Am I the only one flat out addicted to this game?

Galbatorrix

Yes, there are bugs. There are things that make me scratch my head and roll my eyes from time to time as well. But... I love this game and can't even imagine unsubbing at this point. It has it's issues (my body type 3 Cyborg Smuggler's implants move around on his face like liquid metal or something), but, Bioware has shown that they are more than willing to keep working to improve the game, so those things just don't really matter to me. I know they'll be fixed eventually and frankly, I'm just having too much fun right now to care.

I'm honestly starting to wonder if it's not because of what type of player I am. I'm more of a dabbler than anything else. I'm not a hardcore "end gamer" (I've been here since launch and my highest toon is level 40.. though I have about 17-18 alts ranging from 11-30), I'm not a hardcore PVPer (I've played plenty of matches, and they're fun, but I can't grind them... it's just not my thing). If I were heavily into just one aspect of the game like that, maybe I'd see more of the flaws some of you see, but for me, flashpoints and warzones are just a fun diversion from the story elements. Which is the main thing I love about the game.

I love the stories Bioware has crafted and I love the epic feeling you get when you're fighting a story related boss. When those classic starwars musical themes kick in during fights like this, I just get chills. I love the voice acted side quests and how much they add to the over all feel of the planets. It really drive home the conflicts you're dealing with. It' a lot easier for me to stomach killing 30 imperials in a factory after the quest giver explains why it's necessary. It makes the questing feel like less of a grind to me... I'm just having fun with the story. The whole "leveling up" part while I'm enjoying the story is just gravy. Unlike other games where it feel like the main goal is to level up. Sure, leveling up is the goal here as well, it's just way more fun and it happens without you having to worry about it.

Anyway, with all of the complaining that goes on here (and I realize the complainers are normally louder than the rest of us), I just wanted to see a show of hands for others like me that despite it's flaws, simply love their time within the world of TOR. It's been a fun ride so far for me and as soon as I finish my level 40 Vanguard's story, I plan on delving back into the story for that Cyborg Smuggler I mentioned earlier. Sure, he has jelly face with the moving cyborg implants, but since he's an evil SOB, the creepiness of that might actually work. ;)

I cancelled a couple of weeks ago but kept playing till my time ran out, it didn't run out on the 19th like it was supposed to but kept going till today. I resubbed again this morning so yeah i guess even with my disappointments with aspects of the game i'm addicted.

don't worry, you're not alone, everyone whos addicted is just not on the forums and having fun playing, unless like me they cant play right now. :)

You are more correct than you think, I have read some data mining from other companies, pretty much less than 20% of the total game population even read the forums or return to them for anything after account creation, I know several guildies that never read the forums, I have a feeling that mining is true for most mmo's give or take a few % points.

OP you aren't alone in being in-love with this game. Yes it has bugs here and there (what game wouldn't? because there's no perfect game without bugs) The most people you see on the forums are just QQers and Ragers who are mad they can't be anywhere as good as people in game. That and the fact most of them lack common sense to understand the basic info BioWare has announced to everyone.

Total Addict here!

I think my optimism about this game also lies in the fact that I have never played any other MMO and have only played KOTOR I and II for comparison...

I love Star Wars, I love how they have created the content here and I love hanging out with the friends I made here...

I cancelled a couple of weeks ago but kept playing till my time ran out, it didn't run out on the 19th like it was supposed to but kept going till today. I resubbed again this morning so yeah i guess even with my disappointments with aspects of the game i'm addicted.

This sounds like me, my sub just ran out too, wasn't planning to resub but i did on impulse. Even though i know the game is flawed in alot of ways i still have fun playing.

It is refreshing to see some one post that they are satisfied with the game for once!

I am very happy with STWOR myself. It brings a lot of unique or rarely seen features to the table. While the bugs are annoying and the constant changes to game aspects can be frustrating, I am very happy to see that BW is handing out free game time as compensation for our wasted efforts and frustration. I am very impressed with the game overall so far. I am sure the BW teams are working hard to address the major issues such as cross server LFG and PvP tools and severely underpopulated servers as well as finishing up the game content that they originally envisioned.

Until then I will be waiting semi-patiently and having fun with the game as it is. Kudos. :cool:

don't worry, you're not alone, everyone whos addicted is just not on the forums and having fun playing, unless like me they cant play right now. :)

Addicted? No. :) Enjoying a great deal, yes.

But that will end as the weather changes and summer arrives. Too many things going on to sit inside at the computer. Will be fun to see what develops over the summer though when I get back in Sept.!

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with posting bugs/issues with the game on the forums, but all of the "FIX NOW OR UNSUBBING!" type posts are insane to me. There's plenty of things I wish they'd fix (and I'm sure they will), but there isn't one single bug/flaw big enough to make me unsub at this point. If you're personally not having fun with the game anymore, I'm not saying that you're wrong for unsubbing or anything like that. But most of those posts don't come off as someone who doesn't like the game. More like that boss who thinks yelling at his employees and giving ultimatums is better alternative than trying to be understanding and constructive.

I want them to fix the issues too... just not bad enough to deny myself the awesome time I'm having by unsubbing. ;)

If I had time to blow thru content, yah I would be bored, but since I keep myself busy in that other place with people I get little time to do everything I want to so it keeps me happily coming back :D. Plus they are fixing things as fast as they can, and trying new things as well so atm I'm satisfied.

First game since eq1 that's kept me coming back after 3 months of playing so doing something right lol :D

Ghrunn Felshard, DS Vanguard 50, valor 64

Order of Methedras, Corellians Run

You are more correct than you think, I have read some data mining from other companies, pretty much less than 20% of the total game population even read the forums or return to them for anything after account creation, I know several guildies that never read the forums, I have a feeling that mining is true for most mmo's give or take a few % points.

I think the number is much lower for SWTOR. I'm guessing less than 10%.

On topic: I created a forum account early on, but then had no real interest during the development of the game. I got invited to the weekend betas, got hooked, and have played pretty much every day since pre-launch. ETA until next play session: 9 minutes.

Edited by Kthx

I think the number is much lower for SWTOR. I'm guessing less than 10%.

On topic: I created a forum account early on, but then had no real interest during the development of the game. I got invited to the weekend betas, got hooked, and have played pretty much every day since pre-launch. ETA until next play session: 9 minutes.

My only time slot for play during the week is 9PM - 1AM. When my kids are asleep. :D

My wife works nights and I try not to play when she has an off day, but as soon as she starts watching CSI or some other show I have no interest in, I normally try to sneak off. :p

Edited by Galbatorrix

I was going to sub sub and right before it wore out I started playing more again and infact I said I was still going to unsub, but my subscription ran out right in the middle of playing. So I resubscribed and now I don't want to leave, even with GW2 creeping up around the corner.

Wife and I play pretty much every afternoon for a couple of hours. We each have one Level 50 and a mid-40s character. Still enjoying it.

Unfortunately, my copy of Skyrim is collecting dust.

Edited by GreySix

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.