Regarding server queues

StephenReid

actually when wow first launched i had que times of 4-5 hrs. it did not do everything perfect either deal with it.

um no wow had queu times for 4 hours on ONE day then they had numerous posus (that day) from devs with answers and next dy xfers rolled out, knowm ur history what was servers name if u remember? bet u dont

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice, I get disconnected leaving my ship, i hit rejoin when it gets back to the server browser, I queue 400, it gets to 200 and gives an error, I queue again 400+ and get to 1 and bam back into the queue again. doubt i'll pay for a service level like this if its allowed to continue.

If this continues after release, How are people who actually have a life and work full-time etc.. Actually going to be able to get a few hours of game play in a day? Not everyone can sit on there *** all day every day, waiting 3-4 hours just to play a game...

Will be selling my copy if it continues for sure.

What doesn't make sense . . .

It's midnight where I am, I just wanted to check some crafting,

20 min que.

If that's what the que is on an EAST COAST server at off peak time, what will it be like after Dec 20th at full peak time?

Close the full servers to new people.

^ this, they can't seriously keep loading people into the 'full' servers.....reminds me of the trains in Japan lol

If this continues after release, How are people who actually have a life and work full-time etc.. Actually going to be able to get a few hours of game play in a day? Not everyone can sit on there *** all day every day, waiting 3-4 hours just to play a game...

Will be selling my copy if it continues for sure.

yup me 2

1. Close the servers with big queues to new accounts - that is, only players with existing toons on a server can access it.

2. For the servers with the worst queues allow a limited number of free transfers to bring that server population back to a sustainable level. Ensure you allow whole guilds to move, or you just piss off your playerbase even further.

3. Do this before full public launch...once we're actually losing subscribed (paid) time sitting in your queues this goes from 'annoying' issue to definite problem. Any goodwill/good press you built up from having a new product well-launched will be lost.

On a side note I have now been in the The Swiftsure queue for 3 hours.

As your lovely little game tips always point out: gaming is better with friends! Ergo I can't just change server as mine are all on The Swiftsure (or in its queue).

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Stephen Reid are you reading? Do this now before the queues grow longer! 4-5 hours in queue on Swiftsure is not fun!

At a BARE MINIMUM you need to have a grace period.

Account logged on less than 10 minutes ago? Yes = get back in server instantly No = Back of the que.

Seriously, YOUR game crashed my entire machine. I had to reboot, then on a saturday night, I have to try to log back in? With a que position of 1158?

Luckily for me this is a pretty rare occurrence, I have a fairly high end machine and experience very few issues that others report, but even once is too much and for those poor players whose machines crash with this game all the time? Yeah, I wouldn't subscribe either if I was them.

Allow a one time server transfer for the overpopulated servers, monitor the swap, once the server is under max stop the transfer. Don't allow the players to transfer to another server that is over max capacity already. It's a simple elegant solution that would make ALOT of potential subscribers happy.

I have a friend who was on the fence about ordering. The que times have turned him away, he will not be ordering now because he (like many others) doesn't want to sit for two hours to play a game he is paying for.

TL:DR = Allow a 10 minute grace period for crashes/dc : Allow a one time server transfer for players/guilds on servers that are over max population BEFORE LAUNCH DAY.

The military keeps me busy most of my day and when I get home now all I want to do is play SWTOR; however, I have had almost full early access and have had 2-3 hours to play every single day and yet my only played character is at level 6 because I have been in the queue for 90% of the time.

Please fix this soon because I really want to be able to actually play this game!

At a BARE MINIMUM you need to have a grace period.

Account logged on less than 10 minutes ago? Yes = get back in server instantly No = Back of the que.

Seriously, YOUR game crashed my entire machine. I had to reboot, then on a saturday night, I have to try to log back in? With a que position of 1158?

Luckily for me this is a pretty rare occurrence, I have a fairly high end machine and experience very few issues that others report, but even once is too much and for those poor players whose machines crash with this game all the time? Yeah, I wouldn't subscribe either if I was them.

Allow a one time server transfer for the overpopulated servers, monitor the swap, once the server is under max stop the transfer. Don't allow the players to transfer to another server that is over max capacity already. It's a simple elegant solution that would make ALOT of potential subscribers happy.

I have a friend who was on the fence about ordering. The que times have turned him away, he will not be ordering now because he (like many others) doesn't want to sit for two hours to play a game he is paying for.

TL:DR = Allow a 10 minute grace period for crashes/dc : Allow a one time server transfer for players/guilds on servers that are over max population BEFORE LAUNCH DAY.

yeah a friend of mine droped round today to check out game, saw what was goin on, hes gonna wait for guildwars 2, im a wait till 20th no answer ima seell copy to little brother

Funny thing about all this, the ones most affected by this queue issue will be the casual players, exactly the ones they target as the ones that bring the most money in.

As for "hardcores" we know queues won't stop them from playing, they are annoying yes, but most won't think about quitting.

This game is the first game I have played that had a queue. This is so not acceptable. In my other game, we have guild ran raids. We all log on 15 minutes prior to posted raid time. Then we form and run the raid. How the heck are we to do this in SWOTR, when we get sruck in a stupid queue? "Oh sorry fellow guildies. I could not log on for the raid due to a queue issue"..........no I do not think so.

thing is... we have had now many MMO's over the years? EA and BioWare should have learned from ALL the other ones about que's and such. i'm DEF no IT genius, but common sense saw an "oh crap" situation on the second day of early access. ALL of this could have been taken care of then. but no... drag it out and drag it out more. now the masses are peeved!!!!! paying for a product that you can barely use is NOT providing a quality service/product!!!!! what's that saying... the customer is always right. :)

Funny thing about all this, the ones most affected by this queue issue will be the casual players, exactly the ones they target as the ones that bring the most money in.

As for "hardcores" we know queues won't stop them from playing, they are annoying yes, but most won't think about quitting.

True. I've been in queue for 4 hours, but I will not go to bed until I log in and finish Alderaan D:<

What's the point of having a guild assigned to a server you can't even log into? Even worse is an internal server error which pushes you to the back of the line. I was hoping all the stress testing was you being proactive regarding heavy server loads with proper solutions.

Please tell me BioWare "part art and part science" does not equate to "working as intended."

I've played at least 5 mmorpg's either before with early access or on launch day. but I have never seen queues like this. If you go to launch day with queues like this Bioware then you won't have shot your game in the foot. YOU'LL HAVE SHOT IT IN THE HEAD

agreed any any anything over 15mins is a slap in the face to a subscript game. I like how the Bioware dude post something like its art and and some other bull put together to make it work. Is this magic land to them. Acaually its a money makeing machine and if they can't fix the Ques well thats money that is not going to be there. 15mins tops.

This game is the first game I have played that had a queue. This is so not acceptable. In my other game, we have guild ran raids. We all log on 15 minutes prior to posted raid time. Then we form and run the raid. How the heck are we to do this in SWOTR, when we get sruck in a stupid queue? "Oh sorry fellow guildies. I could not log on for the raid due to a queue issue"..........no I do not think so.

Well I'm glad for you that whatever "your other game" was, it did not have a queue. But queues can be quite common in MMO games, just not to this extent. Please get off your high horse and stop assuming that you should never have to experience a queue ever