Do You want cross server LFG tool?

Msicr

People leaving is a non issue since you can replace them in seconds. Rolling need on everything sounds like bad game mechanics.

Guess what, those things happen right now without any sort of FP tool. On top of that did you know if you call someone out in SWTOR and they report you, YOU get the warning.

Yet that stuff didn't happen NEAR as often before that tool with X-server. How do you explain that? Yes, it still happens, but the person knows that you're hands are tied as far as warning the community about their antics, no holds are barred.

Besides, this is all moot. An X-server tool will be utterly unnecessary once they're done with the server transfers they've already started.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen anyone actually publicly shamed by the community-at-large since Ultima Online (and even then not really). Most people just don't care the Mikedatrollhumper is a ninja. Whether Mike is from their server or a different one. No cross-server really doesn't change someone is a ninja or not; there are loot systems that completely bypass the typical roll system anyways and hopefully we'll see that implemented more fully in the future. Someone leaving, well that's going to happen no matter what. I've had that happen in this game. Just have to replace them.

Well, I've solved the problem myself: I don't PuG. I stopped about 9 years ago. I still try every now and again, but always with the same bad results, so I don't.

So, that said, if they do implement an X-server LFG tool, more power to you guys, because I don't PuG. I officially give up.

But, again, the point is moot because it will be unnecessary.

Yet that stuff didn't happen NEAR as often before that tool with X-server. How do you explain that? Yes, it still happens, but the person knows that you're hands are tied as far as warning the community about their antics, no holds are barred.

Besides, this is all moot. An X-server tool will be utterly unnecessary once they're done with the server transfers they've already started.

It did happen, like crazy, long before the LFD was ever invented in WoW.

Server merges will help but only short term. Populations go up and down, they are not gonna merge servers every billing cycle. Some people like the light pop servers but still like to run FPs.

X-Server is a long term solution, plain and simple.

Most bad behavior can be fixed via game mechanics and losing someone from the group is not the end of the run like it is now.

I haven't seen anyone actually publicly shamed by the community-at-large since Ultima Online (and even then not really). Most people just don't care the Mikedatrollhumper is a ninja. Whether Mike is from their server or a different one. No cross-server really doesn't change someone is a ninja or not; there are loot systems that completely bypass the typical roll system anyways and hopefully we'll see that implemented more fully in the future. Someone leaving, well that's going to happen no matter what. I've had that happen in this game. Just have to replace them.

Trying to shame someone nowadays will simply get you reported for griefing and depending upon the mood of the admin handling the report...

Trying to shame someone nowadays will simply get you reported for griefing and depending upon the mood of the admin handling the report...

Depends on what game you play. As an example, I actually saw a player get banned for rolling on an RP server and start flaming RPers in General (world) chat. No one reported him, he just happened to spew while a GM was on. No questions asked, no warning, just BAM gone.

We all loved it. But this certainly isn't the same approach another game developer would take.

In RIFT, too, I saw a lot of people getting called out for shenanigans, and we appreciated it. Lots of expressions of appreciation from the community.

Of course, it was the first time in a LONG time that I finally saw the community policing itself, as it should be.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

No

we should just have 4 servers (PvE, PvP, RP, RP-PvP). and have it sharded and you can just change you shard/channel at anytime. kinda like in guild wars 1. but also have a queuing system like they have for warzones but for flashpoints.

this would also make trying to play with some friends that already have a character on another server easier.

It would make the game always feel populated even though the fleet may have 30 shards, and Quest may just have one.

this way it's kind of a mixed bag and it has best of both worlds. and this would be better for when they have ranked WZs, that way ranked players aren't playing against unranked players and seperate the premades from the PUGs. this would finally let us just pick any set of WZs we want to play.

This would probably take a lot of effort, time and money for bioware to do so i wouldn't count on something like this happening but if they did, they would be awesome and solve some problems. and as for getting rid of server community, i think that it wouldn't be so bad since everyone would be together and it would be quite the opposite :D

No

we should just have 4 servers (PvE, PvP, RP, RP-PvP). and have it sharded and you can just change you shard/channel at anytime. kinda like in guild wars 1. but also have a queuing system like they have for warzones but for flashpoints.

this would also make trying to play with some friends that already have a character on another server easier.

It would make the game always feel populated even though the fleet may have 30 shards, and Quest may just have one.

this way it's kind of a mixed bag and it has best of both worlds. and this would be better for when they have ranked WZs, that way ranked players aren't playing against unranked players and seperate the premades from the PUGs. this would finally let us just pick any set of WZs we want to play.

This would probably take a lot of effort, time and money for bioware to do so i wouldn't count on something like this happening but if they did, they would be awesome and solve some problems. and as for getting rid of server community, i think that it wouldn't be so bad since everyone would be together and it would be quite the opposite :D

That sounds kind of like the way they did it on Champion's Online as I recall. And that had a fantastic, very friendly community as well (I found it funny how many of them were former WoW players who were sick of the elitism). Sadly, the game itself only held my interest up to level 17. Not sure how that style could be made to work with a subscriber base the size of ToR's though.

YES!

Group finder won't make it easier to find a group at all unless it's cross-server.

They tried it on Rift and you would just sit in the queue for hours, they made it cross server a few days later because people complained about how the single server group finder did not help at all.

YES!!

I want to see all the content SWTOR has to offer and I can't do it very easily by spamming fleet all day long. I'd even take it one step forward and say they should add a LF Operations tool as well. Why make content only available to those who can set specific times to enjoy it each week? Makes things accessible! That is what keeps players satisfied and resubbing.

I would rather just wait for character transfers for the US and EU. I agree that it would be fun for the meantime on smaller servers like the one I'm on. Would be able to play early in the morning or whenever I want and always be able to do something, but, I treasure community and familiarity which would be tarnished by xlfg. I'll just wait.

I'm curious as to why anyone would be against this. So far, the people that have said "no" obviously have friends to play the game with, making their opinion irrelevant, as they wouldn't be using the tool. For the rest of us, it would be a Godsend. Spending 3 hours looking for a group to do anything during prime time on a high pop. server isn't fun and never will be.

No. It limits the population giving players the opportunity to recognize and develop a rep with other players. In the end you stand a better chance of making new friends and the tool becomes a filler tool instead of a pug assembler.

But then again, I am not a fan of the LFG tools as I feel it causes social areas to dwindle. Players are no longer socializing in a zone having conversations and interaction with each other. Now everyone is spread around the world. They make MMO's less social in my opinion. The broader the tool gets the less social we get.

First people say this is not a mmo, but a single player rpg

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...player+rpg+mmo

then people all complained nobody wants to group in a mmo which contradicts the above complaint

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=354211

then people wanted a dungeon finder because people complaint you guys cant find groups to group with.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=146196

http://www.swtor.com/fr/community/sh...d.php?t=322851

then people complain how a dungeon finder will ruined the community which to begin with people complain this is not a mmo but a single player rpg which people cant find anyone to group with

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=389980

lol

Do You want cross server LFG tool? Yes or No and a comment why you think as you do.

Yes.

Faster Group finding, Low pop Servers are solved untill Server merge.

I see many are worried about the trolling and such, Well i am too but, on many servers there is like 40 players on the fleet and maybe 5-10 on all the planets, If they dont fix the server pop, Cross server is needed.

Would also be great to be able to turn on Cross server and use it on early mornings example.

Yes i want it i feel any mmo on todays market needs to have cross server grouping tools.

My account here is cancelled until Swtor get up to speed with the current market on such tools.

First people say this is not a mmo, but a single player rpg

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...player+rpg+mmo

then people all complained nobody wants to group in a mmo which contradicts the above complaint

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=354211

then people wanted a dungeon finder because people complaint you guys cant find groups to group with.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=146196

http://www.swtor.com/fr/community/sh...d.php?t=322851

then people complain how a dungeon finder will ruined the community which to begin with people complain this is not a mmo but a single player rpg which people cant find anyone to group with

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=389980

lol

LOL

And YEEES! Honestly I dont get it why that huge fear for a LFG tool.... My experience with that system is about 95% good ones, had issues with ninja, kids, baddies, yes ofc, but in the same lvl I had issues with pugs of my own server.

And the argument saying that "It kills the community" pfffff that is plain and simple garbage.... mainly cause u cant kill something that is already dead (Rep pov).