Cons:

None, what else could a class have?

Edited by -Eternal-

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lolpost

This so reminds me of when sorcs came in and desperately tried to convince the community that a nerf was not needed. "Couldn't have said it better myself bro" and "I totally agree with the OP" posts with "MARAUDER" in the signature say it all. The most hilarious was that post yesterday where the guy was literally begging not to be nerfed as a mara because he was enjoying how he destroys people now.

Let's be honest, most who play to win know that melee damage is a tad nuts at the moment and that TTK needs to be toned down. Say what you want, but I think most know the truth.

Pros:

Ridiculous suvivability

Ridiculous damage

Ridiculous DOT's

Self-heals

Multiple distance closing abilities

Snares

Area stun

Area speed

Vanish if all else fails

Cons:

I think someone earlier likened them to a Rogue, Warrior, Paladin, seems valid.

Pros:

Ridiculous suvivability

Ridiculous damage

Ridiculous DOT's

Self-heals

Multiple distance closing abilities

Snares

Area stun

Area speed

Vanish if all else fails

Cons:

Oh my.....**chuckle

lolpost

This so reminds me of when sorcs came in and desperately tried to convince the community that a nerf was not needed. "Couldn't have said it better myself bro" and "I totally agree with the OP" posts with "MARAUDER" in the signature say it all. The most hilarious was that post yesterday where the guy was literally begging not to be nerfed as a mara because he was enjoying how he destroys people now.

Let's be honest, most who play to win know that melee damage is a tad nuts at the moment and that TTK needs to be toned down. Say what you want, but I think most know the truth.

Honestly, some of us knew we were OP and admitted to it (Sorcs wise) but Mara/Sent are in 100% denial they just say its all wrong and BS, I knew as a sorc I had unlimited force as a healer.

Honestly, some of us knew we were OP and admitted to it (Sorcs wise) but Mara/Sent are in 100% denial they just say its all wrong and BS, I knew as a sorc I had unlimited force as a healer.

Way to generalize. Maybe people like me who knew Mara/Sents were way too strong to begin with even before 1.2 don't bother posting/reading these forums because there's no point. It's like reading the same ol' garbage over and over.

Well I have yet to see one thread about Mara being OP of which there are many, in which a Mara or Sent agrees, they constantly say either LTP, QQ etc etc.

So when a bunch of you do the opposite I might understand.

I mean, want to talk about a long 6 seconds? How about when they burn their charge and immediately eat a jet boost, so they're knockbacked and snared. Then while they're coming back to me they eat a 5k homing missile crit.

Wow you blow your charge before any class used their knockback...

And you think you can come over here and tell people what mara are worth and all when you cleary dont know how to play them geez...

Ok ill make it easy for you: never ever use charge to get a jump on a class with knockback run to them use invisibility but never charge then once they knockback bam charge and you win nothing they can do now.

Yeah I have a sorc too, and will gladly admit, that 10 - 49 pvp was a dps face rolling dream. But at 50 they didn't seem to scale as well as other classes. Sub 50 WZ's were always full of players who would allow me to stand uninterrupted and free cast from the rafters in HB and had no concept of how to shut a sorc down. Lvl 50 WZ's on the other hand usually have much more coordination and will render me useless unless I am pulling people to score. Whole different ball game now.

I guess my point was that the verdict was in and that no matter what defense was put up, the nerf bat was coming.

Good luck with that, I just finished a 42 page dissertation for my final year, anyway, like you complained about earlier you presume all Sorc are lightning spec so can handle a mara fine, but you will find a madness spec is the pvp spec of choice or hybrid, and that lightning requires far too much cast time and standing around which vs a mara means interrupts and death.

It's okay I forgive you for missing my quiz.

Even madness spec still has plenty of stuns and knockbacks to deal with a Sentinel. Death Field hurts big time as it heals them a bit, as does the benefit of Parasitism. Oppressing Force is a pain if they spec for it. But what REALLY hurts is Creeping Terror. BOOM an extra root/stun. Drop your Death Field on me, cast Crushing Darkness and I am in bad shape. Sure I can pop my defensive cds/stealth, but those ticking DOTs will get me unless they get purged. I cannot count the number of times I have stealthed away from a sorc with 10% or less health, gone around a corner and then died from the DOTs.

lol this list is hilarious. Tell me which class is good while being chain stunned, while under focus fire, and can hit targets that go into stealth to avoid damage (hint: Mara does this too) . How many classes are effective while slowed or rooted?

If you need Rage, just charge in and use battering assault, that's 8 rage right there. If you use Shi-cho form you can activate Berserk and spam vicious slash for free if you really need something. Or you can use Ravage which doesn't have a Rage cost at all.

What most of you don't get is good players understand classes, and they can easily roll the class to see what it can do. And right now, it's extremely effective. Even keyboard turning clickers can be effective with the class, actual good people become God like players.

My gunslinger wrecks face if a snare is wasted on me. It's called leg shot followed by instant charged Burst and my sticky grenade and aim shot if I get it in and the targets health is low and I can move to cath back up to leg shot them again.

You are very confused, I think you meant the opposite of most of what you wrote.

Marauders are not focused, and even if they were, they can just disappear and lose target. Or pop Undying Rage.

My main is a Sage, I spend virtually every game getting picked out and attacked, and usually in various forms of stun. Usually by my Mara fan club. Doesn't matter how many people are around me.

A range that is rooted will die pretty quickly. You tell people to kite, and then you say (I think you're trying to say this actually) that ranged isn't effected by rooting or snares. How are you going to kite when you are a sitting duck exactly? How do you kite a charge, while being stuck in place especially?

OP complains about needing Rage, and I list ways to get Rage and moves to use without Rage. Since Ravage is uninterruptable, and if you spec it roots, it's a great, high damage move without rage. If you have teammates they can stun or root in place, or you can use a snare.

I don't know why some people can't be effective with this class. It's complete easy mode. Do you just not use most of the abilities or what?

What nobody seems to mention is that the talent to spec into for the root for ravage is the second to last tier in 1 of the trees.

Somebody REALLY doesn't want Marauders to get nerfed.

1. Leap, obliterate, you have many snares on your own, choke, camo
  2. Try playing classes which don't have defensive CD's like M's do.
  3. Really? I mean... really? Learn to play your class.
  4. Marauders don't lose 1v1's. Learn to play your class.
  5. Dots, moar dots, moar dots.

Last words? Learn to play your class.

Edited by chumppi

Well I have yet to see one thread about Mara being OP of which there are many, in which a Mara or Sent agrees, they constantly say either LTP, QQ etc etc.

So when a bunch of you do the opposite I might understand.

You're kind of ridiculous. I've seen my fair share of them. I've heard of racial stereotypes, but, dude, you're classist. l0l

Somebody REALLY doesn't want Marauders to get nerfed.

1. Leap, obliterate, you have many snares on your own, choke, camo
  2. Try playing classes which don't have defensive CD's like M's do.
  3. Really? I mean... really? Learn to play your class.
  4. Marauders don't lose 1v1's. Learn to play your class.
  5. Dots, moar dots, moar dots.

Last words? Learn to play your class.

1v1 we lose to a lot of clsses: Juggs, Ops and Tank sins.

1v1 we lose to a lot of clsses: Juggs, Ops and Tank sins.

Tanksins are definitely the hardest as a marauder, pyros are up there as it's usually a dps race against them. For ops, deadly throw makes them easier to kill, if they escape, then they don't want to stay and fight.

Tanksins are definitely the hardest as a marauder, pyros are up there as it's usually a dps race against them. For ops, deadly throw makes them easier to kill, if they escape, then they don't want to stay and fight.

Someone want to explain why Tanksins are the hardest? I tend to lose to marauders in 1v1 compared to other classes. Sure tanksin has a ton of defensive cooldowns but once you burn them you are still going to get mauled. Tanksins have no way to purge bleeds and the dots totally ignore whatever defense I put up.

Im assuming its just the issue of not having enough DPS since Im using tank gear instead of the dps gear, but depending on the tree they use marauder should beat tanksins.

Someone want to explain why Tanksins are the hardest? I tend to lose to marauders in 1v1 compared to other classes. Sure tanksin has a ton of defensive cooldowns but once you burn them you are still going to get mauled. Tanksins have no way to purge bleeds and the dots totally ignore whatever defense I put up.

Im assuming its just the issue of not having enough DPS since Im using tank gear instead of the dps gear, but depending on the tree they use marauder should beat tanksins.

It's the tank gear. Trust me. Duelling tournaments on my server really show the disparity between tank and dps gear. Marauders lose to tank sins, in general, but it's close.

Edited by Swarna

lol this list is hilarious. Tell me which class is good while being chain stunned, while under focus fire, and can hit targets that go into stealth to avoid damage (hint: Mara does this too) . How many classes are effective while slowed or rooted?

If you need Rage, just charge in and use battering assault, that's 8 rage right there. If you use Shi-cho form you can activate Berserk and spam vicious slash for free if you really need something. Or you can use Ravage which doesn't have a Rage cost at all.

What most of you don't get is good players understand classes, and they can easily roll the class to see what it can do. And right now, it's extremely effective. Even keyboard turning clickers can be effective with the class, actual good people become God like players.

Shadow tank. Guardian in Vigilance, Scoundrel all do fine while chain cc'd. As he said in the beginning, MELEE means you have to be IN RANGE to use those abilities, perhaps you can't read. If you haven't played a marauder then stop talking, it's a very complicated class, think of it as flying a plane, there's too many damn buttons. Hit the wrong one at the wrong time and you die.

Shadow tank. Guardian in Vigilance, Scoundrel all do fine while chain cc'd. As he said in the beginning, MELEE means you have to be IN RANGE to use those abilities, perhaps you can't read. If you haven't played a marauder then stop talking, it's a very complicated class, think of it as flying a plane, there's too many damn buttons. Hit the wrong one at the wrong time and you die.

But most of the time its on auto pilot and ez mode. If **** goes down, you now have to actually do something to save your skin, which is why you have all those CDs.

I think your analogy expresses exactly what a marauder is. :p

The answer is no. Marauder/Sents are too strong atm. They need to have their damage brought back in line with other classes. Same goes for Pyrotech.

Bringing them back in line =/= nerfing them to the ground. It means the average players will play them averagely and the good ones will still be good, but not unbeatable.

Edited by Richoshist

Okay wait I get it now, we would get melted by pretty much every class pre 1.2 and you guys weren't OP. But now, since we can melt you guys back, We are now OP....Okay I get it now, makes perfect sense! :cool:

Can we nerf assassin's and snipers? They do lots of damage! Silly DPS classes need to learn their places and not do damage. Tsk, tsk.

I can be a baddie and faceroll a assassin or sniper and wtfpwnz people. The Marauder was one of the hardest classes to master pre-1.2, Please don't be blind and think a Marauder is the number 1 OP class in this game right now.

Only reason why you people are crying about this class is because your not use to being slapped around by them yet.

Must suck being on the other side of the fence now huh? :D

You didn't get melted, you're just bad. Now you're "good" after the patch. Sorry to break it to you.