Hypothetically; If Lucas dies, will we see more films?

DeutschGamer

We all know how stubborn George Lucas is with his universe and his stance on creating future films. Do you believe that if George was to die or 'pass the torch' in some other fashion, we would see a new series of films created?

I know that there are some who would prefer not to see more films after the lackluster prequels, but I'm sure all can agree they have a novel or two in mind that wouldn't be so bad on the big screen.

Edited by DeutschGamer
To improve the Thread Title.

Lol... If the answer is yes.. would you pray for him to die sooner? :D

His whole lifelong legacy was Star Wars... I am sure he will put a clause somewhere in his will that people wont be able to touch it without so and so's permission or not at all. He would be stupid not too. Kind of sad for the rest of us though, because it would be fun to see what people would do if they had free reign over the franchise... although you dont want it to get too crazy obviously.

Anyway... bottom line is I think the rights to Star Wars are buttoned up tighter then a nuns..... um.... ya, death or no death.

Lol... If the answer is yes.. would you pray for him to die sooner? :D

His whole lifelong legacy was Star Wars... I am sure he will put a clause somewhere in his will that people wont be able to touch it without so and so's permission or not at all. He would be stupid not too. Kind of sad for the rest of us though, because it would be fun to see what people would do if they had free reign over the franchise... although you dont want it to get too crazy obviously.

Anyway... bottom line is I think the rights to Star Wars are buttoned up tighter then a nuns..... um.... ya, death or no death.

I believe the whole franchise is supposed to go to his daughter who has already written some episodes of the Clone Wars. So there is a good chance we might see more Star Wars stuff. But the question is will she make them in the current time frame or will she set them in an entirely new setting?

Not until after almost a 100 years, but by that time I doubt anyone would really wanna bother with it. Why do yall want new movies anyway? They ended on a strong note, and yall just wanna take that away? Especially when they have novels/comics etc explaining what happens after?

since harry potter and twilight (not that i'm say these were good or every1 liked them) there is a gap in the market for a good franchise, if only george wasn't so easily offended, maybe we would see new movies. as for if he dies i don't think it would have any bearing on the matter. however as i say there is a gap in the market for a good franchise. and we all know lucas is driven by money (indy 4), and he is known for his sudden change of mind. so never say never

He has, as reported in previous posts here, taken steps to make sure all his toys are buried with him when he goes. Definitely the ultimate "Screw you guys, I'm goin' home!" moment, imo. He doesn't want his legacy to live on after him like Roddenberry's did. My guess is it's because he knows someone else would come along and actually write good dialogue? Who knows? :p

He has, as reported in previous posts here, taken steps to make sure all his toys are buried with him when he goes. Definitely the ultimate "Screw you guys, I'm goin' home!" moment, imo. He doesn't want his legacy to live on after him like Roddenberry's did. My guess is it's because he knows someone else would come along and actually write good dialogue? Who knows? :p

Or **** it up, like with Disney. The moment Walt died, Disney went downhill.....or at least it was never the same again.

This thread is sick

wishing death of fellow human being over a fiction universe.

i question if OP have morals.

Its a hypothetical question designed to gather information on the future of Star Wars films. You are merely taking it a step further and saying I am wishing death on someone.

I would like to see more films but nowhere have I said I wish him to die. Read the whole thread next time.

I'd rather they didn't, but knowing the state of modern capitalism... Probably.

My reason for not wanting another movie is not due to the prequels, but due to the massive retcons that would most likely take place.

I see your point, but its Lucas that has been known to retcon EU for his own universe. If someone else was to direct the future films, such as his daughter, perhaps she would lose the "Lucas Universe, EU Universe" and actually base it around the novel.

On a side note, I find it quite depressing that Lucas gives the EU no attention at all. Now I know that there is no way he could read every single novel and comic, but just to read a summary or look at the box art..

This thread is sick

wishing death of fellow human being over a fiction universe.

i question if OP have morals.

I'd say 98% of Star Wars foru posters have questionable morals. It's their kind that made Lucas stop making anythign beyond games and shows. And the "once I die, that's it, game over." Lucas shall always have my pity for having one of the most horrible fanbases of all time. :(

I'd say 98% of Star Wars foru posters have questionable morals. It's their kind that made Lucas stop making anythign beyond games and shows. And the "once I die, that's it, game over." Lucas shall always have my pity for having one of the most horrible fanbases of all time. :(

Read the actual thread before assuming you know what I'm thinking.

honesty lucas did the right choice with having such terrible fanbase like that.

i don't care if you bash me lucas is the one who brought star wars to life in first place.

honesty lucas did the right choice with having such terrible fanbase like that.

i don't care if you bash me lucas is the one who brought star wars to life in first place.

If you like star wars you are part of the fanbase, you must know you are grouped collectively with these so called terrible people.

Yes Lucas brought it to life and everyone is glad he did, but the way he carries out handling the universe he has created is quite..uninspiring.

It's kind of sad, but at the same time it's better than Hollywood cranking out a bunch of bad SW movies just to cash in.

It's worth noting that even though the people that made the SW films innovated a lot of the techniques and technology that major Hollywood pictures use today, the SW films are technically independent features because Lucas has his own production company.

Edited by MorgonKara