Regarding server queues

StephenReid

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could get access by trying a different server, don't complain. They aren't forcing you to queue on your particular server.

You're right, maybe I should try another one. Like yesterdey evening when EVERY EUROPE SERVER WAS FULL and you have to wait 30 minutes minimum to get into it. You forget another thing: I won't restar my story for the third time. I won't. I deserve to play. I've been a tester. NOW I'M A PAYING PLAYER

There's less than 3 days left and there's a lot of trouble.

Be sure I won't recommend my friends to buy it 'till it get fixed.

If you take into account the fact that we paid for early access $5/person then its not free, I paid for it!

you did not pay for an early access, that 5$ are from the final prize of the game, you just paid that 5$ before the launching to be sure that you have a copy.

anyways, the queue is outrageous, the explanation is absurd, i have been playing MMO´s for a while, and this is by far the longest queues i have. they are doing an awful job, not only with this problem, but with even other more important, for example my collector´s edition came without a game code, and so far no one have answered me about my code, it´s really annoying, because the 20th is around the corner and i just paid 150$ for a big box with no game code....

You guys knew how many Pre-orders had sold. It is not like it was a surprise how many people were going to be playing. You should have had ALL the servers up and ready for the 1st day of Early Access and also did a better job and distributing the guilds to them for the Guild Pre-launch. Having people wait 1, 2, 3 hours to actually play the game is really not excusable when it was all preventable.

I agree with most here that if you get disconnected, you dont lose your place in the que...maybe you get half hour or something to log back in unless you actually quit the game.

15 to 20 mins is the max the que wait should ever be and still be acceptable.

The following is a brief statement from Jeff Hickman, Executive Producer, Live Services:

"We know there have been questions about the queues on the servers, so we wanted to take a moment to give you some insight.

In order to ensure that the service would be smooth and stable, we staged how we brought people into the Early Game Access program, adding people in waves. As you know, there are a lot of folks who want to play the game right now and we want to make sure they have lots of people to play with. Balancing this with figuring out when to bring new servers online to help alleviate the size of the queues is part art and part science. On one hand, you do not want people to wait too long – on the other hand, you want to make sure that people have a dynamic, engaging community to play with for long after launch. Either way, we have one clear objective – to make sure folks have fun.

While we can’t promise that there won’t ever be queues, we can promise you that we are taking this matter seriously and constantly reviewing them to make sure that they are manageable and reasonable."

Is it just me or does this message say absolutely nothing about how they plan to rectify this problem? I even saw someone posting a thanks as a reply to this nonsense. In plain text Hickman could have written: "We failed at art and science but we feel bad about it and want you to know we have no solution for it."

How about doing something like now?! Take a bunch of guilds from overpopulated servers and move them and all chars in them and say "sorry guys we screwed up so we have to move people, again sorry but we have to do this". Or some other solution. Not replying that "have been questions" without providing any answers or solutions.

i always was with BW and support them but god dam* 6 hours in queue that is ****. I will not pay for game to wait 6 hours to enter. Sorry BW but if you will not fix it it will epic be fail for start up. Edited by Malack

1h 40m queue (more like 2 hours) last 2 days on Bloodworthy, I don't mind really though since I queue up when I wake up/get home, and then do other stuff meanwhile.

However, what I do mind is getting a game crash, logging back on 1 minute later and being put last in queue. BioWare should really consider putting a grace period on it, so that you have 5~ minutes to get back in if you crash.

Imagine logging on for raid night, and when everyone's ready and you pull the first boss, someone crashes? End of that raid night...

I personally think it should be the highest priority to upgrade the servers and let them hold more people, but perhaps I'm missing why that's not possible.

I'm sure it is, but they probably don't want brand new players joining and filling up full servers even more.

They need new servers though, thats more than clear. And to guide new players to those new servers, and strongly away from those which there are clear problems on LoL and ToFN for example...

I agree with a lot that things might calm down, however....

Bioware/EA want people to commit to this game, and an early access server in Bloodworthy is ridiculous to wait nearly 2 hours to play with my friends.

If you want people to buy your product and continue to buy, you make it easy and as problem free as possible, especially when there are 12+ people in the guild that have pre-bought it to gain early access. If you want a captive audience these people are your ideal candidates No.1. If you make the experience difficult or very time consuming dont be surprised when people dont buy your product. It is retail and consumerism 101.

Thanks.

I already am canceling my preorder...

New servers and free transfers should have been done by now.

Great game, shame so many people can't play it.

I think you are misunderstanding what is happening. Now, this quote doesn't make me sure, but I feel it supports my hypothesis.

I don't believe that the servers are currently actually capped. I suspect that BioWare is intentionally throttling the servers below cap to encourage people to seek out lower pop servers. Even at peak, there are still several servers on the US sitting at merely heavy, not even very heavy.

BioWare wants the current servers full before creating new ones. Unfortunately, people seem to be flocking to the already full ones, resulting in massive waits. Other servers, however, have little to no wait at the same time. If people already will not shift servers, what will creating new servers do for people?

You could get access by trying a different server, don't complain. They aren't forcing you to queue on your particular server.

Not true,it was BW who put us on this server, me my brother and RL friends were assigned to this server through the Guild deployment, some got EGA from day one and are now lvl 30+ others are just lvl 10, so moving is not an option. So in some way we are now "forced" to play in this server.

Edited by Mash_Potato

BioWare didn't properly prep for this. They needed to lock out servers as pops got too high, then add "friend codes" and "guild codes" players could request to let friends/guildies come roll with them, forcing everyone else to roll on other servers.