Regarding server queues

StephenReid

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think its TOO bad i mean, the most I have had to wait is about 30 minutes (with me being 437th in line) but it's not fun waiting when you get excited and ready to play then you have to find something else to do for an hour or somewhere around that time

BUT! I'm just happy to play the game weather i have to wait or not so, just fix it soon i suppose :)

good job.... after 2 hours of waiting to get in and play for the first time i get an error message and kicked out as im creating my character... too many people have said something about their anger and frustration already.. you know what you need to do... so do it already before this game tanks and you go broke. I'm sick and tired of this.

These queues are idiotic. I will give them a few weeks to iron it all out. But there is no way I am paying for a game that everytime I log on I have to sit in a queue. I like the game and all...but annoying me to death is no way to keep me as a customer. Bioware may be getting ready to learn a very painful lesson.

Think about it this way Bioware...will it be easier to to fix it now? or start a new marketing campaign to try and lure your community back after they have abandoned you. Don't think it can't happen (SWG?). The game is good...but it isn't crack.

You guys HAVE to do something about a grace period. It's ridiculous that I can't be at least 10th in line after a disconnect (although I should be allowed back in immediately). PLEASE. I really don't mind sitting in a queue under in an hour, but please please please help out the ones who are briefly disconnected.

More than anything else facing the launch of this new MMO is the fact that these queues are likely to scare off potential customers.

Die-hards (like myself) will continue to wait and deal with the queues. But, you know who WONT be waiting? My friends that arent die-hards. My friends who are gamers, wowers, mmo-ers, who are interested, but not already SOLD on SWTOR. The queues become one MASSIVE reason for my new friends to NOT play SWTOR.

When my friends leave.... eventually the die-hards like myself will too.

My $0.02.

I'm sure these issues have been mentioned already but I chime in as well.

1) queue time is not acceptable when you get DC'd from an instance group - the group won't wait for you for 1-2 hours -> need to get another group to finish quest when you get back in and if you are lucky to get DC'd again -> how long will you play a game like this?

2) people need to have enough and long enough breaks between gaming - even just because health issues - you know about the warnings most of the games give right? I now suffer from dry eye (and couldn't get enough sleep due to it) as I didn't want to log off the game often enough or long enough to have proper rest for my eyes, due to the queue times.

3) People need to have life outside gaming - shopping, cleaning, socializing etc. But will they get to the game when they have time? No, they have to be in the game all day if they want to play. How long will they do this?

4) This is bad for your rep - fix it.

Now if you say that change server... ok, can we get free transfer for the whole guild and our allies and adversaries? And we have big guilds btw (over 50 members) so it's not just matter of couple of people starting over.

Blizz must be laughing there a*sess off. They WERE probably concerned about a new MMO competitor entering their market but now they are probably all drinking champagne and trailing the forums laughing at how fail the entire pre-launch, distribution, zones, grace period and Launch will be.

^^ Um more like they are now very worried that their cry baby, demand everything NOW, immature player base that had left for SWTOR (cuss that crowd always thinks the grass is greener on the other side) is going to come back to their game; and they are freaked out!

The posts in this thread really do show how WoW's success changed the business. A whole generation of people who have never grown through the business like some of us, have suddenly become MMO players and think they know every ffing thing.

YES new games have que's and lag and low frame rates and God I could go on. The technology involved with having a million people playing in a persistent world is still part witch craft, part modern science. I know ive worked in the business for years.

AGAIN 6 hours que's are a bit unaccaptable and im sure BW is concerned. But the idea that any of you people are owed anything is a joke. Launch is the 20th and until then, you arent owed ANYTHING.

For all you **me brains who keep up with the "this is launch no matter what you say, BW says it themselves..." Just stop ok? Just because you keep saying the Sun is green, doesnt mean it is. OK? Do you understand that? Maybe Mom and Dad didnt tell you that your NOT ALWAYS RIGHT?

My guess, and I hope im right; BW is thinking that box sales are going to be over a million, and 75% of the people who are in EA are gonna stick around (despite the crying) so giving in to you cry babies, you WOW children, is not important.

Ok gotta go play now, wait time to get into my server is never more than 40min, which im ok with (i walked the dog).

Don't blame EA/Bioware for that. That's the fault of the idiots "taping their movement keys". They are attempting to circumvent the logout procedure so they can be special. In effect, they are killing the servers, NOT EA/Bioware

Next up:

You've been playing for a few hours, time to give someone else a chance.. Forced log off

I HATE to see it come to this, but that's what's going to happen if people keep abusing the system like that.

I totally agree with you. With a character on Swiftsure I've seen chats of players finding ways with macros to stay online. This practice is killing the server.

Friday night I logged in to the queue at 6pm and when 10pm came around I decided to go to bed and not play.Tonight appears to be just as bad.

There needs to be a way for them to tell which players are "cheating" the system to stay online and force logoff. A policy like this shouldn't bother anyone as if/when you join a queue it actually means the people on the server are actually playing and not idle or jumping on a repeated pattern of X minutes...

+1 for the piss poor queue on my server. My son and I both bought subs and are regretting it at the moment. Nice game - but he waited over 4 hours last night. My queue tonight says < 1hr 50 minutes and has been that way for about 45 minutes... So I can only assume at this rate I'll get logged in at 3:00am in the morning.

NOT COOL

Quit with the words and "monitoring" - open some servers and announce free moves cause as I mentioned - this sucks pretty bad.

^^ Um more like they are now very worried that their cry baby, demand everything NOW, immature player base that had left for SWTOR (cuss that crowd always thinks the grass is greener on the other side) is going to come back to their game; and they are freaked out!

The posts in this thread really do show how WoW's success changed the business. A whole generation of people who have never grown through the business like some of us, have suddenly become MMO players and think they know every ffing thing.

YES new games have que's and lag and low frame rates and God I could go on. The technology involved with having a million people playing in a persistent world is still part witch craft, part modern science. I know ive worked in the business for years.

AGAIN 6 hours que's are a bit unaccaptable and im sure BW is concerned. But the idea that any of you people are owed anything is a joke. Launch is the 20th and until then, you arent owed ANYTHING.

For all you **me brains who keep up with the "this is launch no matter what you say, BW says it themselves..." Just stop ok? Just because you keep saying the Sun is green, doesnt mean it is. OK? Do you understand that? Maybe Mom and Dad didnt tell you that your NOT ALWAYS RIGHT?

My guess, and I hope im right; BW is thinking that box sales are going to be over a million, and 75% of the people who are in EA are gonna stick around (despite the crying) so giving in to you cry babies, you WOW children, is not important.

Ok gotta go play now, wait time to get into my server is never more than 40min, which im ok with (i walked the dog).

I think I just got a man/woman crush on you! You did vent a little but completely justified!! Great points!

and now the one server i need to log on to in order to actually make it through the character creation process and join up with my guild is giving me a log in error...... FIX YOUR GAME BEFORE IT GETS MARKETED. no one will buy it and you will end up broke and hated if this isnt fixed. I normally dont care about problems and can take most and be calm but this is just beginning to %$^ me off.

This happens to be the biggest launch in MMO history so of course the servers will be full and you will have to wait I however agree that their needs to be a grace period for those that get disconnected and I believe Bioware hears you just quit crying and give them time to fix it the game hasn't even officially launched yet!!! GET OVER IT SUCK IT UP AND WAIT!!!

And you think it will be better when all our friends have picked up their copy from shop and come home to play on the 20th. And 21st. And the 22nd and and and.

Its a disasterlaunch. Its going to cost them subscribers. Oh the servers they have will probably be full, but there will forever be a unfullfilled potential and a huge number of angry customers.

This is why I never played WoW. And those queues where not close to what seen here. It still dictates when you can play. Most people cant let their lives be dictated by when to play a game. When I put the kids to bed that will have my complete and undivided attention. I can not have the game running in the background to count down the queues while I do so.