So, when is this mara/sent nerf coming then?

Bloodtau

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

funny how everyone now fears maras/sents when a few months ago nobody wanted them. and ppl always said they sucked. they havnt changed much master strike buff and dispatch at 30%(so its like everyone else)

No they haven't changed much, but all other classes have been nerfed into the ground.

Bottom line is players who have marauders have been used to playing a super squishy class since the start and now that everyone is a bit more squishy the whining has increased... sorry to rain on the parade but the better player always wins regardless of class perhaps more time playing and less time crying on forums would serve everyone quite well

I think BW need to decide whether maras/sents keep either the dps or the survivability. One or the other would be understandable, or even a balanced mix of the two. At the moment it's laughable handfeeding of bad players. Good players will still shine if the class is rebalanced. Edited by Diddley

This is going to sound like a troll post but here goes.

Learn to play your class. Learn how marauders fight.

1. Marauders are squishy and take damage almost as fast as they deal it.

2. hit them hard and fast as you can. (or CC and run, skip #3)

3. wait for the marauder to use their defensive CD before you CC them. you will know by the glowing aura around them and that they take like 2 damage per hit.

If you run LOS them so they cant charge you and get right back into melee again.

Taunts work RELLY well on marauders.

SLOWS work really well on marauders.

Play smarter not dead-er.

Edited by EchoTwoOmega

I think BW need to decide whether maras/sents keep either the dps or the survivability. One or the other would be understandable, or even a balanced mix of the two. At the moment it's laughable handfeeding of bad players. Good players will still shine if the class is rebalanced.

Good players already do. 90% of Mara/Sent players are awful, it's been that way since launch. It's so easy for me, as someone who has played the class since beta, to tell who rerolled for FOTM. It's the fact that 99% of the "PvPers" in this game are incredibly awful combined with everything else being nerfed into the ground that makes them seem god mode.

Good players already do. 90% of Mara/Sent players are awful, it's been that way since launch. It's so easy for me, as someone who has played the class since beta, to tell who rerolled for FOTM. It's the fact that 99% of the "PvPers" in this game are incredibly awful combined with everything else being nerfed into the ground that makes them seem god mode.

So you're saying they're OP? Gotcha.

Edited by Diddley

So you're saying they're OP? Gotcha.

Not at all, I'm saying 90% of people are bad, unwilling to admit it, and unwilling to work to get better. Sure it might seem OP if you don't know anything about the class (guessing you're in that 90% bud) and everything else has been nerfed/changed so that people can't do the same things they did pre 1.2, but the good players have adapted and moved on. None of the QQ threads on this forum, not a single one since launch, have been made by quality players.

soon.

with this much community outrage it's just a matter of time and we know this based on this history of nerfs already. Ask sorcs and operatives

community outrage, you mean the 20 or so people that repost the same thing about nerf X and Nerf Y?

Not at all, I'm saying 90% of people are bad, unwilling to admit it, and unwilling to work to get better. Sure it might seem OP if you don't know anything about the class (guessing you're in that 90% bud) and everything else has been nerfed/changed so that people can't do the same things they did pre 1.2, but the good players have adapted and moved on. None of the QQ threads on this forum, not a single one since launch, have been made by quality players.

Yeah, it's like, me and the rest of the 90% suddenly forgot how to win against marauders and became bads, and like, every marauder suddenly got really really good. They got like, so good that most of us bads actually rerolled to marauders and then got really really good too. It's basically a learn 2 play issue at the end of the day. Imbalance in mmo's doesn't, hasn't and will never happen.

Edited by Diddley

Yeah, it's like, me and the rest of the 90% suddenly forgot how to win against marauders and became bads, and like, every marauder suddenly got really really good. They got like, so good that most of us bads actually rerolled to marauders and then got really really good too. It's basically a learn 2 play issue at the end of the day. Imbalance in mmo's doesn't, hasn't and will never happen.

You and the rest of the 90% never knew how to beat a good player, hence why SWTOR's pvp community is a joke except for that last 5% (the other 5% is average, not great but decent). Yes, it is a l2p issue, the good players in my guild and on my server prove so every day.

I think BW need to decide whether maras/sents keep either the dps or the survivability. One or the other would be understandable, or even a balanced mix of the two. At the moment it's laughable handfeeding of bad players. Good players will still shine if the class is rebalanced.

This post only shows how little you actually know about the class. Marauders are, believe it or not, super squishy. Their dps is tied to those defensive CD's. You take away one, then you lose the other. Yes, while the CD's are strong, they can also be easily countered by someone who knows what they are doing. There are a lot of good players out there who can shut down marauders. The fact that you can't do it doesn't mean marauders are OP, it just means you don't know what you are doing.