The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Free 30 days and Tauntaun Ram pet

Jeffdogg

We say today is the x of, at least here in Scotland. It's just the way it's said.

You folks out in yankee land like to do things different whether right or wrong.

Yeah that big ol' pond between us makes us stupid I guess! :rolleyes:

Was just curious because I seem to see a lot of hand-wringing about this from our European friends. Though to be honest I've been confused by this also when viewing EU sites and getting dates wrong on them.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe I received the pet (or ever will, according to the email I got saying I would) despite having an active account. I'm a bit confused as to what "active subscriber" means. I thought it included people using game time codes, though maybe not, since I have game time card on my account, but not an active subscription (??). Edited by ProsaicProse

This has always made me wonder something. When Europeans ask each other what the date is do you say "Today is the 25th of April" since that is the way you like to display it? Here in Amurica we would say "Today is April 25th". Just curious and sorry to go off-topic.

Exactly. Germans say, literally translated, today is the 25th April 2012, or alternatively even today is the 25th 4th 2012. That is numerically written as 25.04.2012 (one does not write out or abbreviate the name of the month) which looks like the first two numbers are ordinals, and are thus even pronounced as such.

Edited by Mephane

i got mine about 3 or so hours ago. which would be 12 edt aprol 25th. so id assume they are in the works.

My account right now as of 12:42 Pacific time shows that I do have the 30 days credit, but as of right now no Tauntaun pet. I do assume I'll get one, but do find it a bit odd that I haven't yet, given I do have the 30 days now.

Addendum: Just got my pets, one per character of course. :)

Edited by Arvig

The Tauntaun pet and the extra game time are part of separate promotions, and thus are being distributed by separate processes. It should be no surprise that they arrive at different times. Keep calm, and hold on until after their stated "no later than" time before worrying. Edited by Liokae

The free 30 days was credited to my account when I checked this morning.

Also, my characters all had TaunTauns in their mail box as well. Cute little fella. He seems to have ADD though as he's a little slow to follow from the stopped position sometimes. :p

Edited by Andryah

Yeah that big ol' pond between us makes us stupid I guess! :rolleyes:

Was just curious because I seem to see a lot of hand-wringing about this from our European friends. Though to be honest I've been confused by this also when viewing EU sites and getting dates wrong on them.

Nowt to do with being stupid, that's your call not mine ;) Different was the word.

Edited by Kabaal

Dear Mr Bass,

I live in the Netherlands. Its a country where we not to fond of credit cards. Thus i started playing on the release of the game up till now. I have played a total of 50 days and 20 hours. From day 1 i used a timecard of 60 days. Since then i always updated my accountstatus with 60 days. Atm i still have 23 days left and not bad standing like bannend or anything. I have been playing and supporting from the start, have only 1 main character who is fun and i stayed with Bioware through thick and tin.

Why do I not get 30 days free?

I feel i am penalized for not haveing a creditcard. When you are useing a timecard you don't have an unlimited subscribtion like a creditcard.

I would appriciate a responce to this.

Sincerly,

Edited by Sunflake

Dear Mr Bass,

I live in the Netherlands. Its a country where we not to fond of credit cards. Thus i started playing on the release of the game up till now. I have played a total of 50 days and 20 hours. From day 1 i used a timecard of 60 days. Since then i always updated my accountstatus with 60 days. Atm i still have 23 days left and not bad stading like bannend or anything. I have been playing and supporting from the start, have only 1 main character who is fun and i stayed with Bioware through thick and tin.

I feel i am penalized for not haveing a creditcard. When you are useing a timecard you don't have an unlimited subscribtion like a creditcard.

Sincerly,

Says who?

From what I have seen an active accoun t is the requirement, with either a credit / debit card or a timecard.

Where are you getting your info from?

So as long as you meet the subscription requirements you get the tautaun? Im confused. I'm pretty new april 4 and i am about to make 30, but i dont have any legacy. Will i get the darn critter or not? I really want one.

Wondering this as well, apologies if it's been answered elsewhere, I haven't been able to dig it up if it has. Do we get it even if we don't have legacy on a certain character yet? Will we get it once Legacy becomes unlocked? I did receive the pet on my character who does have legacy, so I'm just curious.

Wondering this as well, apologies if it's been answered elsewhere, I haven't been able to dig it up if it has. Do we get it even if we don't have legacy on a certain character yet? Will we get it once Legacy becomes unlocked? I did receive the pet on my character who does have legacy, so I'm just curious.

Source: http://www.swtor.com/legacypromotion

We appreciate the support of our community throughout the development of the Legacy game update. As a ‘Thank You’ gift, we are giving all active subscribers (as of April 12, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT or April 22, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT) the following in-game Legacy reward: the Legacy Tauntaun Ram Pet*, sure to be your new best friend!

Swift and strong, and ready to stand firm at its master’s side, the Tauntaun Ram pet will be delivered to you via in-game mail by April 25, 2012, 11:59PM CDT/ April 26, 2012, 4:59AM GMT.

The level / legacy was for 30 days free:

In appreciation for your support, all active subscribers with a Level 50 character or with a Legacy Level 6 account will receive 30 days of game time** at no charge.

- Just be sure you are an active subscriber and have a Level 50 character by April 12, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT or April 22, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT.

- OR, be sure you are an active subscriber with a Legacy Level 6 account by April 22, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT. Unlock your Legacy by finishing Chapter 1 and then continue your Legacy progression on multiple characters until you see the Level 6 on your Legacy Level bar (under your XP bar).

Got my free 30 Days, now just waiting for my transfer and then when they supply the pet:) So I will be on this game to at least 18/06/2012. But unless I see 1.3 with some nice content and what they advise is coming in the legacy I will be taking a break. Give the game some months to push out more story content and refine some more. Edited by Aus_Jedi

Says who?

From what I have seen an active accoun t is the requirement, with either a credit / debit card or a timecard.

Where are you getting your info from?

I have not recieved no mails from bioware nor has my account been added with 30 days., Other people have had their 30 days added and some have received ingame pets. So i am either "overlooked" or i miss data. That is the info i based my question upon.

Edited by Sunflake

Dear Mr Bass,

I live in the Netherlands. Its a country where we not to fond of credit cards. Thus i started playing on the release of the game up till now. I have played a total of 50 days and 20 hours. From day 1 i used a timecard of 60 days. Since then i always updated my accountstatus with 60 days. Atm i still have 23 days left and not bad standing like bannend or anything. I have been playing and supporting from the start, have only 1 main character who is fun and i stayed with Bioware through thick and tin.

Sincerly,

Credit Card or Time Card, both make your account active which is what Subscribing means. You do have to meet the rest of the requirements though

Credit Card or Time Card, both make your account active which is what Subscribing means. You do have to meet the rest of the requirements though

I have met all the requirements (i think) thus my question to Mr. Bass.

Edited by Sunflake

I have met all the requirements (i think) thus my question to Mr. Bass.

The day isn't over. Wait until AFTER the time they said you'd get it by to ask why you haven't gotten it.

Edited by Liokae

I have not recieved no mails from bioware nor has my account been added with 30 days., Other people have had their 30 days added and some have received ingame pets. So i am either "overlooked" or i miss data. That is the info i based my question upon.

Firstly, you have not received no emails? Double negative?

Secondly:

The 30 days of game time will show up on your account by April 25, 2012, 11:59PM CDT/ April 26, 2012, 4:59AM GMT and will begin once your current game time remaining expires.

We still have around 6 hours until the deadline, and if you have time paid for you won't see the free time until the time you have already paid for has been used.