Mercenary is now useless in PvP

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mentioned those damage numbers as an example of what pyro is capable of if you have the patience to practice and learn the spec inside out. It can be frustrating to manage heat as pyro, but after playing it for a while you will get a good feel for how it works. It is a far more rewarding play style than just being a dps turret.

Apologies if my post seemed like i was boasting ect, it was not my intention. All i was trying to point out is that mercs have acsess to the best pvp spec in the game, so why not use it.....>?

As to those doubting the potency of the spec, i will try get a few screen shots today for you :wea_02:

I mentioned those damage numbers as an example of what pyro is capable of if you have the patience to practice and learn the spec inside out. It can be frustrating to manage heat as pyro, but after playing it for a while you will get a good feel for how it works. It is a far more rewarding play style than just being a dps turret.

Apologies if my post seemed like i was boasting ect, it was not my intention. All i was trying to point out is that mercs have acsess to the best pvp spec in the game, so why not use it.....>?

As to those doubting the potency of the spec, i will try get a few screen shots today for you :wea_02:

Best pvp spec in the game? Lol obviously wrong since PT Pyro is better and not to mention ops Mar and sorc all have better builds.

yeyeyeeeeeeee:cool:

Tbh it's all about filling a particular roll in warzones. If you are being focused in a warzone then that means they are not on your healer which = free healing. If they are on your healer then you are left wide open and we all know what happens with a wide open gunnery commando (unhealable damage).

So quit the whining and realize that you are meant to excel in group play. The same thing can be said about powertechs. They are even more squishier then commandos because they have the save rubbish defensive cooldowns and have to be in MELEE range to get their damage going which makes them prone to being blown up.

Don't know about PT but my Vanguard kicks ridiculous amounts of butt. This is a Tactics Vanguard btw. Top 3 damage most matches unless my commando buddy is in there with me pwning everything. But I truly have been surprised by his survivability.

I have always respecced pyro for PvP, and it's not even funny how much better it is than arsenal. Also it's funny how easily you can kill an arsenal merc while pyro specced.

Pyro is difficult to pick up at first due to the difference in heat management mechanics but compared to the joke that is arsenal, it's the only way to go

I'm not one for crying about class changes but as a pvp'er I have noticed that my merc simply gets ripped apart in pvp now even with full BM gear.

It seems to me that especially Jedi will drop here current target and go straight for me as soon as they notice I'm a merc knowing its a quick kill and I'm powerless to do anything about it,

I don't expect to win when outnumbered but even 1v1 I'm basically screwed unless they already have low health, it basically feels like we are an easy target.

As for marauders I got no chance 1v1 in any situation really I don't see the balance, at the moment the best defense I have is trying not to be noticed, which does not feel very iconic and is not easy to do with missiles and twin blasters giving you away.

This is not a QQ just how merc feels to me at the moment to me, I still enjoy playing merc but it does feel like we are the under dog.

I guess my 200k+ damage 36 kills & 5 deaths is so DUMB. I need more nerfs!

I play a merc & Im spec in Pyro. I dont have any problems with pve or pvp.

No one is talking about about pyro having problems

Edited by nkitch

200k damage isn't good. Its ok. Its mediocre. Pyro is the strongest tree we have yet PT has a better Pyro tree than we do. Our other two trees are essentially broken.

Edited by gattiman

Yea I can normally hit high numbers in pvp as a merc, but thats usually because it's the people I play against. Solo queue means I can easily fight baddies who don't know how to interrupt or even target me when I chill in the back. I can walk away with like top 3 medals earned doing pretty good dps, but man if I was a sniper in those same games I'd be able to easily do better. Edited by Rethban

If you are averaging 200k in wz with a Merc Pyro, then I definitely encourage you to continue. You are one of the few holding back the subclass meta average and helping prevent more nerfs.

Totally agree on this. No utility, no survivability and mediocre damage.

If this game was one of those football games u played as a kid. You playing a merc would be the fat guy always picked last. This is how BW ruined us just in time for ranking....

While I feel all your guy's pain, welcome to being a Deception Assassin. Minus us having some utility, we have LESS survivability and have to spend as much time, if not more, setting up for our mediocre finishing combo. The only real difference is we can actually sorta kinda perform in PvE.

That being said, I don't agree with what they did to your class. If they wanted to stop Tracer Missile spam, they should have conformed it to the other armor reduction skills in the game, not made you Sniper with aoe and less damage. It should have been dropped in damage (you have to admit, it was doing too much), been made instant cast and given at least a 3 second cooldown. This way, there is NO way to spam it, cause even after the GCD, you have to wait another 1.5 seconds (another gcd) to use it again. Badaboom, two problems solves, Tracer Spam and lack of mobility.

While I feel all your guy's pain, welcome to being a Deception Assassin. Minus us having some utility, we have LESS survivability and have to spend as much time, if not more, setting up for our mediocre finishing combo. The only real difference is we can actually sorta kinda perform in PvE.

That being said, I don't agree with what they did to your class. If they wanted to stop Tracer Missile spam, they should have conformed it to the other armor reduction skills in the game, not made you Sniper with aoe and less damage. It should have been dropped in damage (you have to admit, it was doing too much), been made instant cast and given at least a 3 second cooldown. This way, there is NO way to spam it, cause even after the GCD, you have to wait another 1.5 seconds (another gcd) to use it again. Badaboom, two problems solves, Tracer Spam and lack of mobility.

That's a nice idea but TM wasn't doing too much damage when you realize that's all we had. Stop TM and the merc dies. Every other ability works off of TM. If they don't want us using TM so much make an actual arsenal tree with more than 5 viable abilities total.

Yeah if anything maybe tweak railshots cd or something, if merc is going to be all about casting then dealing with melee should be like any other game. Burst, run, burst, run, burst, mop up. Let tracer lower rail shots cd or let railshot slow with the tracer debuff, something other than being encourage to wait 5 tracers to use railshot. We already have heatseeker rewarding us for long casts, railshot shouldn't try to comepete with the exact same effect. I wouldn't want the idea of heatseeker to be changed, let it be that huge satisfying nuke that rewards us if we manage to get the full stacks of tracer off.

Making tracer instant would ruin it for PvE, the more mobile arsenal gets, the sustain dmg has to go down to compensate, its the nature of balancing. At this state in pvp though, we don't even get rewards for being stationary, at least nothing more than anyone else, and when we do have to move the only rotation we have is encouraging us to stand still. Even if the dmg gets alright from a crapload of expertise we still lack any of the three things that make a true dps viable in pvp: 1) Heal Cuts 2) Interupts 3) Offensive Dispel. In any other game true dps'ers have at least one or two of these to compensate for people getting in the way of their dps job (aka healers). We can't have none of these and still say we're more than stationary cannons.

All just my opinions ofc.

Edited by Rethban

mercs pls stop crying. There is a girl on the swiftsure named steph wmmwwmmwwmmw that kills me every time i see her. She hit me for over 5k even after 1.2 nerfs. If you want to qq roll sorc heals.

*smash* lololol *smash* lolololol *smash* lololol *smash* lololo..

200k? 5 deaths? lol, that's what we call poor performance son.

With my sage I can get to 0 deaths and way more damage without sweating.

Edited by sensiblepoast

I can be a healer and have 45 kills and 0 deaths without landing a single killing blow, who's to say you had any part in making that difference that lets your team walk away with a win. Sure I can deal 999k dmg but it doesn't mean jack if you can't drop the healer that's keeping the team/tanks up.

Edited by Rethban

*smash* lololol *smash* lolololol *smash* lololol *smash* lololo..

Haha - I love this!

I'm glad I read this post. I've been playing pretty much non-stop for the last week and have almost an entire BM set (just missing one piece). I'm heal spec but I kept wondering what my problem was when I would consistently get low numbers on my heals. I hadn't played PvP in a couple months but I remembered being able survive fairly decently. Now it feels like my armor is made of paper. The worst is if a heavy hitter is on the hunt for me. There is nothing fun about arriving on the scene only to die almost instantly over and over again. At first I just thought I was a crappy player even though I was employing every strategy I could do to survive. Then I watched another Merc healer and watched how quickly he would get torn up.

Last match I did I went foot-to-the-floor healing. I thought I would have a halfway decent score...nope. I'm having trouble breaking 250k.

My guild is dead and my PUG days are numbered. I'm desperately searching for a new guild so I can have a tank to roll with but I'm not sure if anyone wants an impotent Merc. It's probably time to start leveling up those alts...

Edited by Monthigos
typo

Thread title says "Mercenary is now useless in PvP".

Why?

Its not, the title is a big fat lie. Try a different spec and see how great it can be in PvP. You know a spec like pyro, which is very good and has always been better suited for PvP than arsenal.

Try a different spec and see how great it can be in PvP. You know a spec like pyro, which is very good and has always been better suited for PvP than arsenal.

Pyro is far more suited to Powertech, who can by the way crank out some insane DPS numbers with a Pyro build. 500k-800k is not uncommon. I'd like to see a Merc reach those numbers with a Pyro spec. Your troll post is fail.

Thread title says "Mercenary is now useless in PvP".

Why?

Its not, the title is a big fat lie. Try a different spec and see how great it can be in PvP. You know a spec like pyro, which is very good and has always been better suited for PvP than arsenal.

Yeah I wouldn't say it's comepletly useless, but in comparison to some other top end pvp classes it makes ours look like a joke