Discussion Regarding April 27th, 2012 Maintenance

fushnchips

well us players that either can only get on at night or are overseas get ****ed once again.I think this game has run its course with me and i refuse to pay for a game i might be able to play a few nights out of the week.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok last time I checked..... 2:47am is not 3:00am. Thanks for shutting down the servers for no warning....

I was on and there was warning... at 30, 15, 10, 5 minutes and so on like they do every single time

Edited by Liquidacid

Every week 2 times a week at peak times we are losing 4hours of play and bioware can't even put a note what maintenance is required they are just lazy they know why the servers are going down now why can't they tell us before the work is done because we are all paying to play and when they do this on a Friday night when lots of people are off work it sucks.

why u think EA give u free 30 days?

that's one of those reasons.

I'm getting too annoyed because its always the same time two or more times a week which happens to be 10 minutes or so after I get home and I am finally able to play. I took all day yesterday off of work just because I've come to expect getting screwed tonight. For gods sake cant we at least do space missions or crafting offline or something to pass the time.

Any votes for offline crafting, space missions ?

just sick of the servers go off line right when i get home

2 times a week now for weeks

i know we need fixes so stuff runs smooth but

come on change the time around some so this does not effect

the same group of players every patch/ maintenance fix

:csw_jabbapet:

Well that does it. Was heading home this afternoon from work for a nice relaxing afternoon of SWTOR instead I am going to go via EB games grab myself a pre order copy GW2.

FYI BioWare I have no problems with you making Tuesday maintenance at 5pm AEST right when I get home but all this extra maintenance is effectively leaving me very little time to play. I said this last week too but enough is enough surely the patch can wait until Tuesday. I can't be bothered going back to wow was really hoping really really hoping SWTOR was my new MMO home I just lover the story line but its useless to me if I cant bloody play. Never mind fingers crossed GW2 will do it better.

I don't get it... Euopean players whining that they shut the servers down on peak hour.... Im for Europe (CEST) and they shut the server down 9 in the morning. Peak hour ins't untill another 12 hours, atleast on my server :confused:

i wish people would read :(

the people who are complaining its peak time are our ozzie friends, its their early evening there.

Yep, aussie here in the same boat. Im done..... love the game for the 15 hours I could play it, but this maintenance schedule has decided for me.

Im a sys admin, I work on servers all day, if my applications had outages like this i'd be fired!

So I guess whats what im doing with swtor.....

Its not me, its you........ *account cancelled*

My first post on the Forums since early Access and it is gonna be a moan :(. This is BS Maintenance regularly twice a week, coz BW cant get it right on the Official Maintenance day, taking away alot of peoples game time that we pay.

What the hell, yes they have a right to pull the servers offline if their is something they think they need to fix, but regularly is wrong. To those that can't see a problem in this is purely coz you are nicely tucked up in bed or at work so it never affects you, but there are loads of people that are not working during these hours and expect to get some game time in, there is a bigger world outside your window.

Come on BW sort your lives out this is not on.

I'm located in central time ( -06:00 hours ) and I find the maintenance to be pretty inconvenient, too. I usually log in pretty late at night, and this usually cuts my playtime... I have no complaints, but I won't resub a game that I am not playing, and this maintenance is redirecting my gaming to other games.

I'm really hoping this is an incredibly unusual pattern, because if they keep jabbing their brand new playerbase with maintenance, they're going to get the wrong impression and not resubscribe.

Does it not seem kind of poor choice to invite players in on a free weekend, and then have 2+ maintenance nights a week the following month? Doesn't lend much credibility to a group of people you need to impress.

not to worry they are trying to remove as many people from the game as they can and downsize the production. isnt that what ea does? makes thier money off the initial effort, then sells out? they must have thrown some money gw2 way. thats where all my login time will be going this weekend. Edited by silky_soft_

i wish people would read :(

the people who are complaining its peak time are our ozzie friends, its their early evening there.

you should take your own advice... there have been Europeans complaining about patch time during their "peak time" since release... even when you go ahead and explain to them what peak time is and how the patch is not occurring at it for them they ignore you and make another thread about it

don't just try and blame it all on the aussies... hell at that time they were red zone so didn't even get a say

It's obvious that it's not exactly a critical patch. Why the heck couldn't it wait until next scheduled maintenance? I guess this is why we are getting incentives like 30 days free. If it wasn't for things like that I'd be gone.

So far in the last 2 weeks every day I actually get a bit of time to have a good session they bring the servers down for some sort of maintenance. I can't even play ME3 while I wait because of the crap stability of the EA servers and constantly getting disconnected, from the EA servers and not the host.

I guess I'll just play a bit of Hellgate: London with the SP Revival mod.

Edited by Palathas

Agreed. There's no reason they can't have separate down times by the regions. In fact, that they DON'T do this is very amateurish and shows a misunderstanding of their product and customer base.

Ohhhh boyyyy...... U DON'T know a damn thing about programming or the back end here....

WE ALL USE THE SAME PATCH SERVERS AND HAVE TO BE RUNNING THE SAME CLIENT VERSION WHICH MEANS IT ALL HAS TO BE DONE AT ONCE. Holy shyte!!

It's pretty fllippin simple! Eh?!?

you should take your own advice... there have been Europeans complaining about patch time during their "peak time" since release... even when you go ahead and explain to them what peak time is and how the patch is not occurring at it for them they ignore you and make another thread about it

don't just try and blame it all on the aussies... hell at that time they were red zone so didn't even get a say

i am not "blaming it on the ausiies" i agree with them it's rubbish to have your down time in the middle of prak time.

But i have not seen any european with half a brain cell complain that its peak time for us ?

Yep, aussie here in the same boat. Im done..... love the game for the 15 hours I could play it, but this maintenance schedule has decided for me.

Im a sys admin, I work on servers all day, if my applications had outages like this i'd be fired!

So I guess whats what im doing with swtor.....

Its not me, its you........ *account cancelled*

you played for only 15 hours and you are quitting over some downtime, every mmo i have ever played had maintenance atleast once a week.

Bioware gave us servers in Asia/pacific for better performance and still not enough for some people.

i resubbed cause i love the game and has heaps of potential.

:)

Ohhhh boyyyy...... U DON'T know a damn thing about programming or the back end here....

WE ALL USE THE SAME PATCH SERVERS AND HAVE TO BE RUNNING THE SAME CLIENT VERSION WHICH MEANS IT ALL HAS TO BE DONE AT ONCE. Holy shyte!!

It's pretty fllippin simple! Eh?!?

Unless they implement cross server PVP or LFG ques there is no reason they cant segregate the servers and split the patch times. If the competition can do it, its possible.

Probably fixing stuff like the sound in WZ's going ballistic and what not.

If this has already been mentioned, my apologies, I can't really be bothered reading 100 posts that are the same QQ posts we get every time the servers are down.

But i have not seen any european with half a brain cell complain that its peak time for us ?

i dont care if its peak time or not for us simple fact is at this rate im losing 8 days a month to maintenance so im paying for 4 week approx and getting 3 so getting ripped off :mad:

Probably fixing stuff like the sound in WZ's going ballistic and what not.

If this has already been mentioned, my apologies, I can't really be bothered reading 100 posts that are the same QQ posts we get every time the servers are down.

its mostly complaining that it will most likely be a fix that could of waited till Tuesday when everyone expects and plans for this downtime.

you played for only 15 hours and you are quitting over some downtime, every mmo i have ever played had maintenance atleast once a week.

Bioware gave us servers in Asia/pacific for better performance and still not enough for some people.

i resubbed cause i love the game and has heaps of potential.

:)

That was sarcasm buddy, but the cancelling of account is not. Im not saying this game isnt awesome, I really do enjoy it. But come on, even you have to agree two nights a week in our peak times is not acceptable.

First point to mention is that 2am for the yanks is not 2am for the rest of the world. This is why people find patching out of the regular time a problem. I'm in the UK and at work so I don't really care too much right now, but if I lived in East and was looking forward to that one time a week I have a chance to get online without work/wife/kids disrupting me and I found the server was down for unscheduled maintenance I'd be a little upset. The ONLY way to address this problem is to split maintenance times and do one server group at a time. They already have two server groups for patching - live and test - so the client can do it and it would allow them to roll out patches to one server group and have a few hours to assess impact before starting the next group. There is no down side.

They've got better though, they've stopped calling these 'scheduled maintenance' and opted for the more true 'unscheduled' tag . Now the question left is whether the maintenance is urgently required or could have waited until Tuesday. If they're going to fix an issue that stops more than 5% of the gamers from playing properly (like repeated crash to desktop - and I don't know how many people get this) then I'd say it's worth it. If they're fixing a nasty little exploit that people are using to cheat in PvP then fair enough. We won't know if it's worth it until after the maintenance when we read the logs. Even then the logs may not reveal the severity of the issues that are addressed.