Remove the rakghoul plague now

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, they know. We've tried telling them that for something like 350 pages now. They still are unhappy because the stim doesn't last through death, isn't free, or they don't automatically log in with the stim buff on so they don't have to exert any effort at all.

Oh and there is apparently some way to flag someone to PvP through the explosion.

I think I covered it all. Nonetheless, a lot of QQ over a harmless event.

there's the also bug that was reported where someone lost a piece of gear due to the explosion. I need to track that thread down and see if he's gotten reimbursed yet (I think it was columni boots if you want to search around for it).

Then it would not have been much of a world event, would it? It would have been a zone event, not a world event. I'm sure the CDC and equivalent disease control centers of the world wish real life pandemics would stay quarantined to their respective countries too - would make everything neat and tidy to clean up.
the CDC has the power to quarantine people. Quarantining a space station or warship with a very finite number of entry points should be easy; it should be part of the standard safety protocols. The idea that the fleet wouldn't lock down entry after the disease was spotted and then follow up with a very strict quarantine of anyone who shows sign of infection is really far fetched.

They are not griefers.
It's kind of absurd for you to make that unilateral claim. Clearly some of them ARE griefers.

If you are PvPing, just go PvP. The random small stun that happens once every 10 minutes is insignificant.
No, losign a match is not insifnificant.

If you absolutely feel that you must be virus free while PvP'ing, then go idle on your ship and queue for PvP.
That doesn't actually prevent infection (unless they hot fixed it so that it's no longer transmitted in warzones).

If you don't have your ship, then I'd posit that you should be questing until you get your ship rather than doing PvP anyway.
I'd say that's an absurd stance...they should be playing the content they enjoy. If they enjoy pvp over everything else, they should be doing that, not playing the way that Raeln prefers just because Raeln prefers it that way.

As govt officials and employee's, we would likely receive the vaccine for free. Then they would overtax the public for it; hence the huge cost for items in the game.

:D

And then the over.-taxed public would riot and they'd (wait for it) grief us!

;)

Edited by DieAlteHexe

You maybe. I am an independant "contractor" (er with a stealth field generator (well on a few of my alts anyway)). :p

:D

If they're enough ranks above you, they can apparently still see you. At least that is what happened to me Sunday last. It was quite demoralising!

It is and will ever be a badly designed Kindergarten event. If we allow such to

continue SWTOR will turn out like WoW. Then we will get Christmas Trees and

Easter bunnies, and Halloween costumes..

For RP players, I insist, the game must be fun, but it also must keep up a standard higher then preschool.

Events..even daily ones ought to reflect lore. Since everyone above level 22 most likely has already achieved immunity on Tarus, to be reinfected is unlikely. Especially for Jedi characters.

People...demand quality. If you don't we all will end up with a junky game played by little kids before they rush

off to school.

For RP players, I insist, the game must be fun, but it also must keep up a standard higher then preschool.

Events..even daily ones ought to reflect lore. Since everyone above level 22 most likely has already achieved immunity on Tarus, to be reinfected is unlikely. Especially for Jedi characters.

People...demand quality. If you don't we all will end up with a junky game played by little kids before they rush

off to school.

Oh man...a very well put post!! Glad you posted it. It is spot on about this event! Give the poster a 10/10. :)

Edited by Valkirus

I was 26, the fellows who thought I needed to get my rest and were giving out free dirt-naps were all 50s. And once my "I just woke up from a refreshing dirt-nap" invis and put on my own invis and took like 2 steps BLAMMO the group of 50s got me again.

I was never so glad to my QT refresh in my life.

Edited by Parali
reply to bad quote

I'd say that's an absurd stance...they should be playing the content they enjoy. If they enjoy pvp over everything else, they should be doing that, not playing the way that Raeln prefers just because Raeln prefers it that way.

Yeah! We should all be playing the way ferroz prefers just because ferroz prefers it that way.

For RP players, I insist, [snip]

That is and will ever be your opinion. Devs had said they don't want to bring "real world" events into the game. Maybe when Kashyyyk is added we can get Life Day.

Do you delete your character the first time you die?

No?

So you have already made compromises for this being a game. Why cant you RP your way around the plague? Or have your character profit off of it?

Edited by Subatia

Yeah, they know. We've tried telling them that for something like 350 pages now. They still are unhappy because the stim doesn't last through death, isn't free, or they don't automatically log in with the stim buff on so they don't have to exert any effort at all.

Oh and there is apparently some way to flag someone to PvP through the explosion.

I think I covered it all. Nonetheless, a lot of QQ over a harmless event.

Actually if you haven't played for 6 hours the stim will still be on your character when you log back in. I guessing the stim is for 6 hours of play not a straight 6 hours.

Out of idle curiosity would you accept it from another player and use it? Would that help your concerns?

I keep tryin' to give mine away and nobody wants it. :confused:

Well if they are in a guild it is possible the guild is taking care of that. I know I try to make sure all my guild members have it (if they want it) in the chnce they like me don't want to be infected.

Well if they are in a guild it is possible the guild is taking care of that. I know I try to make sure all my guild members have it (if they want it) in the chnce they like me don't want to be infected.

Yup, I have shared it amongst guildies, random players, pretty much any time I see someone asking for it. Seems the right thing to do.

As govt officials and employee's, we would likely receive the vaccine for free.
No, the only realistic scenario is mandatory inoculations and an extremely harshly enforced quarantine. Anything less lacks verisimilitude.

Yeah! We should all be playing the way ferroz prefers just because ferroz prefers it that way.
No, you should play the way that you want to. Ferroz prefers it that way, but that's kind of irrelevant to the matter.

lol! I guess I would. But that would defeat the purpose of the protest would'nt it?
This sentence pretty much reflects the whole whining... for the sake of whining.

In other words: "yes, there are many ways to avoid or bypass the event, but we don't want to use them, because it would negate the reasons for our whining - and we WANT to whine until we negatively affect this event!"

:rolleyes:

Edited by Korrigan

This sentence pretty much reflects the whole whining... for the sake of whining.

In other words: "yes, there are many ways to avoid or bypass the event, but we don't want to use them, because it would negate the reasons for our whining - and we WANT to whine until we negatively affect this event!"

:t_cool:With that, I'm outta here.

Nothing else need be said.

I hope everyone enjoys this event.

To those sulking in a corner while under the delusion of persecution, it is almost over. You'll be able to stand around in the fleet Tuesday without fear of someone walking up to you and handing you money.

To those sulking in a corner while under the delusion of persecution, it is almost over. You'll be able to stand around in the fleet Tuesday without fear of someone walking up to you and handing you money.

:) dig it!

(I still call shenanigans!!!)

Na. It's for the sake of hoping BioWare will design the next event to make more sense. :)

After having gotten over my fever (not rakghoul related, I haven't exploded yet anyway), after having cooled down from the constant accusations of being a griefer (something I don't take kindly since I loathe the kind of people who derive enjoyment from the misery of others) and the general belittling attitude of Ferroz, I realize that I have been a bit too aggressive in my posts. Admittedly this realization came from reading some of DiealteHexe's posts, while avoiding a few choice others, and seeing that she is keeping the level head I should have from the beginning.

My opinions haven't really changed, I still think that other games have held far more intrusive events, which were great fun, while not offering any kind of opt out like SWTOR does. While I can sympathise somewhat with those who have issues with the event in regards to PvP I still think that the fact that it applies equally to both sides doesn't make changes a top priority nor a necessity. If BW chooses to change something in this regard I won't be opposed, just as I won't be opposed if they decide to leave it as is.

I have always seen the involuntary flagging issue as a bug that needs to be seen to. That should be a priority for the next similar event, which may be this one when it come around again. Hopefully it will.

I don't support the suggestion to have kept the event soley to Tatooine, wouldn't be much of a world/galaxy event if it had.

As for making the vaccine free and lasting through death I'm sceptical. While there may be some merit to doing so I keep thinking that that applies to no other stim, adrenal or food in the game, they aren't free and they certainly don't last through death. Part of me feels that making them free will take away from the whole thing, although, if 2k is too expensive then perhaps a price reduction is in order.

In the end BW has the metrix on this event and may very well decide to make certainly changes in order to improve coming events based on those figures.

As for the constant griefer debate all I can say is that some people will grief other players no matter what, no matter how petty their methods or how trivial their successes. But I for one am certain that the vast majority of those participating in this event are not griefing, they are simply playing the game and achieving goals BW has set, their intentions run along the lines of completing a quest and getting as many DNA samples as they can. That is why you see most of them standing in tight groups taking turns infecting each other. Bad apples exist everywhere, but don't lump the majority in with that lot.

Edited by Runeshard

Na. It's for the sake of hoping BioWare will design the next event to make more sense. :)

With all due respect, we are talking about a gaming world where shuttles can pick you up in the middle of caves, where only our characters are given a life saving med droid that's kept us all from death numerous times and where you can re-live an entire botched conversation with someone just by hitting esc. Too much realism can be a bad thing and we can all benefit from a bit of suspension of disbelief.

Edited by Runeshard