Curious if Bioware is getting rid of PvP...?

DarkHelsing

Patch 1.2 was a pretty big slap in the face to PvPers. Open World PvP is dead. I'm on a PvP server and there seems no point to it. The countless hours it takes to farm for just one piece of PvP gear now, versus getting several pieces of gear via one Raid. Class balance being at the worst I've seen, even from beta. And a Que system that places pugs versus 8 player pre-mades.

Ok, so all that sucks, and lots of it is opinion based. But.....

When I go to heal my teammate in PvP and get stunned by the Rhakghoul Event. When I'm .8 seconds from capping Turret and get stunned by the Rahkghoul Event, long enough for reinforcements to stop me all together. When I see a Scoundrel get pulled from stealth because he's suffering from the Rhakghoul Event.... So this PvE event is messing with PvP, and while I laugh and sigh at the same time, I can only wonder if Bioware is attempting to remove PvP from the game all together. That's the only thing that makes sense to the increasing segregation in gear paths, increase segregation in class balance, and the increasing segregation in the reward system.

I for one would like to know, so I know what to expect and remove any further disappointment from lost hope.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patch 1.2 was a pretty big slap in the face to PvPers. Open World PvP is dead. I'm on a PvP server and there seems no point to it. The countless hours it takes to farm for just one piece of PvP gear now, versus getting several pieces of gear via one Raid. Class balance being at the worst I've seen, even from beta. And a Que system that places pugs versus 8 player pre-mades.

When I go to heal my teammate in PvP and get stunned by the Rhakghoul Event. When I'm .8 seconds from capping Turret and get stunned by the Rahkghoul Event, long enough for reinforcements to stop me all together. When I see a Scoundrel get pulled from stealth because he's suffering from the Rhakghoul Event.... So this PvE event is messing with PvP, and while I laugh and sigh at the same time, I can only wonder if Bioware is attempting to remove PvP from the game all together. That's the only thing that makes sense to the increasing segregation in gear paths, increase segregation in class balance, and the increasing segregation in the reward system.

I for one would like to know, so I know what to expect and remove any further disappointment from lost hope.

If I am infected I will use the vaccine before PvPing so that don't happen.

You will probably get banned for spreading misinformation. I hope you feel it was worth it to fool the two people you tricked.

The only effect the event has is if you are infected and die while in a feverish state you will blow up and infect others you splatter over. You can also die from the disease if you're in feverish state too long without dying. It takes roughly an hour, I've died a grand total of one time from being feverish as I managed to go 4 straight warzones without a single death. The chances of you doing that is very rare, you'd have to be a healer and probably on a premade, and you'd have to manage to avoid getting focused or chain cc'ed to death.

In open world PVP yes maybe you keel over from the disease. Haven't had that happen to me personally but I can take your word for it. But definitely not in warzones, which you claim it stopped you from capping a node at, which is just impossible.

If I am infected I will use the vaccine before PvPing so that don't happen.

I hear ya. In order to PvP without being effected by the PvE event, you have to participate in the PvE event by buying the antidote.

Bioware, are you getting this?

You will probably get banned for spreading misinformation. I hope you feel it was worth it to fool the two people you tricked.

The only effect the event has is if you are infected and die while in a feverish state you will blow up and infect others you splatter over. You can also die from the disease if you're in feverish state too long without dying. It takes roughly an hour, I've died a grand total of one time from being feverish as I managed to go 4 straight warzones without a single death. The chances of you doing that is very rare, you'd have to be a healer and probably on a premade, and you'd have to manage to avoid getting focused or chain cc'ed to death.

In open world PVP yes maybe you keel over from the disease. Haven't had that happen to me personally but I can take your word for it. But definitely not in warzones, which you claim it stopped you from capping a node at, which is just impossible.

Well, it will be easy to find out... either I get banned for misinformation... or I don't get banned because it's not misinformation.

Either way, thanks for the bump.

I hear ya. In order to PvP without being effected by the PvE event, you have to participate in the PvE event by buying the antidote.

Why do you consider this a PvE event? This is an event end of story.

You should have capitalized on it since some of this was in a pvp area. You missed out on being zoned in to wz 24/7.

You can just buy the vaccine at the stim vendor on the fleet for $2k creds each.

So you're one of those people, I see.

How many times has this actually happened to you? Be honest. Maybe once? I've never had it happen personally so either I'm super duper lucky or you're making a mountain out of a molehill like everyone else on these forums.

They are definitely not getting rid of pvp, though there have been minor setbacks. As for the rakghoul event, (which has increased world pvp on pvp servers, It is unfortunate you've been effected like this, I've never had a real issue, and as someone else mentioned, there is a cure. It's 2k, (kinda sucks) but if it's really an issue, then the cure is worth it.

I don't believe 8 man queueing is possible yet, so the only premades are 4 premades + 4 pugs, or if lucky, 2 premades that work well together hitting the same match. Those 4 pugs lose matches for premades... constantly. It's annoying.

As for your other statement. A raid (played well) takes about 2 hours at least, and has 4-5 bosses. Each boss drops maybe 4 pieces of gear. That's 20 pieces divided by 8 (assuming an 8 man raid), or 2.5 pieces per person. However, just because it drops something, doesn't mean it's for you, or useful, or that it will go to you. I've done raids where I received nothing, and some raids I made out with 2 pieces. For atleast 2hrs work, assuming no wipes and decent clearing.

A win in a warzone (like playing well in a raid) is about 120 comms or more, and It is not unreasonable to receive 3-4 matches an hour. (Huttball is the longest, but must be won early for best reards.) That's 6-8 games, or 720-960 comms + your daily 99 comms. Should be about enough to buy a guaranteed useful piece of gear.

(And correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't an Operation lock out upon completion until the next week?)

You get stunned when you are running , get knocked out of stealth also when you are attempting to transform (or explode if you wait long enough) in WZ's just like if you are sitting in fleet, I've exploded from it also (not exploded from dying to a player, just from the disease) so you do not know what you are talking about, it does wreck pvp, and its not just oh I'll use x to get rid of it, you die, gets rid of that, and then you kill someone in pvp and it spreads back to you again and again and again.

But I do agree with the OP, bugs during WZ's just getting worse, exploits that are not being fixed or simply ignored, performance is the worst in WZ's when its not an issue in PvE, balance is TERRIBLE and yes worse than beta and on release, I've unsubbed, and if its not fixed before the free month is over then I'm out, not paying for a game like this that's for sure, specially since I'm in it only to PVP.

Edited by KalTorrak

Why do you consider this a PvE event? This is an event end of story.

You should have capitalized on it since some of this was in a pvp area. You missed out on being zoned in to wz 24/7.

lol, I will say I'm glad I missed out on that one.

The event is PvE because nothing you do PvP based can help you deal with it. If it was an overall event that was for both PvE and PvP, then their would be an avenue of approaching the event via PvP and there is not. (unless getting knocked out of stealth or stun locked during PvP is Bioware's idea of an avenue of approach, which if is it, I digress)

lol, I will say I'm glad I missed out on that one.

The event is PvE because nothing you do PvP based can help you deal with it. If it was an overall event that was for both PvE and PvP, then their would be an avenue of approaching the event via PvP and there is not. (unless getting knocked out of stealth or stun locked during PvP is Bioware's idea of an avenue of approach, which if is it, I digress)

You can get all the vendor rewards by strickly pvp'ing. Not sure what you're talking about.

Patch 1.2 was a pretty big slap in the face to PvPers.

This is as far as I got. I'm going to start drinking a shot every time I see this phrase on the forums.

It's a slap in the face! QQ QQ

Edited by belialle

So you're one of those people, I see.

How many times has this actually happened to you? Be honest. Maybe once? I've never had it happen personally so either I'm super duper lucky or you're making a mountain out of a molehill like everyone else on these forums.

I guess that's in the perception of how you read my post. This event is a single piece to a larger puzzle that has me curious... as the subject title indicates. So I would say I'm making a molehill out of a molehill, or a mountain out of a mountain. Read my thread less like I'm in an upset mood, and more like I'm just curious and then perhaps you won't be like everyone else on these forums that thinks the way they perceive something is the only way it is.

Edited by DarkHelsing

I guess that's in the perception of how you read my post. This event is a single piece to a larger puzzle that has me curious... as the subject title indicates. So I would say I'm making a molehill out of a molehill, or a mountain out of a mountain. Read my thread less like I'm in an upset mood, and more like I'm just curious and then perhaps you won't be like everyone else on these forums that thinks the way they perceive something is the only way it is.

Oh, I see. So you're legitimately asking if BW is intentionally alienating and trying to eliminate their own customer base for no other reason than corporate masochism?

Least you were upfront that you had nothing to contribute because you didn't read past the first sentence.

Again, the event incorporated a pvp aspect, so I'm not sure why you're still going on about it. It had both a PvE element and a PvP element, if you failed to get the PvP element of it, you missed out on a fun event.

You can get all the vendor rewards by strickly pvp'ing. Not sure what you're talking about.

I mean, I haven't heard a broadcast to stay out of Hutt-Ball, or stay away from Alderaan Civil War because an outbreak has hit the contestants or the front line. You only hear stuff for the event in PvE based situations.

Again, the event incorporated a pvp aspect, so I'm not sure why you're still going on about it. It had both a PvE element and a PvP element, if you failed to get the PvP element of it, you missed out on a fun event.

Oh wait... hang on. You weren't stating a bug or something, you were stating they had a PvP based WZ event?

Yup, missed it. So I digress on that part of the issue, knock item #562 off the list.

They are definitely not getting rid of pvp, though there have been minor setbacks. As for the rakghoul event, (which has increased world pvp on pvp servers, It is unfortunate you've been effected like this, I've never had a real issue, and as someone else mentioned, there is a cure. It's 2k, (kinda sucks) but if it's really an issue, then the cure is worth it.

I don't believe 8 man queueing is possible yet, so the only premades are 4 premades + 4 pugs, or if lucky, 2 premades that work well together hitting the same match. Those 4 pugs lose matches for premades... constantly. It's annoying.

As for your other statement. A raid (played well) takes about 2 hours at least, and has 4-5 bosses. Each boss drops maybe 4 pieces of gear. That's 20 pieces divided by 8 (assuming an 8 man raid), or 2.5 pieces per person. However, just because it drops something, doesn't mean it's for you, or useful, or that it will go to you. I've done raids where I received nothing, and some raids I made out with 2 pieces. For atleast 2hrs work, assuming no wipes and decent clearing.

A win in a warzone (like playing well in a raid) is about 120 comms or more, and It is not unreasonable to receive 3-4 matches an hour. (Huttball is the longest, but must be won early for best reards.) That's 6-8 games, or 720-960 comms + your daily 99 comms. Should be about enough to buy a guaranteed useful piece of gear.

(And correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't an Operation lock out upon completion until the next week?)

^

Just thought I'd quote myself, as attempting to give reasonable, polite feedback to your question seems to have gotten lost among the name calling and bickering. My apoligies for doing so.

May I also point out, that a raid can take hours, even days to organize and schedule, where as in Pvp you can solo queue and potentially be earning some reward, even if it's a loss for 70-80 comms?

I don't believe Bioware is purposefully trying to ditch pvp, or that the content/rewards is lopsided towards Pve. just my thoughts.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.