 11)

Well honestly the Operations are like, piss **** for melee dps.

Well honestly the Operations are like, piss **** for melee dps.

It ain't easy for sure but this was more of a "They do crap damage, can't doa nything better than other class, completely not viable" type than the true statement melee dps is tough to play.

Awesome haiku btw

Anyway, my favorite post was "What's the use in Inspiration! I mean 20% damage/healing increase every 5 minutes is useless!"

Edited by Derian

I seem to remember everyone talking about how Pre 40 Marauders/Sent's were not great, but once they got past 40 they started becoming overpowered...At least that was what I remembered from Beta.

The only people who ever thought marauders sucked in Final was scrubs who hadn't hit 50 yet, Hell you can go look at the Marauder forums and you have Marauders telling low level marauders they're idiots for thinking the class sucks..

The whole thing about "juggs have heavy armor and can survive, so why can't I" argument is a bit strange. You picked a DPS class, which means you sacrifice survivability for damage. Juggs in equal gear in a DPS spec should not do as much damage, but should survive a bit better. How is that so difficult to understand? You should *not* be in the middle of a massive crowd and survive being focused. That's just unreasonable. Nor should you steal an op/assassin's bread and butter -- stealth. You have a class that does damage. So you can't tank a WZ group, so what? If that's what you signed up for, roll PT or Jugg.

Now, one v. one with a ranged? If you close the gap and keep it closed --yes, you should roll their faces off, if they're not a better player. You should NOT have a stun in which you can melt them fully. Nor should they have a stun during which they melt you. You should also *not* be unable to be kited. But it should also be difficult to kite you.

Honestly, do away with camo and full damage immunity, and I'd be set. Mara/sents aren't completely broken, but they need a little tweaking. Keep them competitive, but not a faceroll. That's all I ask.

The whole thing about "juggs have heavy armor and can survive, so why can't I" argument is a bit strange. You picked a DPS class, which means you sacrifice survivability for damage. Juggs in equal gear in a DPS spec should not do as much damage, but should survive a bit better. How is that so difficult to understand? You should *not* be in the middle of a massive crowd and survive being focused. That's just unreasonable. Nor should you steal an op/assassin's bread and butter -- stealth. You have a class that does damage. So you can't tank a WZ group, so what? If that's what you signed up for, roll PT or Jugg.

Now, one v. one with a ranged? If you close the gap and keep it closed --yes, you should roll their faces off, if they're not a better player. You should NOT have a stun in which you can melt them fully. Nor should they have a stun during which they melt you. You should also *not* be unable to be kited. But it should also be difficult to kite you.

Honestly, do away with camo and full damage immunity, and I'd be set. Mara/sents aren't completely broken, but they need a little tweaking. Keep them competitive, but not a faceroll. That's all I ask.

LOL put 1 marauder and 1 healer against a group of 8 and have them attack the marauder and see how well the healer can keep them up.

Do away with all the other classes stuns then. You get 4 seconds of damage immunity, 100%, maybe more than 4 seconds if the mara's cc break is down.

And marauder stealth is not operative/assassin stealth in any way. **** out with your terrible arguments.

A marauder can't stand in the middle of a group being focused and survive. They can only extend for 5 seconds then promptly die. Even with those 5 seconds, if they are being focused they will still probably go down faster than a actual tank seeing as how they are like paper when the defensive CD's aren't in use. Chances are if he is being focused he won't even be able to get that UR off because he has already been stunned and brought down to nothing before it wore off.

I'm not sure what you are talking about a stun that allows us to melt someones face off. I don't know if you are implying that we have something like that or if your just saying in general we shouldn't have one. Additionally, people who actually know how to play there ranged classes can kite marauders effectively. Sadly a lot of the ranged players in this game will just stand there and not even attempt to move out of range.

Well the problem is people treat 99% the same as 100%

I have actually still died when i fired off undying rage and it was active.

That want to deny that Mara/Sents are Warrior class that also give up heavy armor, with no or limited self healing, no Knock Backs, Pushes, Pulls, Stuns (they have a limited aoe stun breaks on damage)....

What sense in fairness does it make someone can be in heavy armor and pew pew pew from WAYYY over there and shield and heal,etc...

Heaven forbid a MELEE actually makes the range close instead of far... the audacity!!!!

Edited by Blloodbane

a stun where you can melt them fully? is this a reply to ppl asking for a proper mara stun? maras have a channelled stun they cant do anything while they channel it.... otherwise they have a mez that breaks on damage.

what class do you play?

Sentinel and Marauder players are suffering from a severe case of denial. The whole "only good players can play the Marauder really really good" bit is just a joke at this point. The class is not hard to play and even sub par players can see great success with the class. A friend of mine with severe injuries to his hands plays a Sentinel and appears to do very well but on his Scoundrel he's just really bad and always has been. In WoW he played a Druid and was "a great healer" but on a Priest he was just bad. Anyways, I for one don't see a need to nerf the Sentinel/Marauder or the Assassin/Shadow (which are imba as well IMO) or any other class, just bring all the other classes up to their level. Of course that would make all you "skilled" Marauder players cry a river, God forbid things get difficult, right? I can see it now: "OMG I bled my own blood!"

Sentinel and Marauder players are suffering from a severe case of denial. The whole "only good players can play the Marauder really really good" bit is just a joke at this point. The class is not hard to play and even sub par players can see great success with the class. A friend of mine with severe injuries to his hands plays a Sentinel and appears to do very well but on his Scoundrel he's just really bad and always has been. In WoW he played a Druid and was "a great healer" but on a Priest he was just bad. Anyways, I for one don't see a need to nerf the Sentinel/Marauder or the Assassin/Shadow (which are imba as well IMO) or any other class, just bring all the other classes up to their level. Of course that would make all you "skilled" Marauder players cry a river, God forbid things get difficult, right? I can see it now: "OMG I bled my own blood!"

You know my fathers cousins brothers sisters nephews former roommate can play a trooper and he doesn't even have a brain!!! Just the stem!

Edited by Blloodbane

Then all hard stuns should have the same damage debuff. I mean clearly it's unfair that you can stun me and and blast me down while I have to chase you down while being knocked back after I pop GBTF.

/sarcasm.

Stuns can be countered AFTER they have been cast, and don't have to be countered before. You can CC break a stun, I can't CC break GBTF, resolve stops a stun... resolve doesn't stop GBTF...

Different mechanics stop comparing them.

LOL put 1 marauder and 1 healer against a group of 8 and have them attack the marauder and see how well the healer can keep them up.

Do away with all the other classes stuns then. You get 4 seconds of damage immunity, 100%, maybe more than 4 seconds if the mara's cc break is down.

And marauder stealth is not operative/assassin stealth in any way. **** out with your terrible arguments.

Put 1 mara and 1 healer against a group of 8 and let them attack only the mara, and the mara can last about 20 seconds. Just CC break, GBTF, when its ending drop a force camo and get healed back to full.

Put a DPS Ptech and healer vs a group of 8... Ptech dies in 3 seconds, sorc? 3 seconds, sniper? 6 seconds.

And then you go on about stuns being damage immunity... 1v8 GBTF reduces damage by 99%, 1v8 a 4 second stun reduces damage by about 15%, and can be removed by a CC break. They are not the same thing so stop clutching.

Also nobody is saying that mara stealth is used in the same way as a stealth classes stealth, in some cases it is better some worse.

How can you honestly say that your class does not have FAR more survivability while still in combat then any of the other melee DPS classes.

Stuns can be countered AFTER they have been cast, and don't have to be countered before. You can CC break a stun, I can't CC break GBTF, resolve stops a stun... resolve doesn't stop GBTF...

Different mechanics stop comparing them.

You act like a resolve bar is always full, especially for Mara sents, I cant count how many times I been stun locked and died.

Except he was telling the truth and not being sarcastic.

Ok w/e, I don't think the full story is truth, lots creative embellishment IMHO, he makes sound like he face rolls a Mara, which is not true.. Besides how do you know he's telling the truth?

Edited by Blloodbane

Put 1 mara and 1 healer against a group of 8 and let them attack only the mara, and the mara can last about 20 seconds. Just CC break, GBTF, when its ending drop a force camo and get healed back to full.

Put a DPS Ptech and healer vs a group of 8... Ptech dies in 3 seconds, sorc? 3 seconds, sniper? 6 seconds.

And then you go on about stuns being damage immunity... 1v8 GBTF reduces damage by 99%, 1v8 a 4 second stun reduces damage by about 15%, and can be removed by a CC break. They are not the same thing so stop clutching.

Also nobody is saying that mara stealth is used in the same way as a stealth classes stealth, in some cases it is better some worse.

How can you honestly say that your class does not have FAR more survivability while still in combat then any of the other melee DPS classes.

How can I say it?

Because I have seen loan assassins take on 6 people kill one and live, I seen a vanguard with one healer kill 3 people in a row . I have seen a guardian and scoundrel take on people and last for 20 secs till their friends respawn and came to help, I seen a great deal of many combinations of duo that kicked tail.

How can I say it?

Because I have seen loan assassins take on 6 people kill one and live, I seen a vanguard with one healer kill 3 people in a row . I have seen a guardian and scoundrel take on people and last for 20 secs till their friends respawn and came to help, I seen a great deal of many combinations of duo that kicked tail.

If you saw an Assassin get away from 6 people all DPSing him, you saw the six worst players in SWTOR.

[Edit: They could have also been AFK, I suppose.]

Edited by ItGetsAllOver

If you saw an Assassin get away from 6 people all DPSing him, you saw the six worst players in SWTOR.

[Edit: They could have also been AFK, I suppose.]

Oh just like the poster that said a Mara and a healer and can live for 20 seconds are the best players. LOL ok

:rolleyes:

I have seen some amazing assassins.

Edited by Blloodbane

99% damage reduction is not complete damage immunity. Educating yourself is the most valuable thing you can do currently. Since 1.2 i don't feel i'm killing any faster or dying any faster. You guys talk about damage being up by there is less healers in war zones since 2 out of 3 of them got nerfed, maybe that's why TTK is up? Because there's actually more people out there doing damage.

This is fact.

I am not killing things any faster now than I was 1.2 and I am not living any longer either.

Marauders/Sentinels have one of the highest skill barriers to play and they don't really dish out that much damage for one of the only 2 classes in the game that can only spec DPS.

Maybe when you fight them you should stop trying to burn them down during Undying Rage and CC them for 5 seconds.

When I fight another Mara/Sent and they pop Undying I choke them or Roar them and then kill them when it wears off... easy.

They are not OP. You just don't know how to play against them.

All the crying about 1.2 buffing them too much is BS, I can tell you that the difference between Mara/Sent pre 1.2 and post is negligible.