Fix your laggy game already FFS

Dee-Jay

The code driving this game must be one of the sloppiest pieces of code to ever made for an MMO.

More than ever, ability delay and poor netcode are ruing this game.

I'd estimate that one in 6 gobal cooldowns goes to waste due to empty GCDs that trigger without actually playing an ability. This happens in PvE, PvP and even when doing DPS to my target dummies.

Then you have the constant "jitter" especially prevalent with Ball-carriers in Huttball that will have the carrier lag for up to 5 seconds only to suddenly appear right in front of your goal line. And then there's the occasional huge lag when passing a ball, when I won't see or know if the pass was successful until I'm actually respawning.

I mean really, this is supposed to be a AAA MMO?

Stuff like this is really pissing me off and unjustifiable for an MMO of such magnitude.

/rant

Edited by Dee-Jay

My game runs perfectly fine as well. I never even notice lag unless my modem need to be reset.

30ms latency on a 100Mbit connection.

Yeah I really doubt my bandwidth is the problem.

30-40 FPS during warzones....so that too at least shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by Dee-Jay

I'm wondering if the rakghoul event is affecting the whole server. I've had really bad stuttering since the event started, its the only thing I can think to blame. Not just Tattooine and Fleet though, I was lagging hard on Quesh and Hoth last night.

I have no lag or waste of cooldowns or jitter (but I don't play Huttball). I have fps drops, but my machine is old. Apart from that, the feel of this MMO is no different than any other MMO I've played (UI differences aside).

30ms latency on a 100Mbit connection.

Yeah I really doubt my bandwidth is the problem.

30-40 FPS during warzones....so that too at least shouldn't be a problem.

Runs fine for me, even on a "non-gaming" PC with a 1.5 Mbps connection... Ever stop to think it might be something other than the theorhetical "connection speed"? There's such things as deterioration of elements within the system; reduced GPU performance due to heat-over-time, fauly/imtermittent wiring connections, power-supply fluctuations, etc. etc. etc... for pages... if it works fine for others, then it can't be a problem at the source, can it?

I'm on a decent, good rig. Not the newest out there, but should be able to max this game, but I can't due to lag.

I'm also almost done educating as a game programmer and to all the self-proclaimed experts out there: This game is not coded how it should have been. There are loads of coding and design errors.

I'm not hating on the game or saying that I don't like it. But these things are true.

Hope they fix it one day :)

i'd also like to point out that not only does it sounds like the op is quoting theoretical net speeds... those are not actually speeds... its more like how big of a pipe you can get data threw for all we know you have a bad router between you and the game server slowing your connection down...

perhaps if you wanted to be helpful you could post some computer specs and some trace route's... you know to prove its not your computer or your connection... because i have actually noticed significant improvements to my fps with the 1.2.0a patch

Its a good game ish, buggy has hell, and crap engine. i7 second gen, 480 sli, carnt use sli crash loading screen, or funny text, after 30 days free im gone. i do enjoy pvp tho. dam crazy now being a sorc. They have no clu and its show..

O yeah got buggy sound now, and warzone's start with 5vs8 6vs 8 7vs8 and never fills :( tera open beta at week end.

Bugy bloody mess

Hello Everyone,

As we already have several ongoing discussions about system performance with Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, we will be closing this thread to keep the discussion as consolidated as possible. Please feel free to post your feedback in any or all of the below linked threads:

*Ultimate* Desktop PC Performance Guide

RAMDISK for SWTOR (increased performance)

Horrid FPS

Thank you for your patience and understanding.