The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Multiple healers still have pvp broken.

Crawelc

That is untrue if you have 6 to 7 as good dps as the healers are (1). But you need to focus fire (2) and use interrupts. Even for several healers working together (3) it's quite hard to survive a focus fire, and it is impossible with a tank's protection.

So it would necessite 3 healers and 3 tanks to have a "virtually unkillable" team ? I don't see how you one can think it as an issue. Of course you cannot kill a team with only healers and tanks, nor should you be able to!

(1) Most of the time this "as good" is the only issue. If the healers outplay you, then you would see them as unkillable.

(2) I'm a healer myself and sometime I feel ignored by the opposite team to a point making me wonder if humankind is or is not beyong any hope of salvation...

In such case I go in the middle of the fight, not hiding me in the slicest and tell the opposite team using /say command : "Focus me you idiots, I'm a healer!"... and I still get ignored.

(3) Even 3 healers working together cannot be everywhere. There is 2 doors at voidstar, 3 points at CW and novare, unless the opposite team got 6 to 9 healers (and as much tanks? ^^) they cannot be unkillable everywhere all the time.

It's harder to find 6 DPS that knows what they're doing than 3 healers that know what they are doing. Usually you get 3 guys that know what they're doing and 3 guys that don't, and 3 healers can survive against that pretty well.

Unkillable doesn't necessarily require 'never die', when dealing with objective based maps like Voidstar. Sure you can kill a healer every minute but that's well below the respawn rate. That said such a team would've a hard time winning on the same map too due to a lack of DPS, so it's still fair.

ATTENTION EVERY HEALER: you are bad. MMO PVP doesnt need heals: it needs abstract and involved pvp and game mechanics. Stop pretending like you are good because you healed a competent DPS. You are a means to and end: real classes are ends in themselves. Stop leeching off the accomplishments of others.

ATTENTION EVERY HEALER: you are bad. MMO PVP doesnt need heals: it needs abstract and involved pvp and game mechanics. Stop pretending like you are good because you healed a competent DPS. You are a means to and end: real classes are ends in themselves. Stop leeching off the accomplishments of others.

Lol this thread is full of tards. *********** pathetic.

You clearly don't pvp. Anyone who has traversed the gap between dps, support and healers knows: you as a healer are a worthless sack of ****. You depend entirely on your ally target's ability to kill something. Sorry JR, try playing a real class, it is much more rewarding.

You clearly don't pvp. Anyone who has traversed the gap between dps, support and healers knows: you as a healer are a worthless sack of ****. You depend entirely on your ally target's ability to kill something. Sorry JR, try playing a real class, it is much more rewarding.

That might actually be acceptable in a PvP based game. However, SWTOR is PvE based, and removing healers from the game would require completely redesigning all flashpoints and operations above Hammer Station. Do you honestly think that will happen?

All 8 of them went for the arm. All 8. AOE's (most) only hit up to 5 targets, not to mention they used CC properly as well. Within 4 minutes of me click targeting striking / force sweeping while my entire premade was dropping Aoe's, they got the door.

always thought a door rush like this would work with anyone, was afraid to mention it because:

1- haven't figured out a reliable defense

2- no one ever listens anyway :p

That might actually be acceptable in a PvP based game. However, SWTOR is PvE based, and removing healers from the game would require completely redesigning all flashpoints and operations above Hammer Station. Do you honestly think that will happen?

I love that you made this disctinction. I would never suggest that alternative, only this: play GW2. Healers are 4 ****

There were 4 healers on their team. Needless to say, we could never get a door. And when it was their turn, all 8 went for the same door and got it after a few min.

That's a clear exemple of you just being outplayed. No broken mechanics here.