EA Buyout - Blessing in disguise

VoXPCS

"Japanese online game company Nexon reportedly contacted Electronic Arts (EA) about making an offer, according to Bloomberg, citing a South Korean newspaper."

Some solid journalism right there.

edit: that quote is the entire article, btw.

Edited by Andymantium

"Japanese online game company Nexon reportedly contacted Electronic Arts (EA) about making an offer, according to Bloomberg, citing a South Korean newspaper."

Some solid journalism right there.

don't forget they misspelled 'Offfer' in the title.

There isn't a whole lot of info in either article you linked. In fact I wouldn't call either of those links articles. No citation is given, and no statements available from either company. It sounds like a rumor at this point, but no one wants to put their name on it.

I'll wait till more is available on this possible buyout before I believe it will actually happen.

Also, what blessing do you see this being? You didn't mention how this is supposed to be a good thing, but I’m interested in hearing your opinion.

The bigger question is ...

Why are you so concerned with EA and who might buy them out? Are you a shareholder or an employee? If not, then what's the big deal? Why in the hell is this on the SWTOR forums? Go post this crap on some EA website or something ...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/nexon-said-offfer-electronic-arts-122914521.html

http://money.cnn.com/video/markets/2012/04/26/mkts-bz-ea.cnnmoney/?iid=HP_LN

This will course correct EA's ignorance. Go Japan!

While you're at it, buy SOE (The destroyer of worlds)

Woo Hoo!! Cause we all know the Asian game companies make the best games....

Oh wait a minute... they don't. They make completely crappy farm-fests where 90% of the characters look like Sailor Moon adolescent **** or Pokemon fuzzballs.

Why are you so concerned with EA and who might buy them out? Are you a shareholder or an employee? If not, then what's the big deal? Why in the hell is this on the SWTOR forums? Go post this crap on some EA website or something ...

EA owns Bioware.

Bioware owns TOR.

EA owns TOR.

If a company bought EA, they'd end up owning all their subsidiaries and properties, including Bioware and TOR.

Ergo yes, if true, it WOULD influence this game.

Cannot wait until all the character costumes are replaced with school girl outfits and the character models are all androgynous unless they're female, at which point they either look 10 or have massive GGG size *****.

KEEP YOUR JAPAN OUT OF MY STAR WARS!

This will course correct EA's ignorance. Go Japan!

Besides making more titles available in Japan, potentially moving jobs and/or delaying titles to the US market I really fail to see how this is going to course correct anything.

Cannot wait until all the character costumes are replaced with school girl outfits and the character models are all androgynous unless they're female, at which point they either look 10 or have massive GGG size *****.

KEEP YOUR JAPAN OUT OF MY STAR WARS!

Considering the Jedi are basically Space Samurai....... too late.

..because they hope the company buying them out might have better business models that lead to better quality games? So that maybe games like TOR don't get pushed out the door 4 months too early?

Ok, about this:

1. I read the offer was declined, or unlikely. So it probably won't happen.

2. People complain that EA's greedy now? Have you PLAYED a Nexxon game? Whole thing's asking for more money every thirty seconds. Hell, in Vindictus, you have to pay money to even play the game after a certain point. Imagine running one heroic mission or three normal missions a day, period, unless you fork over more cash.

3. My hope of actually buying more character slots on my server would come true - however, each slot would cost me roughly $30 USD.

Greetings!

We ask that threads made in General Discussion center on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. Since this thread is not specifically about the game, we're closing it for being off-topic. Thanks for understanding!