Regarding server queues

StephenReid

1. Close the servers with big queues to new accounts - that is, only players with existing toons on a server can access it.

2. For the servers with the worst queues allow a limited number of free transfers to bring that server population back to a sustainable level. Ensure you allow whole guilds to move, or you just piss off your playerbase even further.

3. Do this before full public launch...once we're actually losing subscribed (paid) time sitting in your queues this goes from 'annoying' issue to definite problem. Any goodwill/good press you built up from having a new product well-launched will be lost.

On a side note I have now been in the The Swiftsure queue for 3 hours.

As your lovely little game tips always point out: gaming is better with friends! Ergo I can't just change server as mine are all on The Swiftsure (or in its queue).

#423 in the Swiftsure queue!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One more thing! ADDING NEW SERVERS WON'T FIX YOUR CURRENT QUE PROBLEM!!! You will also have to reduce the population on the existing servers!

Please don't come back with "We launched XX new servers today to assist with the que's!"

That is not helping the existing player base, just the new players.

Get real Bioware. You don't care about consolidating these threads for player convenience. The only reason you are being told to do this (and yes I know you are) is because it looks bad for the people who haven't purchased the game yet to come here and see the entire forums filled with thread after thread of people calling you out for your horrible Q's.

I've played at least 5 mmorpg's either before with early access or on launch day. but I have never seen queues like this. If you go to launch day with queues like this Bioware then you won't have shot your game in the foot. YOU'LL HAVE SHOT IT IN THE HEAD

Yes..If on the 20th this same type of wait is there...gonna hurt. And for the record, IMO queues for more than 2 hours aren't reasonable. Let alone 5+ hrs.:mad:

get real bioware. You don't care about consolidating these threads for player convenience. The only reason you are being told to do this (and yes i know you are) is because it looks bad for the people who haven't purchased the game yet to come here and see the entire forums filled with thread after thread of people calling you out for your horrible q's.

exactly!!!

A two hour queue is unacceptable....who on Earth is going to sit around for two hours to just be able to BEGIN TO PLAY A GAME?!?! Cap the server population and have no queue....is it really that difficult?

For real the other things they knew how many preorders they had so why are all the servers full????

So the other day I was telling a mmate who was curious anout how awesome this game is.

The game is awesome!!

Waiting to play is not.

So it took 45 minutes to log in, and I invited him over for a look see. I got net disconnect for a minute, and logged back on to see I am 1112 in queue. He didn't have time to wait looking at a server status page so he left a bit disgruntled.

Today I'm helping a guildie by tanking BT with my Marauder, only to once again to have quick net disconnect once were halfway through the instance. I log back in to find I am 1183 in queue. Needless to say that both our games were lessened by this event.

Great game, but no one likes to wait to play. A mate of mine re-rolled on a light server after levelling to 15, and then found that he also waits again to log in, or after disconnects.

Queueing to play is bad enough, let alone doing it again through no fault of your own.

A Queue time is to be expected. But, in this case, it's ridiculous. The game hasn't even launched yet, and we are experiencing really high queue times. Can you imagine what it's going to be like on Launch?

Hate to be negative about such a good game, but the other MMO that I played on launch didn't have this bad of queue times. :eek:

Well I'm glad for you that whatever "your other game" was, it did not have a queue. But queues can be quite common in MMO games, just not to this extent. Please get off your high horse and stop assuming that you should never have to experience a queue ever

There is a very simple solution, buy more servers and get this fixed by next week. If queues are not under 10 minutes by release I honestly am not sure if I will be picking the game up. I get an hour maybe two a couple of times per week to play (more on the weekend) and if I can't get in when I have that time why would I start paying a monthly fee. Right now I am getting multiple hours to log into my guilds server, that is stupid.

This is flat out unacceptable this day in age, this is not the year 2000, most MMO's have figured out how to make sure this never happens, why can't you? This could be the thing that makes millions of frustrated gamers quit in the first month and look elsewhere toward a MMO that they can actually log into.

IMHO... 5-10min in primetime is not an unreasonable time to wait for a que...

Anything past that means they will be loosing more and more business as the waits to play get longer.

I don't mind paying to play a well made game. But, I will stop paying when every night is 15-30 min for me to get in. Let alone the hours it takes some folks.

No cussin, screamin, or other... I'll just figure my money and time is better spent somewhere else.

Please get this fixed. It seems you have a good game. What little I've gotten to see of it so far.

This happens to be the biggest launch in MMO history so of course the servers will be full and you will have to wait I however agree that their needs to be a grace period for those that get disconnected and I believe Bioware hears you just quit crying and give them time to fix it the game hasn't even officially launched yet!!! GET OVER IT SUCK IT UP AND WAIT!!!

IMHO... 5-10min in primetime is not an unreasonable time to wait for a que...

Anything past that means they will be loosing more and more business as the waits to play get longer.

I don't mind paying to play a well made game. But, I will stop paying when every night is 15-30 min for me to get in. Let alone the hours it takes some folks.

No cussin, screamin, or other... I'll just figure my money and time is better spent somewhere else.

Please get this fixed. It seems you have a good game. What little I've gotten to see of it so far.

I would kill for 15-30 minutes, I have been waiting for 30 minutes and it says my wait time is another hour and 50 minutes. I got in at 1800 people waiting in line, 30 minutes ago and I am now down to 1650. Based on that it looks like it will be about 6 hours before I can log in.

I would kill for 15-30 minutes, I have been waiting for 30 minutes and it says my wait time is another hour and 50 minutes. I got in at 1800 people waiting in line, 30 minutes ago and I am now down to 1650. Based on that it looks like it will be about 6 hours before I can log in.

Must be on The Swiftsure :D

Thanks Jeff Hickman, least we know your working on it now. although my waiting queues are not any more than about 30 mins I feel for those waiting 1, 2 or even 6 hours. That's pretty bad. Hopefully you guys open more servers before launch. Because if not them I'm sure we will see a whole bunch of server crashes

Random server error, disconnected and an hour plus wait... As much as I hate it I can understand it since it's prime time. But after waiting for more than an hour I pick my character and just as the loading screen finishes ANOTHER server error and I'm back in the queue :mad:. There is absolutely no reason for that, there isn't even a 5 second grace period!