Please put a Rakghoul DNA vendor on the Fleet after the event ends!!!

wilcofan

The vendor on Tatooine has been camped by a raid of Rebuplic players each time I visited it this week making it nearly impossible to purchase anything from the vendor. Can we please have a Fleet vendor so that we can turn in our leftover DNA's.

been chased by imps all week even when I dont attack them.

One 12k hp sorcerer still have the cheek to tell me he's been nice etc etc after killing me so many times.

Finally I leap on him and killed him in 5 seconds :p

He got another sorcerer to help him but force leap pwns them:p

No! That is not how it should be. Gather your faction and take the vendor is what you should do, not qq that it should be handed to you. PVE Server seems to have been a better choice for you.

Yes, I see this everyday - people don't seem to acknowledge how PVP works.

Quick guide for dummies:

1) you go exp/quest/daily/whatever in pvp area

2) you get ganked by higher lvl of bunch of them

3) you DON'T cry how game is bad because you got killed by another faction in PVP area

4) you don't whinne how weak they are because lvl 50 killed lvl 30

5) instead you ask on general chat for help and gather bigger/stronger group

6) you go hunt those scumbags and beat the **** out of them :cool:

7) gather satisfy after ****

8) they comeback with even greater group

9) you die again

10) rinse-repeat

Fighting for vendor last day on most populated PVP EU was just what this game needed. Also after a while there was peace (yes, you PvE servers players propably cannot imagine that on PvP servers there is much less bloodlust than on your servers - but hey, hang arround with griefers and broken mechanic :D) so everyone could finish quests in peace.

Edited by Marrond

Stephen "Fat Controller" Reid

Right now the vendor will be removed at the event's end.

The vendor may (strong emphasis - MAY) return at some point (on his own) just to allow people to spend their DNA samples.

Just Banter Steve :p

imps camped the vendor on my imbalanced server for 3 hours no one could buy anything how is a planet with total 10 republic people on it and plenty being sub 50 supposed to take out 9 lvl 50 imps guarding the vendor? i just gave my dna to a nice imp trying to help me

lol I wish my server had alot of world pvp stuff going. even as annoying as that would be with me being an empire player. (Though raising a trooper atm, cause tanking on my juggernaut is rather difficult on my current computer that barely runs the game)

No! That is not how it should be. Gather your faction and take the vendor is what you should do, not qq that it should be handed to you. PVE Server seems to have been a better choice for you.

Actually, you ever assume people can't?

For example, on Firk crystal server right now, on a given evening, the imperial fleet has around 40-80 on.

The republic fleet will have maybe 20 if it's busy.

The empire will have 30-40 50s on. The rebels will have maybe 10.

If even a small group of empire decided to camp the vendor (which they have), republic literally doesn't have the players on to counterattack. I'm actually currently running decoy so some lowbies can cash in their dna vs around 5 imps, and well... that level of griefing should never happen during an event. Not saying people shouldn't pvp when possible, but if the pvp can lockout the event due to faction imbalance, that's something wrong in how the event was planned.

Epic PVP ensued on the swiftsure for about 2 hours until server closed. At least 40 on 40 by the vendor, imps ended up winning then the pubes went off to instance 2. Either way I will have about 30 black/greens on the GTN over the next month or so.

For example, on Firk crystal server right now, on a given evening, the imperial fleet has around 40-80 on.

If even a small group of empire decided to camp the vendor (which they have), republic literally doesn't have the players on to counterattack. I'm actually currently running decoy so some lowbies can cash in their dna vs around 5 imps, and well... that level of griefing should never happen during an event. Not saying people shouldn't pvp when possible, but if the pvp can lockout the event due to faction imbalance, that's something wrong in how the event was planned.

This, people are camping a PVE event, making it impossible to hand in their tokens.

Both factions are doing it.

Its not PvP, its griefing.

Give us a vendor for another week, either where it is or on fleet.

Edited by Yonn

I agree, there needs to be a vendor to turn the DNA we have in.

WE DO NOT NEED TO GET NEW DNA!

If your server's Empire decided to be a bunch of d-bags and camp literally to the last second, we shouldn't be blammed.

I got my titles, i got my crystals and pets. I just want one last box to try and get my kira skin.

PLEASE, just let us turn in existing DNA. You're hurting nobody by doing this.

I agree, there needs to be a vendor to turn the DNA we have in.

WE DO NOT NEED TO GET NEW DNA!

If your server's Empire decided to be a bunch of d-bags and camp literally to the last second, we shouldn't be blammed.

I got my titles, i got my crystals and pets. I just want one last box to try and get my kira skin.

PLEASE, just let us turn in existing DNA. You're hurting nobody by doing this.

Why are we dbags for camping the vendor on a PVP server? If you dont like PVP you should have rolled PVE, in fact, you sound like you should have rolled RP-PVE.

I kinda concur with this. In the final hours of the event we had a about a 30 v 30 on Valkar Highway battling for the hill. The Imps would not let us get to the vendor and we finally knocked them off and held the hill for the final 20min. But then some Imps that had nothing to do with the brawl were showing up that had worked for their DNA all week and just wanted to buy a pet before the server went down. I asked our guys not to attack, but no one would let up.

I mean I get that it's PvP, but at the 5min mark, who gives a crap. I imagine that's a really sucky feeling to have worked on quests in your free time looking forward to getting a pet only to roll up on a brawl you had nothing to do with and you can't solo 30 people just to get to the vendor.

I don't have a problem with them sticking a vendor on fleet for a few weeks for people to use up their final DNA or who weren't able to get to the vendor due to it being camped. If the shoe were on the other foot for me, I'd surely want that.

At the end of the day, it's just a game. We aren't in a real war. People should get the toys they've worked for.

World PvP is:

• Greifing.
  • Ganking.
  • Zerging.
  • Killing lowbies
  • Unfair.

World PvP is not and should not be:

• Fair.

You running decoy was clever and creative given your factions disadvantage.

I kinda concur with this. In the final hours of the event we had a about a 30 v 30 on Valkar Highway battling for the hill. The Imps would not let us get to the vendor and we finally knocked them off and held the hill for the final 20min. But then some Imps that had nothing to do with the brawl were showing up that had worked for their DNA all week and just wanted to buy a pet before the server went down. I asked our guys not to attack, but no one would let up.

I mean I get that it's PvP, but at the 5min mark, who gives a crap. I imagine that's a really sucky feeling to have worked on quests in your free time looking forward to getting a pet only to roll up on a brawl you had nothing to do with and you can't solo 30 people just to get to the vendor.

I don't have a problem with them sticking a vendor on fleet for a few weeks for people to use up their final DNA or who weren't able to get to the vendor due to it being camped. If the shoe were on the other foot for me, I'd surely want that.

At the end of the day, it's just a game. We aren't in a real war. People should get the toys they've worked for.

Yeah, up until the last couple of hours everything was fine. Both sides were using the vendor with no problem. Then the Imperials decided to **** up the nice balance and camp the vendor.

Yeah, up until the last couple of hours everything was fine. Both sides were using the vendor with no problem. Then the Imperials decided to **** up the nice balance and camp the vendor.

Well uh... yeah, the dark side clouds everything.

Honestly though, there was ample time all week to hand in your dna.

On Our server we someone how managed to get 24 republics to take out the sith camping it. We have a farily active pvp population on republic side. We killed world bosses afterwords. we normally have 40 on pub side and 100 on imp side. We are still relatively imbalanced. We just mustered a force and took the imps out anyways though.

Yup. Love how all the snotfaced immature griefers are up in the thread claiming it's totally cool for 30 imps to camp the vendor, when we don't even have that many people on our fleet. Nothing wrong with world pvp with some balance. This was just griefing.

Just add a Rift-style all encompassing event vendor on each fleet, so people can cash in their currency when they have a chance. It doesn't hurt anything.

Edited by cshouston

Exactly, I would have loved an even fight for the vendor up to shutdown. But the fact is I am on a 3-1 pop server. And in any situation related to world pvp, We have little chance of winning on my server.

Lets talk about what the opposing faction gained doing this. They gained the ability to prevent folks from using a vendor with little to no threat of them being stopped. Is that fun pvp to you? Do you go around find a small child and punt them because its that easy? Any real pvper just wouldn't find that fun and would leave. Yet I saw several organized pvp guilds doing it for the LULZ for hours up until reset. That's not pvp that's greifing, and as such, the organized guilds that participated in it should be actioned against. Just like the guilds that camped inside the other sides Ilum bases and griefed players there for hours.

Edited by Adarnia

Well, not sure what was going on. I'm on a PVE server, and imps were camping the vendor area. Something like if you have the plague then you can be involuntarily flagged pvp? I saw a lot of reps who came out to turn in stuff last minute who got jumped by 10+ imps. Kinda sad really, if you die, you come back without it, so basically they were there to 1 time gank with no chance of retaliation. Pretty pathetic.

Anyways, after getting a crystal, I found enough people with leftovers to get one companion box, and it isn't even usable by any of my companions. Really guys?