The end of the arguement. Is SWTOR in decline? Can it be saved?

Sheff

WoW was a focus group game, like all Blizzard products. They make games for non-gamers. They copy existing successes and dumb them down for the mass market. That's their thing and they are very good at it. WoW was an abberation that won't ever happen again, unless of course some company makes a new innovative game concept that is hugely successful and Blizzard can once again copy that and make it hugely successful +1.

Actually Warcraft was derived from Gamesworkshop and was trying to make a Warhammer RTS. Gamesworkshop pulled the plug and voila, blizzard came to be and very much ripped off the name Warhammer with Warcraft.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a nice rig--much nicer than mine! Of course, I get at least 30 FPS in WZs and in PVE raids so yes, you've got something wrong on your end. Is that necessarily your fault? No, you might have to do more with SWTOR to get the performance you should than you have to do with other games. However, blaming BW instead of trying to tweak your system on your own is childish and unproductive..

Why are people keep looping same questions over and over and over and over again?

I'm not gonna repeat my self after this.

If there were any problem with my computer it would have been affected OVERALL. Since SWTOR is only the problem, it's very easy to say it's the game.

And yes, I've tried tweaking, reinstalling everything and tried two different computers.

Stop keep blaming my computer. It is working properly, if not I would have had the same problems at other games aswell.

SWTOR is ruined. (unfortunately)

Bioware is hiding.

Disgusting.

Edited by Samvan

Why are people keep looping same questions over and over and over and over again?

I'm not gonna repeat my self after this.

If there were any problem with my computer it would have been affected OVERALL. Since SWTOR is only the problem, it's very easy to say it's the game.

And yes, I've tried tweaking, reinstalling everything and tried two different computers.

Stop keep blaming my computer. It is working properly, if not I would have had the same problems at other games aswell.

SWTOR is ruined. (unfortunately)

Bioware is hiding.

Disgusting.

And if it was the game, I'd have the same problem, but I don't. Ilum. 24fps at worst. Obviously there's a compatibility issue which means something needs to be done on both sides. Yes, that includes your side.

And if it was the game, I'd have the same problem, but I don't. Ilum. 24fps at worst. Obviously there's a compatibility issue which means something needs to be done on both sides. Yes, that includes your side.

If the system passes minimum specs, or matches or exceeds the recommended specs, what then? At what point do the developers become responsible for the performance of their game?

They develop these games knowing they will be played on a very wide range of systems.

Edited by Dezzi

But please understand that this really makes sense:

If it was my computer, all my programs would have been affected.

But they are not!

Again, I admit that GTX 680's drivers are a bit immature for now.

But I would have noticed that in all games, it really is a mystery why SWTOR would only be affected.

Clearly then SWTOR is not built properly as all other games since that's the only game that's causing trouble.

If the system passes minimum specs, or matches or exceeds the recommended specs, what then? At what point do the developers become responsible for the performance of their game?

They develop these games knowing they will be played on a very wide range of systems.

If you are in a certain area, and are having extreme performance issues, and someone right next to you is not, how is that the game's fault?

Edited by JeramieCrowe

Just because it passes minimum requirements doesn't mean you should try running it with full graphics

Just because it passes minimum requirements doesn't mean you should try running it with full graphics

It's a big leap to assume everyone plays the game at maximum settings--even if they meet the specs. We know there are people who meet the requirements--sometimes exceeding them--yet still manage to have problems running the game.

There is a serious question to be asked when you compare SWTOR's performance to other graphics-intensive MMOs and single-player games.

The good news is they appear to be optimizing the game with each major update. Legacy brought a night and day improvement over the previous client.

Edited by Dezzi

If you are in a certain area, and are having extreme performance issues, and someone right next to you is not, how is that the game's fault?

If you were in ILUM with 50 other people on TS all suffering sub 10 FPS how is that not the game's fault ?

But now I'm quite high above the RECOMMENDED requirements now.

I'm not saying that I'm unable to play with lag etcetera.

I'm saying that with a i5 2500k @ 4.3 Ghz and GTX 680, I expect to have at least 60 fps in Warzones.

My minimum to maximum fps in warzones are somewhat between 30 and 55 if lucky. Which is very strange with the setup I have.

Edited by Samvan

It's a big leap to assume everyone plays the game at maximum settings--even if they meet the specs.

I run this game on a Crosshair Formula IV, 16gigs of ram with an Nvidia 560Ti. I have no issues whatsoever on full settings including antialiasing. According to Samvan I should be getting about 10 fps which I currently do not. Bioware cannot fix stupid, which I am not directing at anyone in particular. Knowing what you are running for a machine and knowing how to optimize running what you have are two different things

Edited by Skidrowbro

The simple answer is this: The game fails to provide optimizations for your unique configuration despite the fact that you meet or exceed the game's minimum or recommended specs.

There is a serious question to be asked when you compare SWTOR's performance to other graphics-intensive MMOs and single-player games..

Ok, compare it to a game such as Rift. Even players with super-uber rigs are getting crap performance out of that game. Mind you, using the warhammer game engine isn't helping

Ok, compare it to a game such as Rift. Even players with super-uber rigs are getting crap performance out of that game. Mind you, using the warhammer game engine isn't helping

So you admit that the game can bear responsibility for poor performance?

Edited by Dezzi

Other day, I patched up Rift with a mind to seeing what was goin' on. I was astounded to find that the game performed horribly for me. I used to be fine in it with high (not ultra or highest, whatever it is) in that game. I have NO idea what happened and haven't had a chance to sit down and try to sort it out. I was almost literally unable to move. Somewhere in all the patches I missed, something changed because nothing changed on my system.

Really puzzling me.

SWTOR runs "okay" on my system. If I get some place where too much is going on...I lag a lot. But, that's my system.

Other day, I patched up Rift with a mind to seeing what was goin' on. I was astounded to find that the game performed horribly for me. I used to be fine in it with high (not ultra or highest, whatever it is) in that game. I have NO idea what happened and haven't had a chance to sit down and try to sort it out. I was almost literally unable to move. Somewhere in all the patches I missed, something changed because nothing changed on my system.

Really puzzling me.

SWTOR runs "okay" on my system. If I get some place where too much is going on...I lag a lot. But, that's my system.

Too much vanity pets running around, that's why :p. Joking aside, the folks at Trion World have no idea what they are doing. Heck their game design has very much sidestepped from their intial idea of the game.

Edited by Skidrowbro

When I was there, too, and saw no less than 24fps? You tell me.

Well, in this case I just don't believe you, the screen froze briefly for everyone each time an objective changed hands. The engine cannot cope within 100+ people on screen at once, there were so many complaints about Ilum performance, not so many now of course ;)

So to keep saying it was ok for me is just head in the sand in the face of everyone else

Too much vanity pets running around, that's why :p. Joking aside, the folks at Trion World have no idea what they are doing. Heck their game design has very much sidestepped from their intial idea of the game.

Shame. I was enjoying myself over there before I got dragged over here. Guess I'll have to rummage on their boards to see if anyone else had this problem. But...not in the near future, too much other stuff going on.

But now I'm quite high above the RECOMMENDED requirements now.

I'm not saying that I'm unable to play with lag etcetera.

I'm saying that with a i5 2500k @ 4.3 Ghz and GTX 680, I expect to have at least 60 fps in Warzones.

My minimum to maximum fps in warzones are somewhat between 30 and 55 if lucky. Which is very strange with the setup I have.

Are you aware that the human eye can't physically distinguish beyond 30 fps?

A movie runs at 24fps.

Shame. I was enjoying myself over there before I got dragged over here. Guess I'll have to rummage on their boards to see if anyone else had this problem. But...not in the near future, too much other stuff going on.

Don't get me wrong, I myself would not recommend Rift to anyone but it makes a really good first timers online game, was about to put MMO :eek:. It tells how to make your class, where to put your talents in and in fact the game itself has been so dumbed down that I think you get healed by mobs now instead of taking damage

Something interesting to think about and discuss...

The first GW2 public beta begins tomorrow afternoon and ends Sunday at midnight. How much do you wanna wager that the team at BioWare will be closely monitoring the effect this will have on the game's playing population?

Granted, any new shiny thing will be a draw, but if there's a considerable portion of the SWTOR base swinging over for just a weekend, it could be indicative of a possible substantial migration come GW2's official launch.

[Removed]

Whether or not SWTOR is in decline, will the launch of new games--like GW2--have a detrimental impact?

Edited by Dezzi