The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The number of Marauders and Sentinals is hurting the game.

Scerge

There is simply too many of them, they are the biggest flavour of the month now and everyone is deciding to reroll one.

I was on my trooper earlier (healer) and you cant even outheal the damage of a marauder with the 50% minus healing debuff from trauma (Trauma is 30%) and the mara ability which reduces healing by 20%.

On top of that they have HUGE damage, utility and ways to reach a target.

I propose their damage should be reduced by 20% and have force leap removed and make their 99% dmg reduction down to around 30%. (99% is just overpowered and don't know it got to live)

That should put them back on par with other classes and hopefully stop them damaging warzones.

Edited by Scerge

There is simply too many of them, they are the biggest flavour of the month now and everyone is deciding to reroll one.

I was on my trooper earlier (healer) and you cant even outheal the damage of a marauder with the 50% minus healing debuff from trauma and the mara ability which reduces healing by 20%.

I propose their damage should be reduced by 20% and have force leap removed and make their 99% dmg reduction down to around 30%.

That should put them back on par with other classes and hopefully stop them damaging warzones.

I was on my trooper earlier (healer) and you cant even outheal the damage of a marauder with the 50% minus healing debuff from trauma and the mara ability which reduces healing by 20%.

I propose their damage should be reduced by 20% and have force leap removed and make their 99% dmg reduction down to around 30%. (99% is just overpowered and don't know it got to live)

I was going to offer an explanation why you personal experience is misleading you, but you claim to be a healer and believe trauma is 50 percent, so I have a feeling that speaks for this thread enough.

In a game with:

-A million stuns.

-An equally ridiculous number of physics effects.

-Tanks that can guard and taunt against players.

-Powerful ranged classes.

-Potent healing classes.

...you are complaining about a melee-only, low-utility class having good damage?

Really?

Seriously?

Perhaps you should expect to have to do more in PvP than spam your "1" and "2" keys to victory. Maybe you should learn to kite. Possibly you should stay near a tank or healer. Perhaps you should have your team focus-fire the melee-only, low utility classes whenever they come within range.

Your complains do little than display your lack of a desire to learn to play better.

Seeeee this is the same person as the OP acting like they are new to the forums...

04.24.2012, 11:39 PM

Replies: 16

Keyturning Sentinal topping damage meters

Views: 581

Posted By Scerge

Keyturning Sentinal topping damage meters

I was playing on my jedi shadow just now and there was a level 36 sentinal who was keyturning and had really slow reactions and he finished the game on around 300k damage.

For example a player...

its the SAME people QQ'ing and not even playing post 50...

Edited by Blloodbane

If you're finding yourself 1 on 1 with a marauder and unable to get away, you deserve to have your face smashed in. Only one of our trees has more than 1 root, and every class has just 1 cc breaker. If you're foolish enough to blast our resolve bar to 2k+ trying to chain stun us then can't figure out why your other stuns/kb's aren't working then that's a definite player problem, not a class issue.

I propose more of a 35-45% damage reduction, force leap should stay as it is their innate skill, and their 99% shield reduction be trimmed to 50%

Edited by celebrei

TBH, there aren't that many classes to choose from either. So instead of all sage/sorc and trooper/bh warzones they are all sent/mara and shadow/sins warzones. Nothing has really changed in the grand scheme, everyone is still the same class

TBH, there aren't that many classes to choose from either. So instead of all sage/sorc and trooper/bh warzones they are all sent/mara and shadow/sins warzones. Nothing has really changed in the grand scheme, everyone is still the same class

Except for the other class nerfs and the unnecessary Marauder/Sentinel buffs.

I'm really not sure where the OP is coming from. Not only am I usually the only marauder on my side in a wz, but there are rarely more than two (and I look every game to avoid overlapping initial predations). Hell, I see significantly more juggs around than marauders.

I was on my trooper earlier (healer) and you cant even outheal the damage of a marauder with the 50% minus healing debuff from trauma (Trauma is 30%) and the mara ability which reduces healing by 20%.

I propose that you are full of all sorts of cow excrement. L2P. I haven't seen any significantly greater number of them than there was before.

I've played every class (And wanted to play Mara) since I started in the early access but seeing as they are now overpowered I won't dare touch them.

Rather stick with the classes which still have a IQ limit.

I've played every class (And wanted to play Mara) since I started in the early access but seeing as they are now overpowered I won't dare touch them.

Yawn

So now you have to stoop to insults ??? and you discuss IQ? LOL

I'm really not sure where the OP is coming from. Not only am I usually the only marauder on my side in a wz, but there are rarely more than two (and I look every game to avoid overlapping initial predations). Hell, I see significantly more juggs around than marauders.

what server you are playing on? i wanna move there!

Ive not encountered any real difference in mara/sent numbers on my server either. They have been popular enough on my server that most games had 2 or 3 of em on either side. Ive seen less operatives and sorcs of late, but an increased number of snipers. Different servers have different compositions, but its more fun to say class X is the only class on the server.

So that would be DPS Sorc or BH? One buttoning your way to victory? I've seen the people who think playing a Sent/Mara is faceroll, they're terrible and easy as hell to kill.

what server you are playing on? i wanna move there!

Jedi Covenent is still the same... I knew most of the Mara's pre 1.2 I think I seen 2 new, maybe 3 Mara's in the last 3 weeks. Repub side still comes in heavy healing... their standard make up seems to be 2 Sages, 3 commandos, 1 or 2 smugglers and 1 or 2 melee...

i agree with this, initially after 1.2 i definitely saw a higher number of maras when looking at fleet composition (which for whatever reason i do quite often)

however in the last week or so it has dropped off a lot to the point where they are heading back more to a minority class presence. Also there are more ops but imo very very few snipers still (which could account for the recent buffs as bioware tries ot herd players into rolling them)

what i see a lot of in warzones are sins and sorcs. Also yes in a wz i am more likely to see a jugg than a mara.