Time is running out Bioware

maligoth

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect those who are into more solo stuff, but with the option to make small group, D3 might be OK

For those who enjoyed korean style questing and boss hunting with cute and pretty graphics, Tera will appeal to those folk.

People who enjoy more large scale pvp battles, especially those from Aion/Lineage/Guild Wars 1 background, will flock to GW2.

Not saying any of those games will be the be all and end all of gaming, just they may perhaps offer excitement and entertainment that some people are not getting with swtor in its current state.

Each to their own at the end of the day.

First post here and I hate to come here and cry, but here it is.

You guys need to get cross-server PVP or server transfers or 8 man PVP groups in the game REAL soon. I know I'm not the only one with rediculous queue times these days. I'll describe my last night trying to PVP.

Guildies had the 4 man premade full before I logged in. I played with them once and got a single win. The Republic side is so dead, the only ones playing are from the same guild (so they get an 8 man premade). This of course is a huge advantage. Every once in a while, they dont get all 8 in, but they did get the full eight on quite a few matches.

The 4 man guildies from my guild, coupled with the L2P riff-raff, did ok against the 8, but lost mostly. I on the other hand am saddled with 7 baddies match after match. Tried waiting to queue for a bit to get in with the guildies... no luck.

Towards the end of the the night, after I'm thoroughly frustrated, I get a special kick in stones. I listen to my guildies win a match on Ventrillo (for like 15 minutes) as I stand around the Imp Fleet like an idiot waiting for a pop. Their match ends, so I assume it's my turn. Wrong. They get into another match and I sit in the queue. Logged at that point and almost canceled the sub.

Listen, I don't typically come to the boards to whine. I really like parts of this game. I WANT TO KEEP GIVING YOU MY MONEY. But come on guys. How much resources went into the Rakghoul event? That lasted a whole week? Give the PVP players something worth doing, or see them dwindle from your game. Such a shame too, as I want to love this game.

Sad story.

THIS!

Bioware is the only company I've ever seen who has REMOVED PvP content since launch. We have LESS now than we did in December.

Like it or not, PvP is a MAJOR draw for MMOs. PvPers drive the economy! They'll pay 1million credits for that extra stat...PvEers won't. All PvEers need to do is figure out a 'rotation'. PvPers will buy the stims, buy the augments, buy the augmented gear...PvEers get theirs as loot drops.

But whatever...Bioware controls their own destiny.

Edited by Trineda
removed quote

THIS!

Bioware is the only company I've ever seen who has REMOVED PvP content since launch. We have LESS now than we did in December.

Like it or not, PvP is a MAJOR draw for MMOs. PvPers drive the economy! They'll pay 1million credits for that extra stat...PvEers won't. All PvEers need to do is figure out a 'rotation'. PvPers will buy the stims, buy the augments, buy the augmented gear...PvEers get theirs as loot drops.

But whatever...Bioware controls their own destiny.

I guess they could've done like D3 and remove PvP before the game ships.

I guess they could've done like D3 and remove PvP before the game ships.

Would have been wiser than teasing you with a broken form and then removing that and going back to the drawing board. Better to have all your ducks in a row.

To the people saying cross server will break PvP: Are you kidding me? Read what they said about cross server PvP first. The system prioritizes people from your own server to pit you against. Only when these are not found will it go cross server. Are you saying that you would rather not play at all than play against people from other servers? Makes no sense.

The Cross server PvP they are trying to release is very good thought out. Ranked WZ are very good thought out too. They have good ideas, they just need to release this soon because unless you're on a high population server, PvP is horrible right now.

To the people saying cross server will break PvP: Are you kidding me? Read what they said about cross server PvP first. The system prioritizes people from your own server to pit you against. Only when these are not found will it go cross server. Are you saying that you would rather not play at all than play against people from other servers? Makes no sense.

The Cross server PvP they are trying to release is very good thought out. Ranked WZ are very good thought out too. They have good ideas, they just need to release this soon because unless you're on a high population server, PvP is horrible right now.

i wouldnt really say the pvp team in this game has good ideas.imo,bioware needs to send them packing and hire in a better pvp team,but i dont think you'll have to worry soon.all the serious pvpers are probably gone,and the not so serious ones are probably going to follow soon

but i guess this is what you get when you hire in a pvp team that drove there previous mmo into the ground

Edited by CrunkShizzle

AMEN. All these people that think GW2 will save MMO's are completely high. I bet 75% of the people never played gw1. I also bet those 75% did not know how fast the game died. GW2 is not much different (yes I have played it).

As for current state of PvP, I am guessing it is bad on every server. 5 out of 10 matches I got into recently started off with a full 8. But within seconds the premade on my team quit. So you know what happens now? Now either we fight with 4, because the matches no longer end when numbers are uneven. Or we get 4 more PUGS, to fight against the premade that already has a head start on us. I think people are doing this on purpose. Why in the heck would you leave before you even see who you are against? Or are you just trying to get a full 8 in there? Then we have all these stupid tanks guarding DPS. Come on now.. Guard your healer..

I cant wait for GW2, maybe some of the stupid people will leave. We will find out this weekend I guess.

Edited by Trineda
removed quote

I agree with you. GW2 is a farce. I despise the genre of magicians and magical elfs...but...that doesn't make PvP in THIS game any better. While I personally hope GW2 fails, because I am SICK of the fantasy setting EVERY MMO but this one takes, I can also sympathize with them BECAUSE of this games PvP.

Bioware has had more than enough time at this point to address PvP in a MEANINGFUL way. They were warned during beta, they ignored it. People wanted to test it with 50's, they ignored it. Once the game was released and people started having issues, they ignored them. Bioware has IGNORED PvP so much that they've REMOVED content from it since launch. The ONLY incentivised form it takes in this game, is as a mini game now, limited to 8v8 in a completely controlled and boring box. We were told Ilum would "blow us away"...instead, it drove people away.

Whether it be GW2 or Tera or TSW or some unnamed project, it doesn't matter...the truth is, PvP here BLOWS and Bioware doesn't seem to care at all.

Edited by Trineda
removed quote

Hello Bioware/EA, wannabe mmo SWTOR after 6 months in few points:

Engine, pvp fps drop = fail

Pvp Itemization = fail

night pvping = fail (there is none because server is emtpy and no crossrealm pvp)

Tab targeting = fail

only 4 man premade = fail

no World mass pvp = engine fail (15 players in one screen 10-20 fps on high end machine lul)

half year wait for usable UI = fail

half year wait for camera fix = fail

half year wait for usable GTN = fail

1.2 patch installation error = complete fiasco

space combat = joke from beginning

12€ monthly? = no jokes and no fails...

Oh yeahooo i forgot - we got raghoul infection for pvp players !(sarcasm)

I love the pvp so much in this game. So i ask - why dont you love us, paying customers?

I am playing this game till august with my free month. SWTOR has taught me to wait 6 - 8 months before committing to any mmo. I will be playing no games for a bit and will evaluate in December who exactly, if anyone, deserves my money.

I think there was so much opportunity with this game that was kind of lost who knows maybe awesome in December 2012?!???

Correct, I am just looking forward to the constant whining on their forums about balance etc...hopefully the scrubs from here use the same nicks so I get a good laugh....... Edited by Trineda
removed quote

Greetings folks!

Several posts have been moderated in this thread. When replying to threads, please ensure that your posts are on-topic for the thread. Off-topic comments that derail the discussion are considered hijacking. As a gentle reminder to everyone, please remember the following:

• Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.
  • Disruptive Behavior - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.
  • Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.
  • Flag, Don't Fight - Utilize the Flag Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them.
  • Ignoring - If you feel you simply cannot get along with another community member, please place them on your ignore list.

Thank you!

No queues for republic side.

Same faction box pvp.

Wzs full of 2 classes.

Tab targeting + camera reseting is teh lulz.

No sound in wzs, bugged sound in open world.

Framerate drops.

Limited premade so you can't play with all your friends, the system can't even remember your group for the next wz, you can't even reset queues for your group.

Incoming rated with full 8 premades only, enjoy being toasted because you are only 6 connected and you need to bring pugs to play.

You don't even farm your gear but you farm your mods because oranged critted crafted gear is mandatory and new sets look like power rangers.

Obiwan kenobi.

Not to be mean or anything but the game is so full of fail no amount of fixing can make it good. You know it's true because 1.2 happened.

I don't give a damn about gw2, i did not even play the 1st, but i've already installed diablo 3.

just cancel your account, you can still play till the game time runs out. just put in the reason that you are not happy with the direction that the game lead designer is taking the game, we were decieved that 1.2 would include ranked warzones and we need an actual guild summit where the community has input into further content not just some pathetic slideshow and side stepping questions.

the reason most people will go play gw2 is the fact that it will have cross server pvp out of the box.

No queues for republic side.

Same faction box pvp.

Wzs full of 2 classes.

Tab targeting + camera reseting is teh lulz.

No sound in wzs, bugged sound in open world.

Framerate drops.

Limited premade so you can't play with all your friends, the system can't even remember your group for the next wz, you can't even reset queues for your group.

Incoming rated with full 8 premades only, enjoy being toasted because you are only 6 connected and you need to bring pugs to play.

You don't even farm your gear but you farm your mods because oranged critted crafted gear is mandatory and new sets look like power rangers.

Obiwan kenobi.

Not to be mean or anything but the game is so full of fail no amount of fixing can make it good. You know it's true because 1.2 happened.

I don't give a damn about gw2, i did not even play the 1st, but i've already installed diablo 3.

I heard D3 pvp was the best

Way to look like a newb lol, and your point is ? Pvp was always irrevelant and always sucked in diablo games. Swtor has boring pve and the pvp is horrible. Don't blame players for switching to better games.

only thing in your post in the pvp forums that mentioned pve was you were going to d3. have fun playing co-op online, im off to join the lagfest in SvSvS pvp of gw2.

I think BW must respond to this thread about these PVP accusations! Because really ,,,its true!

Dead servers all over the place, 30 min to 2 hours w8ing time for a warzone to pop up! No ranked warzone matches as it was intended, same armors and weapons for all players, not enough attantion to PVP players since no money and few commendation, 2 low rewards for wz since weakly and daily have the same rewards, no 8 people premaid, no cross server wz, wz of 8 up to 8 and no more ppl?? where is mass pvp? What about all us PvP lovers who chose to play this game for the history of it! For us who grew up with SW and what to support u with all our power!

I know u can always say that ''we need to fix some problems to get it done perfect'' i respect that, but u maybe need to try more. The time is passing, people are going to new games like TERA and GW2. The competition is getting stronger. We need something from you to stay in this game! Not something big but something for us PvPers! The legacy was unnessecery compared to the lack of the pvp content. U need to answer to all these plz! U just seem to dont care at all about us!

SWTOR has the potential, SWTOR has the story, SWTOR has the world, please make something good out of it

and dont let this powerfull game go down to history as the dissapointment of the SW franchise!

Help us so we can help you! And we will!

Plz at least try to respond to some of these problems as no answer seems to come this way!

This game will be free to play in under a year. Bioware is simply unable to balance their pvp classes and continuously run of their customers each time their "fixes" just make things worse. 1.2 was a huge mistake...on top of many other already.