Dear Bioware, Please extend the Rakghoul event.

I personally love events like this. My only complaint is that it is too short! Only one week to gather enough DNA for cool pets and awesome looking color crystals? Please extend this event for at least another week. Us working folk tend to have limited play time and really can't sit around waiting for the plague to kill us and generate more DNA.**

Does anyone else agree with me?*

*Note: If you don't agree, please don't reply to this post. This is for people who would like to see this awesome event extended.

**Note: If you know a faster way to generate/obtain DNA (minus purchasing from other players) please share.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'd love to have many more world events, I think a week is more than sufficient for each. If you have very limited play time (like myself), buy DNA samples off other players in addition to farming them yourself.

I personally love events like this. My only complaint is that it is too short! Only one week to gather enough DNA for cool pets and awesome looking color crystals? Please extend this event for at least another week. Us working folk tend to have limited play time and really can't sit around waiting for the plague to kill us and generate more DNA.**

*Note: If you don't agree, please don't reply to this post. This is for people who would like to see this awesome event extended.

**Note: If you know a faster way to generate/obtain DNA (minus purchasing from other players) please share.

+1

1.2 encouraged everyone to roll an alt and then they slip in a world event under the radar which you can't really participate in until lvl 23+, by the time i knew what was going on i'd lost a few days into the event.

they could of at least said something so i didn't waste a few days levelling an alt

While I haven't checked it out personally, these events add to the feel of any MMO, IMO. I like the idea of having the plague jump planets, as someone posted in another thread. Once a month or so, it shows up on another world. That sort of thing. (WoW players - Darkmoon Faire?)

Moal

2 weeks is the general MMORPG standard for events, giving most people enough time to complete it once and maybe on a couple of alts too (as well as giving a bit of leeway to those that might be away or only play certain days of the week).

This is a nice event though, generally.

Edited by Goretzu

+1

1.2 encouraged everyone to roll an alt and then they slip in a world event under the radar which you can't really participate in until lvl 23+, by the time i knew what was going on i'd lost a few days into the event.

they could of at least said something so i didn't waste a few days levelling an alt

You must have REALLY avoided the fleet then.

Information was out there, the fact that you did not know about it just means you weren't paying attention :D

Every time you explode you get 5 DNA samples, just stand in the fleet and keep getting infected. Also one you are feverish you can go to the VIP section and jump off, this will cause you to instantly explode, making it even easier to get DNA samples.

Information was out there, the fact that you did not know about it just means you weren't paying attention :D

I saw the news broadcast about tatooine and thought "that'll be interesting to check out once im lvl 25"

I don't tend to stand around in fleet watching the chat when im levelling, it was only when i went to do a flashpoint and saw people exploding i realised it was a world event, but thought it would be here for at least long enough for people to get their alts to tatooine

I think this event would be OK to go on for another week. However, the longer it goes on, the less valuable the rewards become (due to increased supply.) So if you want to sell Green-Black crystals on the GTN, a shorter even really benefits you, assuming you've had enough time to farm up a few extra of those.

I think this event would be OK to go on for another week. However, the longer it goes on, the less valuable the rewards become (due to increased supply.) So if you want to sell Green-Black crystals on the GTN, a shorter even really benefits you, assuming you've had enough time to farm up a few extra of those.

thought all the rewards are bind on pickup so they have no value other than cosmetic and a perk for people who didn't roll alts with 1.2?

My need for extending involves the social gear. I started day 1 and then had to go out of town on business and couldn't play until today. Since you only get 1 extra daily per day of you playing. ie day 1 you get "BLOOD SAMPLE" quest and can't get "PASSENGER LIST" until your the day after you complete "BLOOD SAMPLES". This will prevent me from getting 1 piece of the social gear "containment officer" set by one day. They either need to extend it, or open up all of the dailies.

I didn't notice the event until 2 days ago, when i heard the news thing on the fleet i just presumed it had to do with that Flashpoint.

2 weeks is the general MMORPG standard for events, giving most people enough time to complete it once and maybe on a couple of alts too (as well as giving a bit of leeway to those that might be away or only play certain days of the week).

This is a nice event though, generally.

Bioware should be defining new standards for accessiblity and fun for these things. Not following along like developer sheep. Sure, other games have events for a week or two, maybe BioWare should make it a month then. They did a good job with scaling the level at least.

Putting an event right after a patch that broke a lot of stuff, in the midst of exam season for college and university students, and then making it short isn't really the best plan anyone has ever had. Overall it's a good event and being time limited isn't the end of the world, but it's not affording a lot of time to get things if you want them and have anything else you really need to do this week.

Every time you explode you get 5 DNA samples, just stand in the fleet and keep getting infected. Also one you are feverish you can go to the VIP section and jump off, this will cause you to instantly explode, making it even easier to get DNA samples.

Oh sweet! I did not know this! Thanks!

I think another week would be awesome.

I'm loving the event. I would like to see it go longer as well. I don't get much play time and have more than one character to run through. We are encouraged to play more than one character right? Anyway... great great great event. Thanks guys!!!

PS - Some characters use Medium and Heavy armor :D

I'd say rather than removing it from the servers on the day they plan to take it down, they should remove the relevant NPCs and world items (except the vendor for the time being), but not remove the plague itself from the players. Allow the players to keep spreading it, but at the same time, allow non-infected players to attack infected players. Infected players can fight back if attacked, but cannot initiate combat with the non-infected out of the blue. If an infected player is killed in combat, they no longer explode. Also spawn more powerful containment troopers at the fleets and Tatooine spaceport. This "cleansing", combined with use of the antivirus, will make for a good way to conclude the event and will eventually wipe the plague out entirely. Let us take advantage of the "Lethal force" that has apparently been authorized!

Heck, I've only managed to log like 1 hour of game time since 1.2. And I spent most of that configuring my interface and stacking my companion gifts. I would love to see the event extended.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.