Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

The Pros and Cons of a Marauder

Seravis

Clearly you don't play a Bounty Hunter, cause you're pulling abilities out of your *** from both the Advanced Class types.

That's why I said i don't play it so ...thanks for pointing that out?

Why dont u just go roll a marauder if you think we're so OP , instead of coming here whining and bawwing.

If you think its OP, play it. If you dont play it, dont whine.

Its that simple.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right. Sorry.

Cuz Chaf flare doesn't count as utility. How useful can it be to flash out stealthing marauders?

Cuz BH clearly doesnt have any knock backs like rocket punch. Nor any defensive CDs.

Srsly I dont play BH and I know all these utilities. What level are you?

And grapple don't work? That's weird. last time I checked it worked fine when a good BH timed his grapple right on my non-resolve period and pulled me into the fire.

Maybe that only works for pros.

Mercenaries do have a knockback. Powertechs do not have a Knockback.

Lack of class Knowledge when trying to make a point, makes no point.

PS: A simple search will load countless threads showing the bugginess with Harpoon/Grapple. But again, to much work for you to pull up.

Mercenaries do have a knockback. Powertechs do not have a Knockback.

Lack of class Knowledge when trying to make a point, makes no point.

PS: A simple search will load countless threads showing the bugginess with Harpoon/Grapple. But again, to much work for you to pull up.

Again, I said in my post I don't play BH but if you're after more utility maybe play a merc? Or is that too much logic too ask?

You want a certain thing, play certain class.

If I wanna spam tracer missle I will play mercenary.

If I feel like knocking people out of my way I'll go with a jug or sorc.

If I think Operatives are OP I'll play Operative, which I did, but then I found out how hard it is so I no longer consider it OP.

I can easily tell you 90% of those thread are resolve-related issue and which class don't get buggy skills? Bunch of thread talks about how carnage Ravage can be interrupted/cancelled/bugged do you see me using them as example?

No. Because I know for a fact it doesn't get bugged as people make it out to be. People always exaggerate on forums.

Edited by hyuplee

You didn't check hard enough, because assassins for one were barely touched. They just nerfed healers.

Just healers? So, for example sorcs losing chain lightning was just an illusion?

Annihilation Marauders actually got a (modest) nerf. Rage spec got nerfed, too. Carnage spec for Mara got buffed though. It was kinda needed. Anni was the primary PvP spec for Maras pre 1.2, and back then (before you were all QQing) it wasn't close.

Anni Mara's are not as powerful as before 1.2.

Just a modest nerf for anni? Let's see:

Deadly Throw's "Trauma" effect can no longer be cleansed.

Obfuscate no longer has a Rage cost and is no longer limited by the global cooldown.

Predation now affects all Operation Group members.

Seeping Wound now applies a 50% movement speed reduction (up from 30%).

Looks like there were some interesting changes in addition to that modest nerf, shall we say "buffs"?

You didn't check hard enough, because assassins for one were barely touched. They just nerfed healers.

Annihilation Marauders actually got a (modest) nerf. Rage spec got nerfed, too. Carnage spec for Mara got buffed though. It was kinda needed. Anni was the primary PvP spec for Maras pre 1.2, and back then (before you were all QQing) it wasn't close.

Anni Mara's are not as powerful as before 1.2.

Anni really wasn't nerfed.

Face it, I, and many other mara/sents didn't waste points on the stealth damage reduction anyhow, as it mostly negated ONE tick of the dots on you, other than certain (probably not even intended) effects, such as being able to stealth through a fire trap, it was next to useless, and in it's current form (as a baseline 50% damage reduction without talents) is actually better than it was before.

The only people that think anni got nerfed are anni maras that want to feel as if they are playing a more difficult class now than they were before. Anni's utility and damage were left virtually untouched while 50% of the effect of an anni talent was added to the class as a passive effect. How the hell is this a nerf?

You claim that anni was modestly nerfed when in fact it really wasn't, then you go on to claim that it is now somehow less powerful simply because the other builds are *MORE* powerful, which is a very ignorant claim to make. Carnage getting a buff in itself is not a nerf to anni, so I really don't understand where you come up with the idea that anni is weaker now than it was before 1.2, if anything, anni got buffed with 1.2

Edited by Celebrus

Again, I said in my post I don't play BH but if you're after more utility maybe play a merc? Or is that too much logic too ask?

You want a certain thing, play certain class.

If I wanna spam tracer missle I will play mercenary.

If I feel like knocking people out of my way I'll go with a jug or sorc.

If I think Operatives are OP I'll play Operative, which I did, but then I found out how hard it is so I no longer consider it OP.

I can easily tell you 90% of those thread are resolve-related issue and which class don't get buggy skills? Bunch of thread talks about how carnage Ravage can be interrupted/cancelled/bugged do you see me using them as example?

No. Because I know for a fact it doesn't get bugged as people make it out to be. People always exaggerate on forums.

"I don't play a PT but I know this ability never has any issues ever ever ever. Cause my best friend, Rob, he's a cool guy. He uses all the time. He pulls people through walls!".

I really have no idea what point you actually try to make anymore in your posts in this thread, it seems to be just random thoughts jotted down without any coherence.

Just healers? So, for example sorcs losing chain lightning was just an illusion?

Just a modest nerf for anni? Let's see:

Deadly Throw's "Trauma" effect can no longer be cleansed.

Obfuscate no longer has a Rage cost and is no longer limited by the global cooldown.

Predation now affects all Operation Group members.

Seeping Wound now applies a 50% movement speed reduction (up from 30%).

Looks like there were some interesting changes in addition to that modest nerf, shall we say "buffs"?

Predation was SUPPOSED to affect all group members. = =

And seeping wounds needs to be speced.

The only buff we got was obfuscate and deadly throw effect which aren't really as much of a buff as you think they are. Obf only last 6 sec and you can still force dmg ppl.

Deadly throw make sense because its mara's job to tear down healers/ stopping heals.

How about remove healing debuff

Remove all defensive cds but 1 and add it 3 min cd

Remove the 100% ignore armor skill

Remove the root on ravage

Remove the 30% scream crit dmgo n carnage tree

Remove fury mechanic and all the cds from it

Remove 30% aoe dmg taken

Without all them, the class becomes same as juggernaut...

If u want balance... Nerf marauders heavy...all boost to God mode all other classes in game

Force Push, Saber Throw, Charge > Push > Charge AGAIN **** SO OP! Spammable AOE SLOW WUT????? 2 taunts, Guard, Intercede, Enraged Defense!

Now that I think of it...

**** NERF JUGG SO HARD AHHHHH!!!!

"I don't play a PT but I know this ability never has any issues ever ever ever. Cause my best friend, Rob, he's a cool guy. He uses all the time. He pulls people through walls!".

I really have no idea what point you actually try to make anymore in your posts in this thread, it seems to be just random thoughts jotted down without any coherence.

I really have no idea why you're dodging the real question and taking things out of context.

Did I say there isn't any issue with grapple? I said 90% of the thread, which is true. I never said there isn't any bug with grapple, just as I never said there's any bug with ravage. Read okay?

The real question is why are you still playing your crappy class when you can be playing the class that you think is so OP? Either you know you will suck playing it or you know its not as OP as you think.

I thought Operative was OP, and what did I do? I tried to play Operative.

I didn't go to operative forum and qq about how op they are.

I really have no idea why you're dodging the real question and taking things out of context.

Did I say there isn't any issue with grapple? I said 90% of the thread, which is true. I never said there isn't any bug with grapple, just as I never said there's any bug with ravage. Read okay?

The real question is why are you still playing your crappy class when you can be playing the class that you think is so OP? Either you know you will suck playing it or you know its not as OP as you think.

I thought Operative was OP, and what did I do? I tried to play Operative.

I didn't go to operative forum and qq about how op they are.

I have a 50 watchman sentinel.

He is easier to survive on, can pressure a single target better than, and is capable of the same level of damage output as my BM geared sniper is. And he's in 80% recruit gear with no BM items other than the weapons.

In my personal opinion sents/maras could handle a small nerf and still be a very threatening class.

He is easier to survive on, can pressure a single target better than, and is capable of the same level of damage output as my BM geared sniper is. And he's in 80% recruit gear with no BM items other than the weapons.

In my personal opinion sents/maras could handle a small nerf and still be a very threatening class.

Don't admit that kind of stuff. Lololol.

and if you've followed any of my post, you will realize I'm actually pro nerf but I'm tired of people qqing when they could've just gone try the class. I agree with you completely. I didn't need the buff when i was playing pre 1.2 and i certainly dont need the buff now.

IF you want a nerf, go ahead. I really dont care I'll still play mara. Been playing it since launch and will play it even if it sucks. If nerfing means less qq I'm all for it.

When you play a game and want a certain thing of certain class, you go play that class.

You dont come on forum and ask the dev to give your class what you want.

If you think some class is OP, play it and enjoy. Majority of time you will find out you're wrong. Dont come to the forum and cry how op they are because most likely its a l2p issue.

Force Push, Saber Throw, Charge > Push > Charge AGAIN **** SO OP! Spammable AOE SLOW WUT????? 2 taunts, Guard, Intercede, Enraged Defense!

Now that I think of it...

**** NERF JUGG SO HARD AHHHHH!!!!

Force push 1 min cd and its so buged it might push enemy towards your score line, than away from it....

Aoe slow is spamable as long as u have unlimited raged or be tank spec....

2 rage per slow doent make it spamable..

Guard and taunts are in the tank package of every class in game... Mara's spells arent...

And the 2nd mechanic with fury on top of rage....seriously...

And last, enraged defense, is considered a rage drain buff for every class...

When u fight jugg, pray he ll use it to drain 4 rage + 1 rage per sec from himself, and being unable to dps...

Yes, nerf jugg idd...

. . .

IF you want a nerf, go ahead. I really dont care I'll still play mara.

. . .

If you think some class is OP, play it and enjoy.

. . .

You yourself are a good example of how people don't just have fun with a class simply because it's OP; some people will avoid rolling a class because it is OP.

Force push 1 min cd and its so buged it might push enemy towards your score line, than away from it....

Aoe slow is spamable as long as u have unlimited raged or be tank spec....

2 rage per slow doent make it spamable..

Guard and taunts are in the tank package of every class in game... Mara's spells arent...

And the 2nd mechanic with fury on top of rage....seriously...

And last, enraged defense, is considered a rage drain buff for every class...

When u fight jugg, pray he ll use it to drain 4 rage + 1 rage per sec from himself, and being unable to dps...

Yes, nerf jugg idd...

Bugg =/= happen always.

Most mara (good ones at least) dont cry about ravage bug and its one of the hardest hitting ability on carnage tree. Bugging makes it useless.

I dont get why jugs and BT keep crying about push and grapple bug.

Game will always have bug okay? zzz

Predation was SUPPOSED to affect all group members. = =

And seeping wounds needs to be speced.

The only buff we got was obfuscate and deadly throw effect which aren't really as much of a buff as you think they are. Obf only last 6 sec and you can still force dmg ppl.

Deadly throw make sense because its mara's job to tear down healers/ stopping heals.

A trauma debuff that can't be dispelled is not a big deal? Not sure if serious...

Regardless, the point is not whether or not those buffs are supposed to be there, make sense, etc. The point is that marauders got quality of life buffs and no dps nerfs, while other dps classes got their dps nerfed considerably, which created the current imbalance.

When you play a game and want a certain thing of certain class, you go play that class.

You dont come on forum and ask the dev to give your class what you want.

If you think some class is OP, play it and enjoy. Majority of time you will find out you're wrong. Dont come to the forum and cry how op they are because most likely its a l2p issue.

That is exactly what I did, but I wasn't disappointed in my belief that the sentinel/mara is OP.

I'm not coming here to cry about how OP it is, like I've said, i play it and enjoy it, and not for a second do I believe that I have been carried by the class to the success that I've seen with it.

I'm simply stating that the only other class that can be compared to a mara/sent in it's damage, utility, and survivability is the sniper, where the mara/sent surpasses it in literally every category.

I've had on occassion experiences where I attack a group of 3-4 people on my sentinel, and before I can be dropped I have killed their healer and stealthed my way out of the confrontation, wasting the time of FOUR players, removing a healer from the fight, and living to go elsewhere and wreak more havoc.

My sniper is truly envious of those times. And, having said that, I am unsurprised and not at all as agitated as you are that some people find themselves incapable of handling a fight with this particular class.

Edited by Celebrus

A trauma debuff that can't be dispelled is not a big deal? Not sure if serious...

Regardless, the point is not whether or not those buffs are supposed to be there, make sense, etc. The point is that marauders got quality of life buffs and no dps nerfs, while other dps classes got their dps nerfed considerably, which created the current imbalance.

They didn't.

10% less tracer dmg = 10% full auto.

There's always a catch.

All dps class got their dps buffed THROUGH expertise. So what if mara do a bit more dmg than other classes?

A dps class doing good dps = wrong?

That is exactly what I did, but I wasn't disappointed in my belief that the sentinel/mara is OP.

I'm not coming here to cry about how OP it is, like I've said, i play it and enjoy it, and not for a second do I believe that I have been carried by the class to the success that I've seen with it.

I'm simply stating that the only other class that can be compared to a mara/sent in it's damage, utility, and survivability is the sniper, where the mara/sent surpasses it in literally every category.

I've had on occassion experiences where I attack a group of 3-4 people on my sentinel, and before I can be dropped I have killed their healer and stealthed my way out of the confrontation, wasting the time of FOUR players, removing a healer from the fight, and living to go elsewhere and wreak more havoc.

My sniper is truly envious of those times. And, having said that, I am unsurprised and not at all as agitated as you are that some people find themselves incapable of handling a fight with this particular class.

Then you have my respect.

I appreciate people like you.

With that said please keep in mind Mara is a dps class whose dmg can still be inferior to sniper in most part. They are designed to counter healers. Otherwise we wouldn't get so many - healing debuffs.

Sniper is a pure dps class that's designated to do dmg to every single class there is, which resulted in the lack of utility.

Every class has a purpose and play style.

If you can master that playstyle you are as op you'll ever be no matter what changes.

I didn't care if I didn't top dmg board as long as i did my job, that is stopping healers.

When i see sniper topping the board I'll vote mvp because I know he/she is doing his/her job.

Edited by hyuplee

I too think pyro is a mobile spec, extremely mobile- thank god unload is the only needed ability for my merc because I don't like standing still too long, I don't need to use unload on my PT if I'm pyro and as shield I'm always moving, always. To say PT pyro isn't mobile... sigh.

Consider this:

If in 1.2 the class changes remained but they never changed expertise.

There would be almost no complaining about my class if this was the case.

Maras were strong before, but this is probably true. Lowering the TTK essentially did 2 things..

1) buffed top DPS classes more than anyone else (same percentage, higher base value)

2) increased the duration of damage invuln abilities (relative to the overall TTL of players)

I could see why the side effects of these changes might not be anticipated. BW already said that damage was about where they expected, but I think they need to review the effectiveness of maras survival skills from the perspective of the new TTK... it's a different ballgame.

have u ever tried a Tank-Shadow... i have both and i am way more OP in my shadow

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.