8 seconds is crap

Murdertrane

***Copied from my post on Scoundrel forum***

I know it.

Anyone who has spent a day in warzones on a scrapper/conceal (or any stealther) knows it.

People who don't even stealth know it.

8 seconds to get out of combat is horse ****.

These are two videos I took last night. At the time I took them, I felt like had done nothing to be locked in combat. I re-watched the videos 20-30 times to see if I missed anything. I haven't seen anything yet except a broken combat system.

Both of these videos were following finish-off or solo kills and I didn't bother pressing the record button until probably 20 seconds after I finished the kill and was like ***? You'll just have to take my word for it on that one, though. Regardless, the videoed part still shows -clearly- that there is either no consistent 8-seconds-to-end-combat as George was so keen on telling us. Or there are significant bugs that keep that 8-second combat drop from initiating.

Again, these are but 2 videos I happened to take that show the problem. But we all know it's not something rare. It's not an every-once-in-awhile problem.

It's an

Every...

Single...

Warzone...

Problem.

So here ya go.

If anyone notices something--anything--I did to keep me locked, please let me know. But if you watch my hotbars carefully, you'll see I take absolutely no action, nor do I have DoTs ticking. And, unlike people who seeming want to hate this game, I want to love it. I'd be thrilled if someone pointed out something I screwed up on. Because if I can fix that, I'll be an even bigger terror in warzones.

I don't video stuff for fun. I'm not gonna apologize for formatting or anything like that. The clip was taken with one sole purpose: to show that the 8 second combat drop is horse ****. You know, kinda like the teams of operatives making people quit the game.

Video 1:

Video 2:

***Edit 2*** Video 2 also shows the laughable distance from which we're seen in stealth now. The op who auto attacked me is a friend who has no stealth detection, but he still knocked me out of stealth from 20+m

As I said, this is one Huttball match.

You can imagine how many times we deal with this on a daily basis.

Edited by Murdertrane

DOT keeps you in combat (after 1.2) . and something else keeps us in combat

That may be the case.

But DoTs aren't supposed to (apparently).

Regardless, I have no way of proving it other than saying it: I did not have Vital Shot or Flyby up on anyone. Period.

Any tics of fletchette had long since dissipated since I killed my opponent.

That may be the case.

But DoTs aren't supposed to (apparently).

Regardless, I have no way of proving it other than saying it: I did not have Vital Shot or Flyby up on anyone. Period.

Any tics of fletchette had long since dissipated since I killed my opponent.

I oftentimes find that after I kill someone who had a healer on them that the healer becomes "agressive" to me and holds me in combat, even though he doesn't hit me. Sometimes I see them casting heals in on someone else, perhaps this "can" keep us in combat...

I oftentimes find that after I kill someone who had a healer on them that the healer becomes "agressive" to me and holds me in combat, even though he doesn't hit me. Sometimes I see them casting heals in on someone else, perhaps this "can" keep us in combat...

That seems to be the case since they changed the fact that healers can now get kills while healing now.

According to the developers we all must be playing "some very unusual games" if we are not able to drop out of combat 8 seconds after the last hostile action. :rolleyes:

And yea, 8 seconds is complete BS and probably only works 1/5 of the time.

do you really play with your toon zoomed all the way in?

lol nah.

I had already been stuck in combat for 10+ seconds when I said screw it and decided to hit F9 to start recording. The time I show in the video is probably half the total amount of time I stayed in combat.

I had scrolled out to see *** was keeping me in combat (ie someone shooting me and it not registering) and overscrolled back in so that's why the cam's up my butt.

Hey Murder..stumbled across this while surfing Op forums :p

From my perspective.....When you stealthed by me I saw you....and you never faded out. I'd say you were a good 8 meters away when my autoshot cycled again and I hit you popping you out. Might have been server lag, who knows..but im sure I saved that Pug you were about to blow up from a terrible beatdown :p

Hey Murder..stumbled across this while surfing Op forums :p

From my perspective.....When you stealthed by me I saw you....and you never faded out. I'd say you were a good 8 meters away when my autoshot cycled again and I hit you popping you out. Might have been server lag, who knows..but im sure I saved that Pug you were about to blow up from a terrible beatdown :p

Haha heya Trys,

I was watching the vid for evidence that 8 seconds is ******** then at the end it had the added bonus of showing how easily we're seen/popped out of stealth. :)

I can live with an op/scoundrel seeing and popping me. Hell, even a sin/shadow. But man it sucks when I get dotted from 15-20 meters with a single-target sorc dot. ****'s crazy.

I'm still having fun. But there's so many things on a daily basis that just make me shake my head in disbelief.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.

PS: Play more repub mang

I maintain nothing is MORE telling that there's a disconnect between subscribers and developer's than a certain someone's dismissive statement about how 'unusual' our manner of playing huttball is if we never drop out of combat.

I maintain nothing is MORE telling that there's a disconnect between subscribers and developer's than a certain someone's dismissive statement about how 'unusual' our manner of playing huttball is if we never drop out of combat.

Couldn't agree more.

I had kind of hoped that providing video proof (I'm sure mine's not the first by any stretch) would lead to a huge thread with people frustrated and maybe get some dev attention.

I'm not sure if it's malaise, small population of our spec, or if my experiences are rare (I don't think they are) but until we really make some noise, I don't honestly see this changing.

Here's hoping.

I had kind of hoped that providing video proof (I'm sure mine's not the first by any stretch) would lead to a huge thread with people frustrated and maybe get some dev attention.

Then why'd you put it in the Operative forum?

The only time this forum gets read by the dev team is when someone forwards them a post ripe for the trolling. :rolleyes:

they'll do something eventually. after all on many servers, populations are heading downwards. on my server which is still a medium to high pop server, you barely have 300-400 imperials and half that republics...less than a thousand less on a server and the numbers just go down everyday. plenty of guildmates have left for guild wars 2. i got my free month from the 1.2 event and frankly if things don't improve in the near future, i'll be done subscribing. so the devs can keep being disconnected from their subscribers if they wish...their lil pet events will eventually run them into the ground :)

This problem is pandemic for all classes... it's not just a stealth class problem. Sometimes I'll stand around for 20-30 seconds on my marauder just waiting for combat to drop so I can heal myself. Actually, I would say stealth classes have it a little easier, since they both have a CD that will instantly stealth them and drop combat. Other classes don't have that.

I agree with some of the previous posters that this problem is likely associated with having healers involved in the combat. I would suggest that it occurs most frequently when there was a heal over time ability cast on the subject of the combat, thus putting the healer into combat with the player. The player defeats the combat subject but is still in combat with the healer, who has likely left the immediate area.

This problem is pandemic for all classes... it's not just a stealth class problem. Sometimes I'll stand around for 20-30 seconds on my marauder just waiting for combat to drop so I can heal myself.
My heart bleeds for you, really.

Actually, I would say stealth classes have it a little easier, since they both have a CD that will instantly stealth them and drop combat.
Except that it doesn't drop you out of combat in either PvP or PvE, and stealth is just as sketchy in both.

Other classes don't have that.
I guess they'll just have to settle for all the other working utility that they do have. Darn.

As a former Lethality Op (I made the jump to the lame side for a bit), I can say that I'm glad that stealth isn't such a major necessity for my overall performance. If it was, I'd have quit a long time ago because the smallest heal or lingering DoT just screws you to no end. But, here are some really good ones:

- I've been stuck in combat the past few nights after killing a target

- I've been stuck in combat after using Cloaking Screen

- I've been stuck in combat after dying (that was a great one) along with being down 25% health cause I died in a fire trap

I can handle bugs with a new game but some of these are awfully game breaking. Hell, for the life of me, I still don't understand why Ops/Scoundrels have to wait until lvl 36 to get their stealth opener, why having stealth doesn't mean that I'm invisible when the bulk of my damage comes from being in stealth, and why, if stealth is so fragile and balanced to be such, I have a 60s cool down to make my stealth better but it only lasts 8s and still doesn't do anything to prevent me from being kbed, popped out of stealth by rampant AoE, and still doesn't negate Trooper/BH anti-stealth.

DOT keeps you in combat (after 1.2) . and something else keeps us in combat

Funny that because other classes I've dotted up go away and regen (since it doesn't stop that anymore) where I'm stuck in combat and cant do anything but heal myself (if I have energy left) most of the time though someone comes across and just kills me before I can go invis, happens every WZ, getting over it.

And 8 seconds? You are lucky takes me sometimes up to 20. I've had one or 2 instances (no joke) it took up to 45 seconds, it seemed like the person was on the other side of the WZ still and he had to die before I got out of combat. Is completely retarded.