Regarding server queues

StephenReid

Also is it just me or does the quote "While we can’t promise that there won’t ever be queues" seem unacceptable?

SHouldn't there be an internal Goal from BW to say to all of us...We will aim for NO QUEUES within X months of launch and this is just a small hiccup that we are frantically working to resolve?

Nope, easier to say "While we can’t promise that there won’t ever be queues"

Wheres the dedication? =D

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is NOT the queues. The problem is that you sit in a queue, and start playing. THEN you get DC'd, and have to sit in the queue AGAIN.

That is the primary problem.

The secondary problem is that you wait in the queue, finally get in, but you are not sitting and staring at your computer when it happens, so the game logs you out.

#1) You get DC'd you should be able to log in again within 5 minutes without queueing.

#2) You wait in the queue, you should not be logged out when you are on the character select screen. You should at LEAST be given more time, or an EXTREMELY loud and obnoxious alarm should go off, and continue going off so that you know that you are allowed to play the game you bought.

My 2 credits...

and to think ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE that are going to be joining us once the official launch begins. WOW!!!! We are SO screwed!!! Come on EA & BioWare... you all better get the server situation fixed!! people are NOT gonna wanna pay $15.00/month to sit in que's!!!! this is getting pretty pathetic and you're only 4 days into this!!

The problem is NOT the queues. The problem is that you sit in a queue, and start playing. THEN you get DC'd, and have to sit in the queue AGAIN.

That is the primary problem.

The secondary problem is that you wait in the queue, finally get in, but you are not sitting and staring at your computer when it happens, so the game logs you out.

#1) You get DC'd you should be able to log in again within 5 minutes without queueing.

#2) You wait in the queue, you should not be logged out when you are on the character select screen. You should at LEAST be given more time, or an EXTREMELY loud and obnoxious alarm should go off, and continue going off so that you know that you are allowed to play the game you bought.

My 2 credits...

Correct but NO, i have been waiting 4 hours in the queue and still waiting due to being dropped form the queue for no reason but a mysterious CODE 1300 which on clicking takes you to some BS excuse.

The overall experience has been approx 2/10

1. Close the servers with big queues to new accounts - that is, only players with existing toons on a server can access it.

2. For the servers with the worst queues allow a limited number of free transfers to bring that server population back to a sustainable level. Ensure you allow whole guilds to move, or you just piss off your playerbase even further.

3. Do this before full public launch...once we're actually losing subscribed (paid) time sitting in your queues this goes from 'annoying' issue to definite problem. Any goodwill/good press you built up from having a new product well-launched will be lost.

On a side note I have now been in the The Swiftsure queue for 3 hours.

As your lovely little game tips always point out: gaming is better with friends! Ergo I can't just change server as mine are all on The Swiftsure (or in its queue).

The Swiftsure is definitely one of the most heavily loaded servers, given that the entirety of Australia, and perhaps other oceanic countries, are on there.

I asked my housemate to log in so I could start queuing, so I could play when I got home. Got home and had some bullcrap error.

Are we honestly supposed to sit by our computer and wait 5 hours + to play?

What happens if I go away and miss my window? Is there a window? How big is it?

Im at 900 right now, have been queuing all day. I have to go to the supermarket. What happens if I reach the front? I haven't been bothered to wait for that long yet.

Log in, number 878 in queue...... countdown to number 7..... momentarily dc.... hello and welcome to number 860 in queue. *sigh* Guess it's better then sitting in a dentist chair for my Saturday night.

Please give a grace period for disconnects, this would make raiding horrible if every time someone dc's you have to replace them. :/

I think the point of the queues are to encourage new players to join other servers in order to spread the load out across as many servers as possible, and then after launch the servers with higher traffic will have their capacities increased to minimize queues. I would imagine this will happen in the first week or so after launch.

It's just a shame that for now this screws over players who already have characters on the full servers.

What is the cap for these servers? I remember when WoW was in BC and Warsong and Blackhand had queue times of around 15 minutes. But, wow had almost 10 million players at that time.

I sure hope they are just capping the servers right now to make sure it's stable but then plan to bump it up at launch.

I have a small window to play each day, I am not someone who can queue for 2 hours then play for a few more. I only have about 2 hours a day total.

This really stinks atm, please find a solution.

My guild and I were assigned to The Swiftsure and most of us got in on day one. I owuld say half or a bit more are in the mid-30s and are running around Alderaan and Balsavis. But when a main healer or tank DCs in the middle of a Flashpoint and we basically have to say 'oh well maybe we can try again in the morning' because hes number 1900 in queue is bad.

I logged in at 8pm EST. It is now midnight and I am still 600 in the queue. Either start handing out guild transfers or find a way to increase the server threshold (i dont know if thats possible im not IT smart) The server was already Heavy at 10am EST =/

No me gusta!!

I think the point of the queues are to encourage new players to join other servers in order to spread the load out across as many servers as possible, and then after launch the servers with higher traffic will have their capacities increased to minimize queues. I would imagine this will happen in the first week or so after launch.

It's just a shame that for now this screws over players who already have characters on the full servers.

lol Swiftsure is TOO BIG, they asked for this, havin regions locked out, then having pre assigned guuilds placed into them, LOL, they might have ruined the game, gg

Is there a way to move my character to another Server? Dark Reaver PVP West Coast is constantly getting hour plus Queue's. I know this isn't the worst Queue but I see other west coast pvp servers that have little to no wait and it seems like allowing people to move their characters around during this run up to full capacity is needed to balance things out.

My grief is similar to that of may others, I knew there was a queue, so I logged, and did some other things, get in game... and the client crashes... now I have to wait 2 hours because you didn't beta test this stuff enough with hopes to get out before the end of the year. I'm very happy with the game, but I have a feeling if the queues don't get fixed before 2012 the population that's causing all of the queues will go away and we'll all be wondering why they didn't just make KOTOR 3...

I will not commit to monthly subs until queues are fixed.

The Swiftsure is definitely one of the most heavily loaded servers, given that the entirety of Australia, and perhaps other oceanic countries, are on there.

I asked my housemate to log in so I could start queuing, so I could play when I got home. Got home and had some bullcrap error.

Are we honestly supposed to sit by our computer and wait 5 hours + to play?

What happens if I go away and miss my window? Is there a window? How big is it?

Im at 900 right now, have been queuing all day. I have to go to the supermarket. What happens if I reach the front? I haven't been bothered to wait for that long yet.

I really hate that Swiftsure had to become their unofficial server =/ Obviously I wouldnt care if I wasnt on that server...but because our entire guild is there and im already lvl 33 I cant stomach the thought of having to start all over again >_<

What doesn't make sense . . .

It's midnight where I am, I just wanted to check some crafting,

20 min que.

If that's what the que is on an EAST COAST server at off peak time, what will it be like after Dec 20th at full peak time?

Close the full servers to new people.

So I started up my server queue about 30mins ago, and i've checked all my e-mails, searched reddit.. watched some sc2.. chatted with friends.. read kotaku and other sites...

Looks like I still have another 30mins possibly longer to go..

SO i thought I would come and add another post to the giant list.

Got 2 more days to fix this and secure my order.. getting pretty frustrated. Really hard for me to reccomend this game to others when i've spent ALL day in queues and none of it playing.

Heres hoping!