1.2.1a Patch notes

TJemegency

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

well, I don't even know what item is being talked about and I don't care. With as much time as I've put into crafting and selling thing, grinding dailies and FP's for money I fully support fixing this as soon as possible. Yeah, I could use more money still, I got 8 characters to gear up, I'd rather take the time to do it legit.

There is no economy.

You're right about that, lol. I wonder why that is, the crafting system looks good, in theory. Maybe it is because there aren't enough players per server. I would like to klnow how many people there are on a server, compared to other MMOs, like WoW and LOTRO.

And the fact that Imps & Rebels can't trade isn't good for the economy either, ofcourse.

Well I'm not arguing the importance (Note the OP), rather the time. YES, they will probably bring it back sooner than four hours, but isn't it weird that BW only knows 4 hour increments when it comes to downtimes?

As an IT professional, whenever I book a change control slot, I ensure there is more than enough time to cover something going wrong. As such, I generally book my change controls to cover 12 hour slots without exception.

Weird? No. It's called covering your arse and setting customer expectations. If the servers come up early, the customer is pleased. If you overrun your downtime because you try and please the customer with a short window, the customer squeals like a piggy.

As an IT professional, whenever I book a change control slot, I ensure there is more than enough time to cover something going wrong. As such, I generally book my change controls to cover 12 hour slots without exception.

Weird? No. It's called covering your arse and setting customer expectations. If the servers come up early, the customer is pleased. If you overrun your downtime because you try and please the customer with a short window, the customer squeals like a piggy.

Ive spent four hours patching a couple of machines. I dont know how they do it only 4 hrs. They must have quite a bit of staff on hand and automation setup.

I'm an engineering professional, and I totally agree with you. No matter how much effort you put into making sure everything goes as planned, there is always a chance something will go wrong. Rather than explaining yourself every time something goes wrong, it's always better to apply a safe buffer. Furthermore, with global deployments, use of a CDN is popular. It's ideal to always give your CDN a few hours to propagate through it's cache, and your QA staff enough time to run their automation scripts to ensure the go-live will be smooth.

Ive spent four hours patching a couple of machines. I dont know how they do it only 4 hrs. They must have quite a bit of staff on hand and automation setup.

The servers are very resilient from what I've seen. And excluding MAJOR fixes can host an unpatched client with very little hiccuping.

I accidentally forgot to reload between 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 deployment... Played for 6 hours before closing and then having to patch and going HOLY CRAP. WHAT DID I JUST DO?!

I think fixing all the broken sound they introduced with 1.2 should take priority over fixing an economy no one really cares about (because it's, on a practical level, something most players can completely ignore without detriment). I'm not being sarcastic by the way. I've used the GTN maybe three times. And two of those times were in beta.

Getting tired of randomly having my sound degrade, and then watching my fps plummet, and then having to restart the client to fix it.

Edited by revial

I think fixing all the broken sound they introduced with 1.2 should take priority over fixing an economy no one really cares about (because it's, on a practical level, something most players can completely ignore without detriment). I'm not being sarcastic by the way. I've used the GTN maybe three times. And two of those times were in beta.

Getting tired of randomly having my sound degrade, and then watching my fps plummet, and then having to restart the client to fix it.

Yep cause it is all about you right? :)

You realize this was probably done because people were selling access to their ships so people could use their repair droids to buy the sensor units for the protocol droids. So instead of removing essentially 1.6 million credits per set of sensors sold...they are only removing 600k and the person who bought the droid is making the profit.

You realize this was probably done because people were selling access to their ships so people could use their repair droids to buy the sensor units for the protocol droids. So instead of removing essentially 1.6 million credits per set of sensors sold...they are only removing 600k and the person who bought the droid is making the profit.

Wrong.

Tonight they are implementing:

-Cross server Q's

-Rated WZ's

-Nerfing Sentinel/Maura smash dmg by 12% increasing CD by 2 seconds

-Buffing expertise affect on healing by approximately 7%

-Ilum will now have boxes containing WZ commedations scattered at each node. they will be sizing Illum down considerably making it half its current size. also when you kill players in open world pvp you are now able to loot the bodies to get warzone commedations.

-a designated dueling area in each fleet.

-They officially stated that Meenos is #1

Thing is... there is really no economy to destroy in this game.. :)

Of course there is, and even if you don't currently take part in it you will be effected sooner or later. If the economy is flooded with billions of credits it wouldn't take long for the items for sale on the GTN to cost ridiculous amounts. Once items start costing 10x what they do now, the prices of Legacy perks, which everyone is currently complaining about, and any other items Bioware puts on a vendor will become trivial. Once that happens, Bioware has to make any future items and Legacy perks even more ridiculously high priced and the cycle keeps going. Eventually the cost for a new player to purchase anything because almost impossible and they either quit or resort to buying it with real money. This kind of thing will happen eventually on it's own, but exploits like these will hasten it up considerable and damage the long term viability of the game.

I think fixing all the broken sound they introduced with 1.2 should take priority over fixing an economy no one really cares about (because it's, on a practical level, something most players can completely ignore without detriment).

The economy is WAY more important for this game in the long term that any sound issues you are currently having. To even compare the two is asinine and extremely short sighted.

Of course there is, and even if you don't currently take part in it you will be effected sooner or later. If the economy is flooded with billions of credits it wouldn't take long for the items for sale on the GTN to cost ridiculous amounts. Once items start costing 10x what they do now, the prices of Legacy perks, which everyone is currently complaining about, and any other items Bioware puts on a vendor will become trivial. Once that happens, Bioware has to make any future items and Legacy perks even more ridiculously high priced and the cycle keeps going. Eventually the cost for a new player to purchase anything because almost impossible and they either quit or resort to buying it with real money. This kind of thing will happen eventually on it's own, but exploits like these will hasten it up considerable and damage the long term viability of the game.

The economy is WAY more important for this game in the long term that any sound issues you are currently having. To even compare the two is asinine and extremely short sighted.

I was dead serious in my previous post. I don't use the GTN, and don't know many people who do. On my server, where there's 150+ people on Fleet at any given moment, you'll see maybe five people at the GTN. The game simply does not cultivate a player economy, at all. The only people who partake are the ones who do so because they simply want to, not because there's any driving purpose to do so. I'm fairly confident, based on my many years of cynicism, that when talking about a number of people doing something because they want to, and not because they're driven to do so by game mechanics, that that number is going to be pretty small.

If there was a real player economy, do you think Legacy would have been designed to just be a lot of huge credit sinks? Really think about that for a moment.

On the flip side, every single person I know in game has had sound issues since 1.2 (all jokes aside, that number is far more than the five people I see at any given time at the GTN on Fleet). Which is why I think it's far more important to fix. /shrug

Edited by revial

Cross faction trading imo messes up the economy. I seen it already and people are making millions doing so. I seen price difference on mats ranging from being sold for 10k to 100k on the other faction. A universal system for both factions will set up pricing.

I disagree, since 1.2 the economy in the game has made a lot of progresses. If you don't use the GTN it's your fault.

I know for certain that i go to the GTN at least 2 times a day and spend at least half an hour on it every time.

I know that i made millions of creds with it and that every day i have 30-40 mails of item sales with 4k -25k in each,

and all this on the republic side on a server severely more populated by imps.

What the faecal matter?!

That's the ONLY thing you fixed in an emergency patch?

What about the smart camera not working since 1.2?

What about the companion bugs?

What about the frequent crashes some people are having?

What about schematic problems?

What about the many sound issues that have not been fixed?

And the fact that the Rakghoul plague was still being passed from player to player!

Seriously devs. Sort this out.

Edited by llesna