Nerf bat coming with tomorrow emergency update?

Fearyn

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I put the probability at 32.3333% (repeating, of course).

Thousands of posts and arguments have been put forward on how and why Sith Marauders and Jedi Sentinels are overpowered so it's only a logical approach for the developers to nerf the said classes, The Nerf Bat must hit them sooner and not later or else SWTOR will lose subscriptions which in turn would cause them to lose money,

Just fixing/nerfing a class can wait until tuesday. They better be fixing things like the sound bugs and the companion equipment bugs - those things are game breaking for far more players and make them look very bad during their weekend trials...

Somebody is overly optimistic. I would wager tomorrow is a stability patch.

Stability issues are not as pervasive or making people quit SWTOR en mass at the moment. I think it's the class balance issues.

Edited by Fearyn

Stability issues are not as pervasive or making people quit SWTOR en mass at the moment. I think it's the class balance issues.

I don't think class balance is the major reason for people leaving. Class balance leads to fotm. Crashing, bugs, glitches, and boredom cause subs to fall. Coincidentally, they are usually emergency fixes.

Just fixing/nerfing a class can wait until tuesday. They better be fixing things like the sound bugs and the companion equipment bugs - those things are game breaking for far more players and make them look very bad during their weekend trials...

This. The sound bugs are extremely noticeable and annoying. They make a very bad first impression on someone.

I don't think class balance is the major reason for people leaving. Class balance leads to fotm. Crashing, bugs, glitches, and boredom cause subs to fall. Coincidentally, they are usually emergency fixes.

No class imbalance and pvp premades are what's causing players to leave, along with all the other things you've mentioned: Crashing, bugs, glitches, and boredom

If this emergency patch is for weekend pass players then YES, fix that annoying sound bug.

However, in about a week or two, Tera and D3 are launching. In about a month, I would guess GW2 is launching. If they hope to retain their 1.3 million subscriber base, then this emergency patch might very well be to fix class balance.

Thousands of posts and arguments have been put forward on how and why Sith Marauders and Jedi Sentinels are overpowered so it's only a logical approach for the developers to nerf the said classes, The Nerf Bat must hit them sooner and not later or else SWTOR will lose subscriptions which in turn would cause them to lose money,

Tankassins and Powertechs are just as OP, why are Marauders getting all the focus? All three of those specs/ACs needs major nerfs.

I doubt it. Past behavior is prelude to future behavior. BW's unmitigated arrogance regarding almost everything to do with 1.2 tells me that there's no re-balancing coming at all in the near future. They either truly believe they got it right OR will force us to live with it just out of spite while they work on things that have more to do with marketing the game than enhancing the experience for people already playing.

Baseless arguments.

If this emergency patch is for weekend pass players then YES, fix that annoying sound bug.

However, in about a week or two, Tera and D3 are launching. In about a month, I would guess GW2 is launching. If they hope to retain their 1.3 million subscriber base, then this emergency patch might very well be to fix class balance.

D3 doesn't worry me. Pretty sure I read that they dropped pvp in it at launch. It also doesn't qualify as an MMO to me. Tera and GW2 are more troubling sure, bright and shiny new games always are. Knee-jerk changes are bad though.

BW claims that mara/sent damage is where they want it metric wise. They said they are looking at data and working on scaling of buffs and focus fire. Either relax and play what ya got while you wait for the next round of buffs/nerfs, or dont. If ya don't like the game and the way its being handled, leave. Plenty of other games out, but since they all have balance issues I can only wish ya luck.

Tankassins and Powertechs are just as OP, why are Marauders getting all the focus? All three of those specs/ACs needs major nerfs.

But not to the extent and severity of how overpowered the Sith Marauder and Jedi Sentinel classes are, a Tankassin may be hard to kill but he doesn't dish out as much damage as a Sentinel while retaining the survibability of a tankassin, a Powertech may deal large damage but doesn't have the toughness of a Tankassin while a Sith Marauder/Jedi Sentinel could match a Powertech's dps and have the toughness and survivability of a Tankassin, so basically a marauder/sentinel have the best of both worlds in a single class which is unfair.

Don't worry pvp will be dumbed down to the four fingered weekend warrior's level. They pay the same they have the right to have fun, can't blame them.

What's your proof that sents/maras need a nerf? All I see is prior fotms whining that they can die now. In lvl 50 pvp I don't see sents doing anything special on the meters or objectives.

It's funny how many posts there are about Mare/Sents. I have a Lev 50 Sent at Valor 70 and the only people I can kill quick are the ones that just sit on their hands and let me MS them to death. The real players move away, push me back and then I'm chasing them while they are healing up again. And if there buddies show up to help like their supposed to, I'm hitting camo and running with my tail between my legs. Some people just want to sit on their hands and really don't play right, then complain because they actually have to do something to live. Hilarious! Nerf bat, don't think so!

Edited by hankart
typo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.