Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Companions not a priority? No stats fix

Morbidheresy

I'm a little confused as to how a bug as major as implants and earpiece stats not applying to companions can be overlooked. Not only is it a pain in the butt for those of us who are aware of it and have to re-equip these items every time our companion is resummoned, but I reckon the majority of players don't even realize the bug exists and are playing with massively gimped companions. At lvl 50 it amounts to several thousand hitpoints and a bunch of stats.

I'm failing to understand why this is not a priority fix. Sorry to post yet another complaint on these forums. I love the game, think its great. And I'm not going to be like most idiots and threaten to unsub (as if anybody cares). But I'm a little baffled by this.

Call me crazy but when I updated this morning and read the patch notes it said it fixed the issue with companions and implants/earpieces? I'm looking at the notes now and I do not see any mention of this.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=4119147#edit4119147

First of all, thank you all for reporting this. Unfortunately, it looks like this specific fix did not work as intended. We've removed the patch note and this will be updated in our known issues list. A fix will be coming in an upcoming patch.

Apologies, and thank you for your patience.

Edited by Scar

If you're satisfied with a botched fix, that's your prerogative.

A botched fix is better than nothing at all. It means that they recognize the importance of the issue and are attempting to resolve it. I'd rather have that than see nothing about it at all.

I'm a little confused as to how a bug as major as implants and earpiece stats not applying to companions can be overlooked. Not only is it a pain in the butt for those of us who are aware of it and have to re-equip these items every time our companion is resummoned, but I reckon the majority of players don't even realize the bug exists and are playing with massively gimped companions. At lvl 50 it amounts to several thousand hitpoints and a bunch of stats.

I'm failing to understand why this is not a priority fix. Sorry to post yet another complaint on these forums. I love the game, think its great. And I'm not going to be like most idiots and threaten to unsub (as if anybody cares). But I'm a little baffled by this.

is like asking why they haven't fixed the random crashes during conversations since 1.2.1 and why has been no acknowledgement or even atempt to fix it yet...even though it basically broken the game for many of us.

Are any of you software developers? Are any of you coders and engineers? No, I didn't think so, because if you were, you'd be working for them trying to fix the issues. And yet you're all still human, including those at EA/BW. Which mean you are prone to error, by your very own nature.

Stop complaining and ripping into the people that are working hard to try and make this a viable experience for you. Nothing is ever perfect, and these issues take time. They're technicians, not magicians. There is no magic switch to simply flip and BAM! Everything works again. Sorry, doesn't work that way.

Testing the fix before it comes out? They did. They thought they had it fixed when they tested it. Something went wrong. Such is technology. Get over it.

• Dev Post
As someone mentioned above, we are definitely aware of Companion stats not being adjusted properly and are working to resolve it in an upcoming patch. We're sorry for the inconvenience! Since this has already been addressed in the thread linked above, we're going to close this thread.