why is bw not anwsering questions about us/eur transfers?

dutchmania

All questions about the transfer are directed to other posts, or they come up with a cheap answer...

Why cant they just keep us up to date about the current status ( us and european server transfer). I will keep posting untill i get an answer!!! So up 2 you now BW!!

Don't hold your breath dude! You'd think they would want to reassure their subscribers who want to play but are in desperate need of transfers or server consolidations. I played WoW for 5 years nonstop pretty much. I had high hopes for TOR as an MMO and a Star Wars game, but I've been sadly disappointed since this game came out.

Diablo 3 on 5/15 will see me unsub.

All questions about the transfer are directed to other posts, or they come up with a cheap answer...

Why cant they just keep us up to date about the current status ( us and european server transfer). I will keep posting untill i get an answer!!! So up 2 you now BW!!

They did answer, a while ago, and since then the answer has not changed.

TBH, it feels like the pitulant child in the back seat; "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

Are there transfers yet? Are there transfers yet? Are there transfers yet? Are there transfers yet?

The answer is still NO!

They did answer, a while ago, and since then the answer has not changed.

TBH, it feels like the pitulant child in the back seat; "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

Are there transfers yet? Are there transfers yet? Are there transfers yet? Are there transfers yet?

The answer is still NO!

Come on now, do you really think that is helping matters much? Shame on you.

Honestly, what more can they tell you other than it is their very top priority and it will be released the second it is ready?

i remember 2 months ago they said transfers will here soon. How soon is soon? Weeks? Months? Years?

As i have said before transfers should have been ready at launch and implemented when needed (now). Biowares fault for not preparing for this.

Come on now, do you really think that is helping matters much? Shame on you.
In fairness, the original post isn't helping matters, either.

Bioware has been providing us with information. The Asia-Pacific transfers are the test run of the game's character transfer tech. If these transfers go well, they can expand the tech and offer it to the general population; in its current state the process is not robust enough to handle general use. If there are problems with the Asia-Pacific transfers, they will have to revisit the process and character transfers will come later. In either case, developing a functional character transfer system is the developer's top priority.

As i have said before transfers should have been ready at launch and implemented when needed (now). Biowares fault for not preparing for this.
It's their fault for not predicting a complication resulting from a new system that no title has utilized before SWTOR? Really? They can't see the future, you know.

They had the same transfer tech in place at launch that every MMORPG currently uses. It was impossible to know that the process would corrupt information originating from the Legacy System. You would do well to drop the high-and-mighty attitude and realize that events in the real world don't occur to the perfect script you have in your head.

It's their fault for not predicting a complication resulting from a new system that no title has utilized before SWTOR? Really? They can't see the future, you know.

They had the same transfer tech in place at launch that every MMORPG currently uses. It was impossible to know that the process would corrupt information originating from the Legacy System. You would do well to drop the high-and-mighty attitude and realize that events in the real world don't occur to the perfect script you have in your head.

No one can "see the future" ofc, but they also get paid $30 million a month to anticipate what the average person might not have anticipated. And while we're at it, let's assume it was impossible to predict that "the process would corrupt information originating from the Legacy System".... is it also impossible to TEST the transfer process and fix it in a timely fashion? You castigate people for expressing their frustations over a product they PAY for as if this was a favor. I hate to break it to you, but if you didn't get what you feel is owed to you anywhere in life, you would complain and if nothing was done, you would stop paying for that service. It seems to me a lot of apologists in these forums are buying into the "we are developing the tech for (insert something other mmo's developed 5 years ago here.)"

It seems to me a lot of apologists in these forums are buying into the "we are developing the tech for (insert something other mmo's developed 5 years ago here.)"

And China sent man in space 42 years later than USSR because they were being lazy, not because they had to develop proper technology for that(after all, that was already done)

Fanboy number one, strikes again.

i remember 2 months ago they said transfers will here soon. How soon is soon? Weeks? Months? Years?

2 months ago they were referring to Aussie transfers, which are here. What's your point?

And China sent man in space 42 years later than USSR because they were being lazy, not because they had to develop proper technology for that(after all, that was already done)

I'm going to assume you're being sarcastic (I cannot tell since obviously English is not your first language.) If you are trying to make an analogy between 1961 China to 1961 USSR or USA (the only 2 countries at the time capable of space travel) and between Bioware and Blizzard....well....I just don't know what to say. Is your point that Bioware is trying their very best but they have internal company problems such as famine or lack of electricity that will take them many years to overcome? You realize Bioware/EA are top companies in gaming with similar resources to Blizzard? This is not a 4 man Indie company working out of a garage in New Jersey.

Btw, its not that they are not responding but people just want some information about the progress they are making. They could tell us its almost done so me and other players could choose to reroll or just wait. Got 24 full days played just on my main char but now i cant make any progress cause there is just none to play with. Guild went from 20 peeps online to max 2. Fleet 20 people max at primetime ( not all lvl 50). Even tried to do bthm had 1 dps after 45 min of spamming. Dont get me wrong i really like this game but its just information that im after. After all im paying them and all i ask in return is current info and not the same s#%$ info over and over again.

BW doesn't answer the same question twice. If they've answered it in the past (they have answered this one) and the answer hasn't changed, they say nothing. That is how they work.

So if i get it right they told us why they arent updating the current progress?

Asia-Pacific players are going to be able to transfer their toons, common sense would tell you that transfers for everyone else are right around the corner. You don't have to be a fanboy to figure that out, you just need to be competent

OP is just trying to stir up trouble

Btw, its not that they are not responding but people just want some information about the progress they are making. They could tell us its almost done so me and other players could choose to reroll or just wait. Got 24 full days played just on my main char but now i cant make any progress cause there is just none to play with. Guild went from 20 peeps online to max 2. Fleet 20 people max at primetime ( not all lvl 50). Even tried to do bthm had 1 dps after 45 min of spamming. Dont get me wrong i really like this game but its just information that im after. After all im paying them and all i ask in return is current info and not the same s#%$ info over and over again.

^ This

Are people (myself included) asking for transfers? Of course.

Do we know they're working on it? Yup.

Are we getting updated regularly? Nope.

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for updates once in a while. When the only "answer" people are getting lately is the "please see these posts (which consequently have no new info other than more questions and comments from players) for reference", it's easy to see why people get frustrated and think Bioware = The Honey Badger.

Moal

^ This

Are people (myself included) asking for transfers? Of course.

Do we know they're working on it? Yup.

Are we getting updated regularly? Nope.

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for updates once in a while. When the only "answer" people are getting lately is the "please see these posts (which consequently have no new info other than more questions and comments from players) for reference", it's easy to see why people get frustrated and think Bioware = The Honey Badger.

Moal

atleast someone who understands:)

why is bw not anwsering questions about us/eur transfers?

If you haven't noticed by now, a big part of BioWare's communication strategy with customers is very similar to a "need to know" basis. BioWare doesn't tell you things that get your hopes up in case it's wrong. It doesn't want the flak of the backlash you MMO players distribute any time that something changes. To prevent that, BioWare tells you nothing. I appreciate and understand this policy. It doesn't keep you up-to-date because it doesn't know when these things will happen. Therefore, you are told nothing until it's ready. You know it's coming. Sit tight.

If you haven't noticed by now, a big part of BioWare's communication strategy with customers is very similar to a "need to know" basis. BioWare doesn't tell you things that get your hopes up in case it's wrong. It doesn't want the flak of the backlash you MMO players distribute any time that something changes. To prevent that, BioWare tells you nothing. I appreciate and understand this policy. It doesn't keep you up-to-date because it doesn't know when these things will happen. Therefore, you are told nothing until it's ready. You know it's coming. Sit tight.

true, but they could just say what you just did haha