Regarding server queues

StephenReid

So my guild was set on a high populated server on day one. i got early access before my friends so i started my character and leveled it. now today my friends got early access and they dont want to play on the pre assigned server because they have to wait forever to play. so now i either have to start a whole new character on a different server with out my guild. or play on the over populated server with my guild but with out my friends.

I think they should offer a free guild transfer to a low populated server.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought 2 copies of the early access online version - one for me, one for my son so we could play together. Setup 2 different accounts online, registered each, got 2 receipt emails, eventually got 2 "you can play now" emails (one to each distinct address), but only one of us can play at a time. If the second account logs in, it boots the other account off (and back into a queue for extra added "fun"). Add to this that I've tried to call support 30-40 times, and get told to go away 'cause we're busy, and filled out a few tickets on the web site, to which they send a canned response that is in no way related to my issue.

I thought they delayed, and delayed, and delayed some more the launch of this game so that it (and Bioware/EA) would be ready. This is not ready, not even close.

The following is a brief statement from Jeff Hickman, Executive Producer, Live Services:

"We know there have been questions about the queues on the servers, so we wanted to take a moment to give you some insight.

In order to ensure that the service would be smooth and stable, we staged how we brought people into the Early Game Access program, adding people in waves. As you know, there are a lot of folks who want to play the game right now and we want to make sure they have lots of people to play with. Balancing this with figuring out when to bring new servers online to help alleviate the size of the queues is part art and part science. On one hand, you do not want people to wait too long – on the other hand, you want to make sure that people have a dynamic, engaging community to play with for long after launch. Either way, we have one clear objective – to make sure folks have fun.

While we can’t promise that there won’t ever be queues, we can promise you that we are taking this matter seriously and constantly reviewing them to make sure that they are manageable and reasonable."

Early access program is totally failed about players.

This is an another beta step called : server stress test.

I find totally crazy get queue from 2 to 5 hours.

This dont allow player to play.

This dont grant satisfaction

This is totally madness

Due to this situation , ppl now try to find any kind of trick that allow they to stay log-on.

This only to avoid the queue problem

nd This make queue system broken , cos if there is no ppl that go out from server other ppl in queue never get in.

I really hope that U must find a solution , or U made the first Early Access "Queue" of MMORPG history.

We all pay to have CE or DE nd Early access, not only for a paper box plus some ingame item that we cant use if we are in queue.

I really dont know what u waiting for.

take my apology if i dont wrote in correct eng.

Regard

Edited by Bliizard

You think I'm not sitting in queue as well?

It happens, but I'm coping with it; I'm not stupid enough to believe that there are any short term fixes for this. I also understand that complaining isn't going to fix it.

If all of us that preordered also used the GHQ to hook up prior to launch, Bioware could have balanced the servers better. Instead they worked with what they got.

I'm level 30, my guild is here, and I've expected the queue times. I'll deal until people leave or they buy new servers. Complaining will not make either happen faster, so really that leaves two options. Shut up and wait or reroll on another server.

It really doesn't matter what you think is unacceptable or not.

You are incorrect again Skaer... have you ever heard the phrase "the squeaky wheel gets the grease." ??? If nobody complains, then Bioware does not know that we have problems. Voiceing our displeasure with this situation lets them know that they have some work to do and that they need to take care of this situation if they hope to keep their customers happy.

Love that my early access email is titled "your wait is over". Bet you had a real laugh sending that one out.

I lol'd

All too true. I bet there are folks in Bioware thinking about what the next tagline should be on launch..."You're wait has only just begun...."

Love that my early access email is titled "your wait is over". Bet you had a real laugh sending that one out.

Good one! Why oh why was my guild placed on one of the two servers with the highest que times (i.e. The Harbinger)????????????????????????????? So much fail in this.

I say they quit letting new accounts play on these full servers. The queues are outrageous at >60 mins waits. The lag spikes of 10k+ latency is ridiculous. (I hit 36k latency early and stopped the entire party dead) Do you guys know how to lock servers and make newer accounts go to other servers? Some servers should have been locked days ago.

You cannot spread the population to all the servers if you allow players to play on any server they want. Most will pick overpopulated servers like Harbinger and the experience will be horrible. And those of us with pre-launch guilds suffer when we didnt even have a choice, we got put on these servers.

I say they quit letting new accounts play on these full servers. The queues are outrageous at >60 mins waits. The lag spikes of 10k+ latency is ridiculous. (I hit 36k latency early and stopped the entire party dead) Do you guys know how to lock servers and make newer accounts go to other servers? Some servers should have been locked days ago.

You cannot spread the population to all the servers if you allow players to play on any server they want. Most will pick overpopulated servers like Harbinger and the experience will be horrible. And those of us with pre-launch guilds suffer when we didnt even have a choice, we got put on these servers.

The lag must be an issue for you only then though because even though there is a 5-6 hour queue on TOFN for exmaple, when you do get in there is only like 2-3 instances of a zone spawned with 100 people in each and no lag whatsoever. I'd say the servers are operating at perhaps 60% capacity at the moment if at all. The queues seem to be entirely artificial.

The only solutions i could see to this problem is either give free server transfers till the servers are balanced or just increase the size of the servers.

Increasing it would be great. Did they not see this coming with the amount of preorders they got? Did they not think to open the servers up? Lock servers? Im wondering what the server cap right now really is. 50k? Or 5k?

The lag must be an issue for you only then though because even though there is a 5-6 hour queue on TOFN for exmaple, when you do get in there is only like 2-3 instances of a zone spawned with 100 people in each and no lag whatsoever. I'd say the servers are operating at perhaps 60% capacity at the moment if at all. The queues seem to be entirely artificial.

I would agree and look into it except I have fios, and the group said they spiked also. Otherwise I would fully check my end first. It's only been happening on Coruscant and only tonight.

This is ridiculous. When supporting this kind of volume you should be better prepared. The diehards who bought this game the second it came out don't deserve to wait an hour(s) to play.

noone deservers to wait for something they payed for unless they were given warning beforehand... If I go buy a car and its in stock I expect to drive away with it today, if I buy a car that is not out yet then I atleast know once its released I can drive it whenever I want.

Lets say for Discussion thats the case, if it's pissing people off, why are they still doing it? And why open more servers instead of increasing cap on existing ones?

Hrmm?

Got to position 3 before I got the Error 9000...

Either you are still arbitrarily limiting server population as a stress test or you have made a huge miscalculation when you assigned guilds to servers.

Adding new servers after you already had invited over half the pre-orders is too little too late.

Please increase server pop limits to opening day limits if they are not already there.

If they already are there then you are majorly screwed for opening day as the number of full servers clearly outnumber the standard pop servers and that's not allowing for the heavy and very heavy servers.

Come on guys--we love the game, and we've got respect for all the work you're putting in. But this isn't even a statement of what you are doing to fix the problem, its merely an acknowledgement that the problem exists after the community practically broke the forums yesterday about the wait. Give us at least something with a little more substance to chew on than this.