free 30 days applied after next billing cycle. very misleading bw

Zeebie

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny, I'll be credited my 30 days late night 24th of april i think the email said, but my billing period ends on the 21st /22ndof april. (As do many of the people who started playing from december 21st and 22nd in 2011 with an active subscription (which was when the game launched publicly)

So i will be billed for 30 days, only to receive an additional free 30 days two-three days later. So its a choice between not playing for 2 days, or paying for 30 days, and getting 60 days, when i'd prefer to have my 30 free days THEN continue paying my subscription.

They want our money now, not later, because there's more money to come later from all those people who didn't get free 30 days.

I love paranoid people. Always finding some sinister motive where there is none.
You mean to say this isn't an obvious ploy to inflate subscription numbers just before they tally subscribers for their quarterly report?

Weren't we all laughing at Blizzard when they offered up the kitchen sink to get people to pay for full year subscriptions to WoW?

How is this any different, except in that it's more disturbing because the game is only four months old and has had relatively few major performance issues?

So i will be billed for 30 days, only to receive an additional free 30 days two-three days later.
That's the whole idea.

Why do you think the OP suggested that it was misleading.

Edited by Ansultares

Just quit the game. You're not going to be happy. If you can't afford the next month, quit. If you think Bioware is duping you for money, quit. If you're unsatisfied with the game, the service, the billing practices, then quit.

You'll be better off in the long run, and the rest of us can go on blissfully unaware of the heinous crime that is being perpetrated by a company charging people a subscription fee for a monthly subscription game.

I'm not saying I was mislead, It's simply very convinient that the free days are credited a full 2 days after the most common billing period 'end date', as there are still MANY people who have been subscribed since launch.

It is a grab for money, but it doesn't make it misleading, it doesn't take a genius to figure out you can either cancel your subscription and not play till your credited the 30 days, OR you can pay for 30 days, only to be credited another 30 days later and have 60 days before you need to pay again.

It's funny, I'll be credited my 30 days late night 24th of april i think the email said, but my billing period ends on the 21st /22ndof april. (As do many of the people who started playing from december 21st and 22nd in 2011 with an active subscription (which was when the game launched publicly)

So i will be billed for 30 days, only to receive an additional free 30 days two-three days later. So its a choice between not playing for 2 days, or paying for 30 days, and getting 60 days, when i'd prefer to have my 30 free days THEN continue paying my subscription.

They want our money now, not later, because there's more money to come later from all those people who didn't get free 30 days.

What? If you don't have an active subscription when they go to do the credit, you get nothing. So either you renew on the 21st and get 60 days for the price of 30 or you get nothing.

You have to have an ACTIVE SUBSCRIPTION to get the 30 days, meaning it's not inflating ANYTHING because the people are already actively subscribed. READING comprehension people. Read what they said and comprehend it.

Not to mention EVERY other MMO I have ever played does this to get people back who already don't pay. Bioware is going above and beyond, losing millions of guaranteed money, just because they feel like giving back to the people who have stuck with them through launch. If it were up to me I would spend that money and hire a forum moderator and go through every troll post and disqualify every forum troll from consideration. But then again I hate stupid people and don't run a massive company like BW.

Edited by solidkjames

I'm not saying I was mislead, It's simply very convinient that the free days are credited a full 2 days after the most common billing period 'end date', as there are still MANY people who have been subscribed since launch.

It is a grab for money, but it doesn't make it misleading, it doesn't take a genius to figure out you can either cancel your subscription and not play till your credited the 30 days, OR you can pay for 30 days, only to be credited another 30 days later and have 60 days before you need to pay again.

So, they are giving you a free thirty days from May-June rather than April-May when they stated it would be credited by the 24th. You are complaining about this?

If they gave away one hundred dollar bills in every copy of the game, you'd complain how it was folded.

Whenever any business (not just in gaming) runs a "get X time, get Y time free!" promotion, it's almost always after the billing cycle so you don't just take the free time then cancel.

Frankly, since this might not keep people who really want to quit from quitting, then if they really just wanted to artificially inflate subscription numbers, then they'd give the time up front to hide a drop from analysts. This is actually more "honest".

Lol I'm not complaining!? The OP is complaining, i have no problem with this. I'm just simply saying that you have to pay for a next month, to get your free month, which is a grab for money. I didn't say that I take issue with that at all. Bioware can grab for all the money they want, they're still a long way aways from high profit margins.

You've ended your subscription for a reason, yet you are here complaining about getting a free month? A free month in a game you're obviously not interested in playing.

Wait ... what?

If Bioware sent out emails today, informing all of us that we would be getting a $16.00 check in the mail on the 24th, I'm sure the same people would be complaining about it. Why? Because today's gamers are not gamers. They're self-entitled whiners who have forgotten what gaming is about ...

You've ended your subscription for a reason, yet you are here complaining about getting a free month? A free month in a game you're obviously not interested in playing.

Wait ... what?

If Bioware sent out emails today, informing all of us that we would be getting a $16.00 check in the mail on the 24th, I'm sure the same people would be complaining about it. Why? Because today's gamers are not gamers. They're self-entitled whiners who have forgotten what gaming is about ...

I got a free month and had 85 days left on my sub. I cancelled my sub and uninstalled the game because it is such a boring linear grind that someone would have to pay me serious money to play this game.

And people obviously agree with me and thats why even my "standard" population server died (like 4 people on most planets) and I had to reroll on TOFN only to endure 50 minute wait times

I do see what the OP is saying.

The majority of accounts have their sub run out the 21st or 22nd. Which means you have to buy an extra month to qualify for the free month.

Though I hardly see how it matters. If you were going to quit then you're going to quit and it doesn't effect you. And if you were planning on staying then you were going to pay anyway, but now you get 60 days instead of 30. So it doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

I mean this is just basically a ploy to massively inflate sub numbers before their next conference call so they can tell investors how well they are doing.

Everyone gets a free month + deactivated accounts get re-activated for free for 7 days + free weekend = they get to count everyone who has every bought the game as an "active" account = huge sub numbers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.