Regarding server queues

StephenReid

Why are we still waiting for some sort of information from the Devs?

Um Update? or do we have to wait in queue for that info too?

The dev's are all resting their heads on fluffy pillows at the moment, while their AFK macro's are keeping them on their selected servers.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is just stupid... why make a game that most people with a life will play i the evening and/or night and make that impossible... kick all the aussie ppl off our west coast server and force them to play on an Oceanic server...they are all "light" and that is what the are f-ing for

I don't like bothering or complaining to Bioware, but maybe they should take a look at the server Swiftsure's queue. It says 1.5 hour queue to join. While all other servers at maximum have a 50minute wait.

Hey I don't mind waiting an hour, ok 2 hours, but 4-6 hour queue. Now I am planning to queue a day before I actually play.

Bioware, if you are not going to add transfers on this server, at least put a more accurate queue time on the server. So at least I can know how much time needs to elapse before I can calculate when I can play the next day.

The Harbinger said 1 hour 25 mins bout an hour and a half ago, now it says 55mins. We're in the same boat with you Swiftsure, hang in there.

this is just stupid... why make a game that most people with a life will play i the evening and/or night and make that impossible... kick all the aussie ppl off our west coast server and force them to play on an Oceanic server...they are all "light" and that is what the are f-ing for

Lol apparently there are oceanic servers HAHAHHAAH there are NONE Ripon.... 0.o

Why are we still waiting for some sort of information from the Devs?

Um Update? or do we have to wait in queue for that info too?

Thought this would be TOP priority and some trickle down info to the community (your consumers) would create understanding and patience.

Our trickle down info is the OP from the Dev. Also, there was a couple dozen of these threads yesterday, and some that keep being created and shortly thereafter destroyed. Theyre trying to reign in this parade.

ea sorta a test all on its own helps determine just how many more servers they need or how much they need to expand on them all good it will smooth then were all be qqing over how unbalanced etc etc the typica whiner crap that comes with a new mmo.

I'll gladly start my new characters on a diff server, but I've put in quite a bit of time on my lvl 24 Assassin, I took vacation time this week to get a good jump on things. I will be in the same boat as many other people soon in that my play time will be limited, and I really dont wanna waste my hard earned vaca time on starting that toon over. Offer up free transfers please. Ask Trion how they do it for Rift cuz they dont even have to involve you guys (Bioware) directly.

Swiftsure is on a league of its own. They need to fix the actual queue time on the server list. It's not 1hour and 50 min. Try 4-6 hour queue time. I am queuing tonight to play tomorrow morning.

Yep it's that bad.

Swiftsure is not in a league of it's own. It's this way on every server mang. Queue Queue

Here's a good one....

Queues were over 45 minutes for my server (Krayt Dragon) yesterday, and my router is absolute crap (drops my connection every few hours - sometimes more). So...I went and bought a new router today, $85.

Came home and installed my new router immediately. Tried to log in to SWTOR because I knew I'd have long wait times and I wanted to go ahead and get in queue....when the security question "What's the name of your favorite cousin?" pops up. I'm assuming the change in routers prompted the security question (as this is what happens when you log in from another computer, so that's just my guess). Problem is, that is not one of the five security questions I initially set up.

I had seen this security question pop up the prior day when I tried to log into my SWTOR account (not the game, just the site) from my tablet. I simply closed it out and went and got on my normal PC and then tried to check my security question (as I could log in no issues from my PC). No luck checking questions though, as I could not verify my security questions without answering the "cousin" one, which I have never set up, so I tried calling Customer Service. No luck. I could not even sit on hold, just got an immediate message telling me they were busy to call back later, so I sent an email. I got a response back saying I had to call that they would not discuss security questions via email. So I tried calling again (SEVERAL more times), but got the same thing....too busy, call later. So I emailed them back and provided my phone # requesting someone call me since I was unable to get through. Of course I got an email back stating that they know there are long hold times on the phone (and tons of other useless stuff - which was not surprising) but they could not discuss security questions via email (which obviously I already knew, hence why I gave my phone #).

Ok, so now here I sit with my new $85 router which I bought JUST for SWTOR and I am getting this security question which I did not set up. What can I do but try to guess the answer and hope that I had gone completely mad and set up this question during my sleep one afternoon and just didn't remember doing it. So, I guess the ONLY cousin which I would have EVER even considered putting as an answer. Wrong. I enter her first name only, Wrong. First name and last name, Wrong. Last name, Wrong. First and Last again.....LOCKED. So, here I am now locked out of my account.

This prompted me (out of desperation to play SWTOR) to spam the dang Customer Service phone lines until I at least get to wait on the line in hopes of one day speaking with someone. Finally, I got through!!! I get to wait on a customer service rep!! ...and by "got through" I mean their automated message didn't hang up on me after simply telling me they were busy to call back later.

This was about 4 hours ago. So I have now been sitting on HOLD for 4 hours trying to get them to unlock my account all because there was some sort of ******** error (on their part I might add) where they chose to validate my account with a security question that is not one of the five I set up on my account.

I am waiting 4 hours now, and still have a queue to look forward to....IF they ever unlock my account. My phone battery is close to dead and sadly is an aftermarket battery that will cause the phone to disconnect if I try to charge it by plugging the phone in (crazy I know, but it was at 100% when I started the call so I didn't think this would be an issue - I swap batteries and charge in a charger, and do not plug the phone up directly...the aftermarket battery doesn't work like that for some reason). AND since I am on my cell phone I am eating through minutes. Win Win right. Yeah, this is loads of fun.....thanks for the great customer service guys. It is very appreciated.

I can only hope that one day, when my account is unlocked they may have this queue issue resolved and I won't have to wait 1-4 hours to actually play. SOOOO glad I rushed out on DAY ONE the game went on sale for preorder and immediately registered my early access code so I could get in early! It's also quite exciting to hear loads of other folks are having the "security question" issue....you'd think if this were the case you could fix it online and not have to sit on hold hoping for a cust svc rep that's never going to answer. I honestly believe at this point they are just not answering the phones. Good times playing SWTOR.....can't wait for actual release when it's even busier!!! Yay!!

so.... how are you typing this?? O_o

Well heres a dynamic factor for the developing team.. if they dont fix this ques issue asap.. im not going to continue this game. I have little spare time as it is and would like to play when I want.. not when the system thinks enough people are online.. so we can have 30 people beating down the same quest creature..

That's not true says estimated time is 1hour and 50min on server list.

Yes it is i have been waiting 6 hours now... why?

Cause it's not 1 hour 50 it's like 3 hours. That is how long i had to wait yesterday.

Today my connection timed out 4 times so a 2-3 hour wait has grown ridiculously.

The most alarming thing about all this is how BW just let the queues get worse this weekend. The majority of early access people are the diehards, the ones who'll stick with the game when others get bored and leave.. how can you treat your fans on overly populated servers like this? Anyone with half a brain could tell it would only get worse at weekends yet you leave it like that then after enough whining take the time to release the most generic response yet. Nice PR though, whoever initially wrote that should look into becoming a politician, I hear they're the masters of answering questions without actually answering anything.

queues are good and they should stay, at least for a while.

The queue system has two goals, protect the servers from getting overrun, and more importantly protecting those that already is playing on the server from queuing inside the game for spawns etc.

I am sure Bioware is aware that there is a several reasons for the current heavy load. The game is brand new and everyone that waited for it is playing or wants to play. And alot of people did a preorder trick and got the preorder code just to test it. And since the game hasn´t launched yet Bioware may have an idea but they are not sure how many is going to be knocking on server doors after the 20th.

So better be defensive now and use queues to stay in control and ease up when they have solid number. Plus as people levels up and gets spread around the "universe" on the individual servers the queues usually will be lowered.

And btw, if you are on a server that has a queue chances are your in luck, servers that have a healthy population are the most fun.

Enters the queue....

Ok so here's my problem, there are two sides of me! One of those sides is a bioware and huge Star Wars fan and absolutely loves this game simply because of what it is. There is no logic in this, it's just sheer fan loyalty. So naturally this side of me wants the game to do well and I want to defend the game from those who would point out its flaws.

Now here's the bad part; the other half of me is a consumer in a money driven market. This part of me says I'm feeds the company their profits and profits are why the got in to the business to begin with. So then I look at the competitors of the product and I see what they are capable of. This sets a standard... When you sell a product you should at LEAST match the standard created by the people who produce the same exact product as you or sell the product at a cheaper cost which justifies a somewhat diminished service.

Now before I get flamed... I played WoW for a long time... Longer then I wanted to, I played it simply out of boredom and probably addiction lol. Truthfully I hate that game and SWTOR was a breath of fresh air for my addiction. But the facts are simple, WoW provides an MMO, this MMO is $15 a month and there are almost never queues. SWTOR provides an MMO, it costs $15 a month at their early access which creates a first impression of how the game is going to be. This isn't beta anymore... it's early access to the LIVE game. And I'm in a 55 minute queue? It costs the same as WoW but without the practicality of WoW. What's the justification behind this?

This is a problem I could understand for a beta test but not for early access to a live launch. If there are problems then don't call it early access... call it beta test 2.0. At this point I'm clinging to hope that this will improve simply because of my irrational side that clings to the Bioware and Star Wars loyalties. Please understand these loyalties are strong... But I'm still a consumer that thinks rationally at some point. My advice is; get it fixed in a hurry or lose money. I'd hate to see the game fail in it's first month simply because they didn't expect hundreds of thousands of Star Wars fans to show up to play a Star Wars game. Seriously?! Didn't think that through didja? Two big names like Bioware and Star Wars and you weren't expecting a population load of this magnitude?

I'll hold on to name brand loyalty for a while. But having maybe 5 hours on my day off to play but having to wait 1-2 hours in queue is going to erode that loyalty very quickly.