Fastest LI HM run

Right... Pre-50+couple columi... And how did you manage to heal your tank from that 4x5k bombs+dots+heal dps from aoe dmg+heal yourself and what about enrage timers?

I would believe you if you wiped on the robot. Not Donkey Kong.

Not sure if trolling or just incompetent at playing easy video games. I've tanked and DPS'ed HM LI many times, and if your DPS or tank are too retarded to interrupt Incinerate (tanks can actually solo interrupt it by themselves; if you're fast enough on the interrupt, you won't get a single tick of Incinerate) and/or move out of the easy to see lightning/fire then yeah, you're going to have a problem with the droid.

The only real heavy damage you should be taking is from the uninterruptable channeled spell that the droid occasionally casts on a random player.

Edited by Exertim

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just did Lost Island hard for the first time last night and we got it, but it was really hard for our all melee team.

As a sentinel I felt less useful than normal on the droid, but we got him down with bursts. Dr. Lorrick I felt more capable but felt like I had a hard time dodging the green on the ground so would love any tips for staying out of that. The timer on the circles is so short I mostly couldn't get away in time and would love to know how to do that better. Thankfully our healer was great on the cleanses, but want to see if I can make it smoother next time.

Satchels can be dodged. But pre 50 gear is going to mean the adds are spawning with much higher HP. The hard mode bosses also just plain hit hard. I love me some non face roll dungeons too but a group made up of 4 people in pre 50 gear are not beating this flashpoint on HM. I also find it funny one of the guys who thinks its possible called the droids channeled attack "heavy" damage. That attack is a joke. Sounds like the usual band of hardcore raider wannabes trying to say Soa's old bugs couldn't cause a wipe on nmm to a guy with an infernal title said it could.

Keep acting pro, good luck with that heavy damage channeled attack.

And this whole group was in the gear that the OP described? I'm not disputing that it can be done quickly. I'm disputing that it can be done at that speed, with basically all pre-50 gear.

OP is trying to flex his epeen while trolling the 'its too hard crowd'. When he was called on his gear, he clarified the group had Columni and Rakata stuff, just his gear set had SOME mod pieces that had SOME pre-50 prototype mods.

Without knowing the stats he and each of his group had, we have no idea how geared the group was, and are simply trying to guess.

I'd assume the group understood basic gearing and stats and had the right mix / enough stats to meet the designers goals for LI, and were not some undergeared group in random mix / matched pre-50 quest greens.

Get beyond the chest thumping though and the point he is trying to make with the FP being more mechanics than anything is valid.

It is why the players that brute forced the first content and have full Rakata will struggle with this FP.

Edited by DawnAskham

OP is trying to flex his epeen while trolling the 'its too hard crowd'. When he was called on his gear, he clarified the group had Columni and Rakata stuff, just his gear set had SOME mod pieces that had SOME pre-50 prototype mods.

Without knowing the stats he and each of his group had, we have no idea how geared the group was, and are simply trying to guess.

I'd assume the group understood basic gearing and stats and had the right mix / enough stats to meet the designers goals for LI, and were not some undergeared group in random mix / matched pre-50 quest greens.

Get beyond the chest thumping though and the point he is trying to make with the FP being more mechanics than anything is valid.

It is why the players that brute forced the first content and have full Rakata will struggle with this FP.

To be fair, Lost Island isn't really mechanic heavy also. IF you exclude "Don't stand in the bad."

I don't count don't stand in the bad, as it's MMO 101 and shouldn't be any more of a mechanic at this point than "Don't constantly OOM" is.

Playing devil's advocate, by all means LI requires more focus, and I enjoy it, but it's not exactly mechanic heavy either. A good connection, system and knowing not to stand in stuff negates almost all of the boss damage in the FP.

From a I want to have timers to beat became a I want to flash my epeen thread... geez ppl get ur head out of your *** I want to make the game challenging for my friends and I does not equate to epeen flashing. Ppl started coming back with he can't do this **** with this gear in this HM FP so no screeny and no vid = no belief and then I have to start justifying = epeen flashing? Good god ya'll what is war good for? Absolutely nothing.

If I can't ask questions like "Who has the fastest timers in HM LI?" in this forum then where the hell am I supposed to ask? Honestly gutter filled ppl get ur ***** straight.

HM LI isn't as hard as a lot make it out to be... Once you are used to the dance then its a done deal but its unforgiving fights where a slight mistake would mean a whole team having to trudge their way back to the boss making for a long walk.

The Lost Island bosses have a tonne of HP. If your DPS are in 'green and blues', they will not beat the enrage timer unless they're using some kind of hack.

The fight puts a lot of pressure on your healer. If you're clearing HM Lost Island easily, it's simply because your healer is very skilled.

Right... Pre-50+couple columi... And how did you manage to heal your tank from that 4x5k bombs+dots+heal dps from aoe dmg+heal yourself and what about enrage timers?

I would believe you if you wiped on the robot. Not Donkey Kong.

The droid is actaully the easiest fight in lost island to heal once everyone has rythm, dps and healer can take pretty much 0 damage except for the experimental cannon that targets someone which is easily healed back to full in a few secs. Most fun flashpoint in the game for me, I will agree to the orignal post that this instance requires more player skill than gear but that comes with a limit, you still need to have decent gear. Not saying full rakata or even columi but I don't see a group with pre-50 gear beating the enrage timers and mitigating some of the area damage that is taken in the fights.

Haven't actaully tryed to do a timed run but I do have times for the boss fights with videos.

LR-5 (3:13), Project Sav-rak (3:06), Transgenic Sample eleven (2:07), Dr. Lorrick (4:18)

These are just times from our first videos of this place and Im sure they can be done faster. We did do an extremly quick one with the bonus boss a few days ago trying to beat the serve shut down and this place can be down in 30-40min

Edited by Traxv

Ok let me clarify who and what are in pre-50's gear...

Tank (Juggy) - A few pieces of columi 3 pc set and columi weapon and OH with the rest either daily rakata implants and rakata crafted belt and bracer

DPS (Merc) - 2 -3 pcs of columi set and the rest either in crafted epics.

DPS (Sniper) - Brand spanking lvl 50 Sniper with blue implants orange gear with mods and stuff in lvl 42+ (we wanted to gear him up for raids by doing LI.

Healer (Sorc) - Whoever complains about sorc being underpowered right now should work harder at being better coz I ***** u not my gear was crap... (Alas for the nay sayers I have no vid coz I wasn't bothered to fraps it)... I spent some money to buy gear to be nominally capable... I bought 2 columi implants and crafted my ears (by my other chars) and crafted rakata belt and bracer... the other gears were orange and I had quite a handful of mods that were 42+.

Honestly that first night in LI HM I was frustrated because I kept messing up trying to learn the dance. Like I said I had my fair share of wipes. After that night the following nights became easier to handle because I know where I should be and where I shouldn't, I knew when to throw out massive heals even though my force power was low I could still cope with the healing. Sorcs are the only class with the imba shield and that being said its immensely useful when u know someone is about to take loads of dmg it helps keep them up that little bit longer for ur big heals to hit

I have all 3 healers Sorc/Merc/IA, my IA was the first healer I had then Merc then Sorc... IA first was because I wanted to have a healer to help my friends gear up then Merc because I wanted to get a feel of the difference in terms of AOE healing because all IA healers know that their aoe healing was close to crap before 1.2... then I saw **** loads of whining about incoming nerfs for sorcs in 1.2 so I decided ok I wanna try a sorc before patch and after patch... so I hit 50 just before 1.2 came about and I saw their OP'ness which every other healer talks about... and after 1.2 hit I didn't feel much of a pinch in terms of healing needed, btw at this point of time I've done KP/EV HM's already... with 3 pc columi and 1 rakata chest which was all from FP's...

So this is why nobody can say I've only played a sorc healer and I don't know how hard it is with any other healer classes coz as of now all my healers are geared... they aren't in full Rakata because I can't be bothered about it as its healing increase is nominal at best and I can deal with anything Bioware throws at me :p...

Lost Island is great to tank.

This weeks run was done in 36 Minutes. We also had some pre-50 pieces on our tank ... called 'Veracity Nano-Optic'.

Puging the instance on multiple occasions I know that the thing with gear and this instance has nothing to do with mechanics but especially the bonus boss is hitting quite hard and most importantly the enrage timer isn't generous enough to do it in greens no matter how well you dodge the icicles.

so we've gone from OP claiming a 45 mins run in

This is with a undergeared group where we have pre-50 gears or only a few pieces of Columi.

to

Ok let me clarify who and what are in pre-50's gear...

Tank (Juggy) - A few pieces of columi 3 pc set and columi weapon and OH with the rest either daily rakata implants and rakata crafted belt and bracer

DPS (Sniper) - Brand spanking lvl 50 Sniper with blue implants orange gear with mods and stuff in lvl 42+ (we wanted to gear him up for raids by doing LI.

Healer (Sorc) - Whoever complains about sorc being underpowered right now should work harder at being better coz I ***** u not my gear was crap... (Alas for the nay sayers I have no vid coz I wasn't bothered to fraps it)... I spent some money to buy gear to be nominally capable... I bought 2 columi implants and crafted my ears (by my other chars) and crafted rakata belt and bracer

Little bit of a change it would seem hmm? rakata belt/bracers/implants and 3 piece columi and MH and OH on the tank is hardly undergeared. he's basically ready for HM EV. The DPS gear isnt too bad either, and as we all know, these fights aren't real DPS dependant, so I'd say their gear is more than adequate, and columi implants/ear, and rakata belt/bracers isnt too bad, especially since the tank has decent gear, and the DPS won't take much dmg if they have 1/2 a brain.

Seems like a far cry from the "undergeared pre-50" group with just "a few pieces of Columi" I have no problem with somone posting a good time for LI HM, but don't exaggerate your gear when you do it. It undermines all the other peopel who are trying to post competitive times.

Edited by xJACKTHERIPPERx

Yeah maybe I should have explained more on the types of gear everyone is wearing but still its a pretty undergeared group as a whole when 1 dps is geared 1 tank is geared and healer with another dps isn't... so I should have said half the group was geared and the other wasn't...

Lost Island is great to tank.

This weeks run was done in 36 Minutes. We also had some pre-50 pieces on our tank ... called 'Veracity Nano-Optic'.

A bit off topic, but the Veracity Nano-Optic ear piece with augment slot is the best gear for the ear : you trade off 50 endurance for +70 Defense compared to the Rakata earpiece.

Healer (Sorc) - Whoever complains about sorc being underpowered right now should work harder at being better coz I ***** u not my gear was crap... (Alas for the nay sayers I have no vid coz I wasn't bothered to fraps it)... I spent some money to buy gear to be nominally capable... I bought 2 columi implants and crafted my ears (by my other chars) and crafted rakata belt and bracer... the other gears were orange and I had quite a handful of mods that were 42+.

Little bit of a change it would seem hmm? rakata belt/bracers/implants and 3 piece columi and MH and OH on the tank is hardly undergeared. he's basically ready for HM EV. The DPS gear isnt too bad either, and as we all know, these fights aren't real DPS dependant, so I'd say their gear is more than adequate, and columi implants/ear, and rakata belt/bracers isnt too bad, especially since the tank has decent gear, and the DPS won't take much dmg if they have 1/2 a brain.

Seems like a far cry from the "undergeared pre-50" group with just "a few pieces of Columi" I have no problem with somone posting a good time for LI HM, but don't exaggerate your gear when you do it. It undermines all the other peopel who are trying to post competitive times.

Honestly, i dont see anything wrong in what he said. Both DPS had at best 3 columi items. Healer had only player made and bought items. The tank was well geared after all. But still, with CRAFTED and DAILY. Items everyone can easy get, and should even be standard. Even without raiding.

So the whole group had 8 parts of columi.

Rakata bracer and belts are now pre 50 stuff. Now, after you can trade the craftig items for it, everyone with a bit of understanding of the game, would make these two when he hit level 50. Maybe even a crit one if the money is no problem.

This is still better than these "full Rakata and cant clear lost island" stuff that is posted here.

Yes, 45 min with the low DPS they might have, is good IMO.

Edited by Aritok

teemor: 4x5k dots you mean Incinerate right?? Means ur tank or dps doesn't know how to interrupt most of them? My tank solo disrupts incinerate and whatever he does get because of CD I heal and cleanse.

AOE dmg from lava? or from the blue spheres... First the lava is a stacking dot which if you don't have tunnel vision can notice which box the lava is gonna come out from... if you take only 1 stack of it the pain isn't much and easily recoverable.

AOE blue spheres the dmg is only painful if u stay in it too long which imo is another stupid thing to do, you should move your *** outside of the sphere and if there are 2 nearby go find a safe spot away from it but still in range of your tanks and dps. If you don't know how to move away from it means you suck... If you got cockblocked by the spheres because they made a wall and another one is over on that side the tank should quickly move thru one of those spheres to the other side of the room. The dmg from the spheres if its just 1 isn't as painful as it seems unless your team took **** loads of lava + adds + sphere.

Adds... 1 DPS should always manage the adds preferably a range with healing capabilities. Like my friend who is a merc takes care of whatever adds that come out and if he doesn't take too much dmg he's back on boss and I'll drop some heals on him.

Need anymore ideas on how to solve this? I wiped 10 times+ on this boss for my first night in LI HM and that was partially because it was late and a new instance for me. After that night the next couple of nights went like a breeze and it became an instant farm status for my group as we were completing it on faster timers.

1st of all - I run LI HM every week with no problems (for rak conflicts). I also have Infernal/Unyielding titles.

I'm a healer oper and our static doesn't stand in **** ofc. But this FP is very healing and movement heavy. And when ppl say 'We wiped on donkey kong because we lag' and still that lag didn't mess with their movement on robot/interrupting Incinerate - I start to doubt them. I also doubt that a sniper with lvl42 mods has enough dmg to beat very tight enrages there.

Did I say 4x5k dot? I said bombs. Dr. Lorrick, you know? Anyone who is not interrupting Incinerate should be shot out of mercy lol.

1st of all - I run LI HM every week with no problems (for rak conflicts). I also have Infernal/Unyielding titles.

I'm a healer oper and our static doesn't stand in **** ofc. But this FP is very healing and movement heavy. And when ppl say 'We wiped on donkey kong because we lag' and still that lag didn't mess with their movement on robot/interrupting Incinerate - I start to doubt them. I also doubt that a sniper with lvl42 mods has enough dmg to beat very tight enrages there.

Did I say 4x5k dot? I said bombs. Dr. Lorrick, you know? Anyone who is not interrupting Incinerate should be shot out of mercy lol.

But you do know that you can prevent these bombs? Or at least reduce them. Of course, if you heal through it, you dont have to know it. But it reduce the damage your team get by alot, and help the healer. This makes it possible for even lower geared players.

This remind me on some bosses on another MMO. "Tactic? We burn him down in 5 sec, we dont need a tactic".

And healing on LR-5 is a joke if you know the mob. And if someone is lagging, heck. he get some damage and thats it. even the incinerate is healable.

But lagging on Sav-Rak at the wrong time means you are dead. You end in the lava. Or run into the lava when lagging on running to the console.

So yes, a lagging connection on Sav-Rak cause more wipes. On LR-5 it is only a bit more work for the healer.

But even if you are not lagging:

Commando:

LR-5: 660 HPS with 23% overheal. ~3 min

Sav-Rak: 1070 HPS with 8% overheal. ~3,5 min

Dr. Lorrick: 730 HPS with 15,5% overheal. ~ 4 min

Sage:

LR-5: 860 HPS with 23% overheal. ~3,5 min.

Sav-Rak: 1080 HPS with 2% overheal. ~4 min

Dr. Lorrick: 1115 HPS with 33,5% overheal. ~6 min

LR-5 is not hard. Its only the mechanic. Sav-Rak is the hardest fight for a healer. But you know this, because you are a healer :).

Edited by Aritok

How do you prevent the bombs? Seems like he will always toss them out when he says he has some tricks up his sleeve, but as long as you face him away from the group only the tank till get hit.

Tank can strafe away from them. Everyone else should stand in back of him. Tank will still probably get hit a couple times but it shouldn't be that heal intensive.

It's not about healing at all, it's about having a tank who knows how to avoid stuff.

Edited by hulkweazel

Tank can strafe away from them. Everyone else should stand in back of him. Tank will still probably get hit a couple times but it shouldn't be that heal intensive.

It's not about healing at all, it's about having a tank who knows how to avoid stuff.

Oh ok cool. I just assumed he threw them in front of him and that he would always face the tank so the tank getting hit by them was unavoidable.

Around an hour for a group I did it with last night. 1 Assassin tank, 2 Sorc DPS, 1 Sorc healer. The inquisition was too much for Doctor Lorrick! We wiped once on Lorrick due to bad positioning but otherwise it was fairly quick. Oneshotted each boss. Tank had tionese mainhand and columi chest. I (healer) had 1 campaign piece and full rakata. 1 Sorc DPS had full rakata, the other had 3/5 rakata.

On another note: we also got the Midnight Rakling Pet drop as well as the girlyman mount. Also got enough black hole commendations to get my chestpiece :)