Shinarika - Shadow Breaker [Ultimate Jedi Shadow/Sith Assassin Guide]

Xinika

We're losing interest in this game, sadly. Lack of rateds, dying servers, boring objectives, pugs. This game has lost it's touch and it's evident BW's incompetence is ongoing. My patience is wearing thin.

The worst part for me is that every Warzone is objective-based.

What happened to the good, old, team death match, best tester of premade's skills and cooperation?

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. I have been watching your videos for sometime now and I just want your feedback on my stats.

I am on KB tree and currently have 4/5 WH gear, 1 Piece Black Hole and 1 Campaign on my current set up.

1568 Endurance

1527 Willpower

980 Expertise ( My end game set up would give me 1100 expertise without affecting the other stats)

(Melee)

Melee Primary Damage 882-1107 (With Force Might Buff)

Bonus Damage 492

Accuracy 96%

Crit 19%

Surge 76%

(Force)

Bonus Damage 792

Accuracy 106%

Crit 18%

Surge 76%

I can hit 5k Project most of the time and constant 3k-4k Project. Highest TK is 2.5k each.

My question is how important is the soft cap 35% crit. I have very low crit rate but i do constantly see crits on my hits which shows that it's not really an issue. I just love stacking power so much that i disregard crit and soft cap my surge. Thanks a lot :)

Hi, can I know what spec this is for?

The worst part for me is that every Warzone is objective-based.

What happened to the good, old, team death match, best tester of premade's skills and cooperation?

Seriously, I would literally pay to see something like this happen.

Oh sorry it's for my KC build :)

For KC, it's fine. KC is the least crit-dependant spec of all our trees.

Had the chance to try out that healer set bonus for the extra 50 force yet Shin?

Probably a good time to say this:

(Taken from my youtube channel)

"Hello everyone! Hope you've been enjoying my channel. I've decided to be on hiatus with SWTOR. Long story short, my guild and I have lost interest. Boring objectives, PuGs and poor decision-making from BW. I am saddened by this, because I truly love the Shadow class. It's what kept my fire burning to play. A break is a good thing. It's not good to keep a constant grind. Bad for morale. When rateds arrive, we'll give the game another shot. I'll continue producing entertainment. Stay tuned :)"

Well Shin sorry to see your takin a break too. I'm on free time til June 18th. I'm hopin Xfers drop by then. I will come back once they do. My server is so dead. No action and I'm stuck at 6 WH pieces.

It's so sad to see bioware blunder and bore good players away. Such a shame how they have handled this game so far.

Hope u come back Shin. Hate to see a fellow shadow go.

For KC, it's fine. KC is the least crit-dependant spec of all our trees.

Probably a good time to say this:

(Taken from my youtube channel)

"Hello everyone! Hope you've been enjoying my channel. I've decided to be on hiatus with SWTOR. Long story short, my guild and I have lost interest. Boring objectives, PuGs and poor decision-making from BW. I am saddened by this, because I truly love the Shadow class. It's what kept my fire burning to play. A break is a good thing. It's not good to keep a constant grind. Bad for morale. When rateds arrive, we'll give the game another shot. I'll continue producing entertainment. Stay tuned :)"

FWIW, you're about 3 weeks behind me. I loved Shadow and the concept behind this game, but BW has successfully screwed it to the point i'm not going to pay to play anymore. Like you, Rateds, cross server queuing (PvP and PVE), poor economy, and lack of anything original (aside from Space AIDS) is what did it.

Can understand people taking a break.

For me, I'm still loving the game and loving my shadow but my guild and I are only really now starting to get working on proper premades so its still fun for us to win :D

However, lets face it, endgame is dull. EV and KP, whilst they are great raids, they are quite easy and as a consequence, most raiders have had full rakata for a while. FPs are great, but there is 0 reason to repeat them due to terrible gear drops. Gear itemisation is rubbish, there are four tiers of gear, no side-grades or substitutes, so very plain and boring, especially when you can skip the first one or two tiers. For pvp, there is only warzones, and only 4 of them...its repetitive!

So, whilst I'm still enjoying the game and will continue to play for months, I can understand people leaving and have noticed my server steadily dying. In the last two weeks alone, it has gone from 1-5minutes wz queue pops as a 4man premade to 15-45mins minutes.

Cross-server queuing and rateds would be great. More WZ's would be great.

Team-deathmatch games would be an unmitigated failure for this game, though. The game isn't designed for it and class balance would completely fall apart. The forum tears would drown us all. Be careful what you wish for.

Cross-server queuing and rateds would be great. More WZ's would be great.

Team-deathmatch games would be an unmitigated failure for this game, though. The game isn't designed for it and class balance would completely fall apart. The forum tears would drown us all. Be careful what you wish for.

Better than these awful/boring objectives that are (without a doubt) highly class-biased.

Glad I'm not alone. I can pvp for hours and my thirst to fight players isn't always satisfied. Every Wz is about something other than fighting. Cap this run here arm door etc.

If we can duel on the fleets some of our lack of fighting could be appeased.

Meh, play to have fun. I regularly 1v1 either people I know from pub side or enemies I have come to know, and it's quite fun. I don't go out of my way to do so, but if after the first Voidstar door is capped we'll sometimes get into a duel in the first area because they spawned too quick to catch the area change. Easier on turret WZs because solo defenders are pretty common, but in Pub vs Pub it's often "Get to the middle of east and west <Name of person> and come fight me!" Crushing Imps is good, but no one really cares about winning versus allies on our server anyway.

Glad I'm not alone. I can pvp for hours and my thirst to fight players isn't always satisfied. Every Wz is about something other than fighting. Cap this run here arm door etc.

This.

In Warhammer:AoR scenario result depended on both killing players and capping objectives. If you had an awesome premade, you could smear enemy team all over the place continuesly, screwing the objectives altogether. Golden times.

About team death match generating tears...Of course it would, that's all it is about. Bragging, trash-talking, name and shaming...These are parts of good PvP enviroment, they make you want to improve, progress and compete.

These forums are all about care bearing though. I mean, yesterday I typed "F" and then I put 3 "*" after it and I got a warning already.

Yes I got a warning eventhough I censoured my own vulgarity <facepalm>.

There is a reason why most of the proper PvP guilds have left.

Glad I'm not alone. I can pvp for hours and my thirst to fight players isn't always satisfied. Every Wz is about something other than fighting. Cap this run here arm door etc. .

I love this post because it really does hit the nail with the hammer. I find that I am just not satisfied with PvP's objective-based state. It really doesn't soothe my bloodthirst to kill players :p. It's, too easy and even worse, unbalanced in favour of overall-balanaced classes. When I say overall, I mean they don't just have burst or dps, they have the ability to survive, group utility, damage and or heal.

IE: Ladispute (Our impenetrable guardian tank) can defend a door/node and he can solo 6 GEARED people more than long enough for us to come defend him. Let's not even talk about Huttball. Our sents' (yeah we have a few :)) simply pop trans. and ball running becomes a laughable joke.

Where's the outskilling in this factor? There's simply outclassing. I hope they do something, because it's just too... well... boring. I do miss my Shadow though and I will make another movie in the future.

Uhh not really, yeah it mitigates some Dmg, but not to the point where the survivability is gamebreaking as an all out dps spec VG have you even played one?

Passive Mitigation is a lot more useful than periodic negation.

Passive Mitigation is a lot more useful than periodic negation.

Both hold good grounds, but I don't expect to see any further passive defenses added to any spec besides possibly infil.

Edited by Xinika

I love this post because it really does hit the nail with the hammer. I find that I am just not satisfied with PvP's objective-based state. It really doesn't soothe my bloodthirst to kill players :p. It's, too easy and even worse, unbalanced in favour of overall-balanaced classes. When I say overall, I mean they don't just have burst or dps, they have the ability to survive, group utility, damage and or heal.

IE: Ladispute (Our impenetrable guardian tank) can defend a door/node and he can solo 6 GEARED people more than long enough for us to come defend him. Let's not even talk about Huttball. Our sents' (yeah we have a few :)) simply pop trans. and ball running becomes a laughable joke.

Where's the outskilling in this factor? There's simply outclassing. I hope they do something, because it's just too... well... boring. I do miss my Shadow though and I will make another movie in the future.

Hey buddy Nos here. What are you playing now and what server?

Hey buddy Nos here. What are you playing now and what server?

I'm taking a break. I have a DH on Diablo 3, but my break is kind of in general to gaming on a whole :p. Anyways, heard the imps couldn't be happier since our break, although, Lion and Ladispute went back for a day and showed them who's in charge.:o

Edited by Xinika

About team death match generating tears...Of course it would, that's all it is about. Bragging, trash-talking, name and shaming...These are parts of good PvP enviroment, they make you want to improve, progress and compete.

That's not the type of tears I mean… I'm talking, "my class/spec is useless in pvp" or "class/spec is ridiculously OP" type tears. We already get tons of that, but it would be much worse and more importantly much more justified.

Better than these awful/boring objectives that are (without a doubt) highly class-biased.

It's right that certain WZ's favor certain classes/specs due to unique utility. Although, even with the extreme case of huttball, there's quite a lot of classes (probably most even) that can and do get complained about for being able to use their own versions of utility to get wins. Is it really OP when everyone is OP one way or another? It's really more that there's a select few that offer almost nothing in terms of unique utility, but even then not everyone can be a preferred ball carrier and such - there's only one ball. Someone has to do the killing and such.

I'm not going to argue about huttball though; there are clearly some winners and losers there class-wise. The big thing is, even where there are class biases in specific WZ's they can be largely solved by having more WZ's if they aren't already. If a class is good at some and worse at others it can work out in the long run as long as classes are at least viable in all.

The problem with deathmatching instead of playing objectives is that balance right now is predicated on quick-rezzing for everyone after death. Classes have a roughly equal opportunity to impact accomplishing objectives one way or another. In death matches, it's not just about getting kills - it's also about not dying and giving the other team a point. With current mechanics it is too easy to tip the scale by stacking cross healing and a few tanks to completely deny kills altogether. Such a team would be horrible in WZ's because they can't kill fast enough to accomplish any offensive objectives, but in a deathmatch game you can literally assure that the other team gets zero points. Your team would only be as good as its weakest link - it's most easily killed player. Over half the specs in the game would be instantly unviable for competitive death match. That's real tears compared to the butt-hurt whining we see a lot of now. Then the games, once everyone rolls out their all-durability squad, would be utterly boring stalemate-fests where both teams ineffectually beat on each other for 45 minutes without getting a single kill. The balance problems and stale matches are already bad enough in games like WoW where they have shorter ttk's and no legitimate tank role protection players. Swtor has better class design for objective based PvP, but it's a worse setup if translated into deathmatch. To do good competitive deathmatch PvP, you need completely different game and class design from the ground up that supports it…such a game as that may be being left unmentioned...

That's not the type of tears I mean… I'm talking, "my class/spec is useless in pvp" or "class/spec is ridiculously OP" type tears. We already get tons of that, but it would be much worse and more importantly much more justified.

It's right that certain WZ's favor certain classes/specs due to unique utility. Although, even with the extreme case of huttball, there's quite a lot of classes (probably most even) that can and do get complained about for being able to use their own versions of utility to get wins. Is it really OP when everyone is OP one way or another? It's really more that there's a select few that offer almost nothing in terms of unique utility, but even then not everyone can be a preferred ball carrier and such - there's only one ball. Someone has to do the killing and such.

I'm not going to argue about huttball though; there are clearly some winners and losers there class-wise. The big thing is, even where there are class biases in specific WZ's they can be largely solved by having more WZ's if they aren't already. If a class is good at some and worse at others it can work out in the long run as long as classes are at least viable in all.

The problem with deathmatching instead of playing objectives is that balance right now is predicated on quick-rezzing for everyone after death. Classes have a roughly equal opportunity to impact accomplishing objectives one way or another. In death matches, it's not just about getting kills - it's also about not dying and giving the other team a point. With current mechanics it is too easy to tip the scale by stacking cross healing and a few tanks to completely deny kills altogether. Such a team would be horrible in WZ's because they can't kill fast enough to accomplish any offensive objectives, but in a deathmatch game you can literally assure that the other team gets zero points. Your team would only be as good as its weakest link - it's most easily killed player. Over half the specs in the game would be instantly unviable for competitive death match. That's real tears compared to the butt-hurt whining we see a lot of now. Then the games, once everyone rolls out their all-durability squad, would be utterly boring stalemate-fests where both teams ineffectually beat on each other for 45 minutes without getting a single kill. The balance problems and stale matches are already bad enough in games like WoW where they have shorter ttk's and no legitimate tank role protection players. Swtor has better class design for objective based PvP, but it's a worse setup if translated into deathmatch. To do good competitive deathmatch PvP, you need completely different game and class design from the ground up that supports it…such a game as that may be being left unmentioned...

Fix Resolve.

Arena.

Edited by Xinika

It appears that your request has been answered, at least to some extent (3:40 in):

Edited by Pumpp