5k creds a game vs 37k to remove mods.

goulet

i dont need to become some shipping magnate from playing pvp when it comes to credits earned but when it costs 111k to take the mods out of pvp armor, and 148k to remove mods from weapons, and you get 5k credits a game.... the math seems skewed. 20 games to remove mods from 1 piece of armor even if you win some fast is still a rather large investment time wise relative to what it accomplishes.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That could be a significant issue if that was the only way to earn credits. I understand that PVP people don't want to grind PVE content for credits but I don't see it being different from grinding PVE levels to do level 50 PVP either, and we all did that. Edited by Obtena

I don't really understand why people expect to get EVERYTHING done by only PvP, in game that is clearly not a PvP ONLY game.

Don't get me wrong, i PvP a lot, but the sheer neglection of anything aside from PvP to actually get what you want just makes no sense.

PvP is not the way to actually get a lot of credits, so do something else.

That could be a significant issue if that was the only way to earn credits. I understand that PVP people don't want to grind PVE content for credits but I don't see it being different from grinding PVE levels to do level 50 PVP either, and we all did that.

maybe u did but i leveled from 11-50 in warzones. i only did pve content long enough to get to warzone Qs. so OP has a valid pt. PvPers dont wanna do PvE **** for creds......and shouldnt have to. Creds from wz was already waaaay behind questing and now it took a nose dive.....3 quests takes what? 10mins? and that anywhere from 21-30k yet a 15min warzone is 3k-6500? **** that.....cap on creds in warzones need to be 20-25k (for 4+ dauntless medals or whatever it is now to get 6500)

I don't really understand why people expect to get EVERYTHING done by only PvP, in game that is clearly not a PvP ONLY game.

Don't get me wrong, i PvP a lot, but the sheer neglection of anything aside from PvP to actually get what you want just makes no sense.

so check this out....neither is PvE...and maybe ppl expect to get everything done with PvP because u can get everything done with PvE. see how that works?

Edited by heinywb

That could be a significant issue if that was the only way to earn credits. I understand that PVP people don't want to grind PVE content for credits but I don't see it being different from grinding PVE levels to do level 50 PVP either, and we all did that.

Eh, but at the same time, imagine the outcry if we forced PVE raiders to say get some consumables from PvP only.

/disclaimer I'm a mixed PvE/PvP player so I don't know how "hard" it is to make cash by PvP only.

So dumb question... Aren't there now some BoE items that you could spend WZ comms for to sell on the GTN/Trade to make cash? I'm pretty sure you could sell the +41 crystals for a pretty penny on the GTN if your focus is getting enough cash to rip mods out.

Granted PvE definitely makes more cash, but in PvE you need to support your repair bill as well as keep your companion(s) geared up.

For pure PvP folks, crew skills can help for making cash too (granted, once you've sunk a bunch in to level). I know that's not strictly PvP only, but since it doesn't really involve you doing much other than queuing up the companion, it should be a no-brainer. Folks spend enormous amounts of time in queue waiting for WZs to tick, why not make the best of that time and engage in GTN PvP? (BTW, playing the market is, IMHO, a form of PvP as well, just not combat oriented.)

i dont need to become some shipping magnate from playing pvp when it comes to credits earned but when it costs 111k to take the mods out of pvp armor, and 148k to remove mods from weapons, and you get 5k credits a game.... the math seems skewed. 20 games to remove mods from 1 piece of armor even if you win some fast is still a rather large investment time wise relative to what it accomplishes.

Your numbers are chosen poorly, though correct. To provide more context:

5k/game =true

111k/piece of armor =true

BUT

If you're buying all the armor and weapon, and switching every mod, thats 550kish, which is ~110 games

110 games nets about 8800 commendations (assuming decent win rate)

Oh hey, 8800 commendations is about what a full set (ALL pieces, not just moddable ones) costs! So if you absolutely must mod every piece of gear, you can do so as you build your set.

p.s. I'm a player who does ONLY pvp. I've done a total of 2 dailies, and about 12 flashpoints. I'm sitting on 2.5 million credits, and it has only gone up since 1.2 -even after modding my gear.

p.p.s. Don't forget the daily pvp quest

maybe u did but i leveled from 11-50 in warzones. i only did pve content long enough to get to warzone Qs. so OP has a valid pt. PvPers dont wanna do PvE **** for creds......and shouldnt have to. Creds from wz was already waaaay behind questing and now it took a nose dive.....3 quests takes what? 10mins? and that anywhere from 21-30k yet a 15min warzone is 3k-6500? **** that.....cap on creds in warzones need to be 20-25k (for 4+ dauntless medals or whatever it is now to get 6500)

You do realize that this is not a PvP bas4ed game right?

Leveling credits I agree need a boost in warzones, OR they need to reduce training costs.

However at 50, if all you do is pvp (like me) ...what are you spending credits on other than modding your gear?

Maybe consumables now and then. But if you're doing only pvp, then just roll biochem for reusables.

If you're doing PvE you need to repair, often. You also could sink money into crafting or ship upgrades. As a pure pvp'er who was smart and took biochem (on all 3 of my characters) my only credit sink is new orange gear and re-modding and augments. All of which are affordable on a pvp-only income. Will money be tight sometimes? Yeah. Will you eventually be sitting on millions of credits and have nothing to do with them? Yeah.

Edited by FacetiousTomato
error

Well, for one thing PvP gear is not well suited for PvE. Can it be done? Sure, but if you want to be effective you need a set of PvE gear.

So another grind and more credits needed to maintain both sets.

It would be better IMO to just have one set of top tier gear needed that would work for either and have expertise mods earned with WZ comms only active in WZs.

so check this out....neither is PvE...and maybe ppl expect to get everything done with PvP because u can get everything done with PvE. see how that works?

No you cant ;)

You cant get valor ranks, war hero or battlemaster.

But that doesnt matter, you can still get everything except rakata etc..... Just takes a little longer...

No you cant ;)

But that doesnt matter, you can still get everything except rakata etc..... Just takes a little longer...

Post 1.2 Valor ranks are pointless and worthless and have no current bearing on game or stats really.

No you cant ;)

if all u do is pve why do u need valor ranks? or pvp gear? next

Leveling credits I agree need a boost in warzones, OR they need to reduce training costs.

However at 50, if all you do is pvp (like me) ...what are you spending credits on other than modding your gear?

Maybe consumables now and then. But if you're doing only pvp, then just roll biochem for reusables.

If you're doing PvE you need to repair, often. You also could sink money into crafting or ship upgrades. As a pure pvp'er who was smart and took biochem (on all 3 of my characters) my only credit sink is new orange gear and re-modding and augments. All of which are affordable on a pvp-only income. Will money be tight sometimes? Yeah. Will you eventually be sitting on millions of credits and have nothing to do with them? Yeah.

augmented pvp gear is all the rage. gotta run crew missions to get mats or buy from GTN. costs creds.....lots of them. and gotta craft/buy augments for all that crit crafted gear i just made....more creds......now i gotta swap all my mods/enh/armorings over to the augmented gear....**** ton of creds.......reuseables from biochem arent the best in the game, and those ones cost credits to use over and over.

bottom line, we all need credits.....lots of credits. why force everyone to pve or pvp to get money....why not just make them fairly similar

BioWare promised PvP players that they need not PvE!

Look at War Hero itemization, it sucks. We literally need to grind x2 sets of War Hero as to be able to get the mods we need! AND pay 2million for the Augmented gear!

This is unacceptable...We need to earn much more per game...At least 20k per game.

Well, for one thing PvP gear is not well suited for PvE. Can it be done? Sure, but if you want to be effective you need a set of PvE gear.

So another grind and more credits needed to maintain both sets.

It would be better IMO to just have one set of top tier gear needed that would work for either and have expertise mods earned with WZ comms only active in WZs.

When i started gearing up, i went for PvP gear since it was so easy (and i was lucky with bags) to get and had no problem doing PvE daylies at all.

Completely taken out of context, gg.

You can not get everything done with PvE, hence why there is PvP gear.

If u decide on completely ignoring 1 MAJOR part of the game, why do you expect to have the same possibilities as someone who does both?

PvP gear is more than enough do do pretty much all PvE daylies, without any problems.

I had a full champ set for pretty much anything, even first nightmare operations, no problem at all.

Edited by AmonSWTOR

Completely taken out of context, gg.

You can not get everything done with PvE, hence why there is PvP gear.

If u decide on completely ignoring 1 MAJOR part of the game, why do you expect to have the same possibilities as someone who does both?

PvP gear is more than enough do do pretty much all PvE daylies, without any problems.

I had a full champ set for pretty much anything, even first nightmare operations, no problem at all.

completely ignorant to the debate??? *** are u talking about?

If im a pve'er and all i do is PVE, im set....i dont need to pvp because i dont need pvp gear because all i do is PVE. i got 30+ dailies for creds....i have multiple OPs on 3 different difficulties. im golden.

if im a pvp'er and all i do is pvp....im broke....i have to pve to get creds because i only have 1 pvp daily and 1 pvp weekly available to me. so i have to run wz's repeatedly....and there's only 4 which give a max of 6500 credits if u completely smoke the other team.

Did the light bulb click?

imho the prices to remove mods are expensive. waaaay to much.

yesterday I was thinking in try some new lightsaber but after think better how much I would spend I just will stick with my current one until I get more money. Im kind broke right now and all because the "remove" mods. I play alot when 1.2 came.