Tell me why I shouldn't desert.

Swedishoyster

So in 1.2 if you loose you don't get anything, no valor, no coms no nothing. And since we still get premade war hero teams against teams with fresh lvl 50ies, why should I stick around to the bitter end when I don't even get coms or valor for it? I hate when people desert and havent yet, but spending hours and not getting coms or valor is frustrating beyond measurement.

I haven't received less than 40 comms on a loss in 1.2 as of yet.

same, you only receive no commendations if you didnt have 3 medals, it was a mechanic put in to deter AFKers, also people quiting the WZ is just wasing their time, if they stayed in the WZ and acctually tryed to win even when it was evident you couldnt you would still get alot more comms because thats how the system works

So in 1.2 if you loose you don't get anything, no valor, no coms no nothing. And since we still get premade war hero teams against teams with fresh lvl 50ies, why should I stick around to the bitter end when I don't even get coms or valor for it? I hate when people desert and havent yet, but spending hours and not getting coms or valor is frustrating beyond measurement.

You only get zero if you didnt get 3 medals. AKA you were AFK.

If you can start with a full group of 8, that is the first reason not to desert.

However, if you are starting with 4, 5, or 6, I would not blame anyone for leaving.

BW needs to fix the outnumbered at start crap fast cause it will kill the faction on a server that it is happening to.

Anyone that has not had a zero gain loss has also been very fortunate. Or I guess you always play on the faction that has numbers. Anyone that says it doesn't happen is a liar.

1. Losers DO get rewards, just less than the winners.

2. Losers will get more rewards once the PvP fixes are implemented.

3. Quitters are terrible people. If you quit it is because you unable to perform, have a crappy job, aren't loved by your parents, and have a very low IQ.

Those are three good reasons not to quit (and I'm only 50% kidding on the last one).

i bet you guys play force users or bounty hunters try playing a sniper marksman (damage ) at lvl 50 and i bet you will have 15 or more war zone battles and not get one medale or reward the other team wiil see you as a easy kill and lock you down try it if you dont belive me .

:sy_target:

1. Losers DO get rewards, just less than the winners.

2. Losers will get more rewards once the PvP fixes are implemented.

3. Quitters are terrible people. If you quit it is because you unable to perform, have a crappy job, aren't loved by your parents, and have a very low IQ.

Those are three good reasons not to quit (and I'm only 50% kidding on the last one).

1. People who can not give 100% conviction to their kidding do not deserve rewards of any kind! (100% kidding)

But seriously, I have never intentionally quit a wz I started. But .... I will start if this continues. It is hard to blame someone for not wanting to waste their time when they see a huge imbalance in numbers or gear that is resulting in a no chance to win scenario.

So they leave, which makes it even worse for those that stayed. And worse yet for the late comers that have a real chance of not getting enough medals to get anything.

So people leave, people join, see how hopeless it is and leave. Making the "Non-quitters" wonder what the **** am I staying for?

Maybe the changes they have announced will help. But I wonder if reducing the minimum medals earned to get rewards to 1 will just encourage people to stop trying sooner and let the other team win faster after they get their 1 medal.

I think rewards should be tied to how you preform in comparison to the rest of your team considering the time you are in the WZ so back-fills will still get credit. Damage, heals, protection, objectives would all earn coms based on how you did vs your team NOT the other team.

Just a thought

I play rep on a small server, where all the PVPers know each other. No matter how tempting it might be to leave, I won't, because I don't want to be seen as "that guy." I want to be respected by my teammates as a good sport.

That said, I've seen other people (who never used to leave warzones) start to leave after 1.2. Guess the stigma's breaking down.

Edited by Stenrik

If you can start with a full group of 8, that is the first reason not to desert.

However, if you are starting with 4, 5, or 6, I would not blame anyone for leaving.

BW needs to fix the outnumbered at start crap fast cause it will kill the faction on a server that it is happening to.

Anyone that has not had a zero gain loss has also been very fortunate. Or I guess you always play on the faction that has numbers. Anyone that says it doesn't happen is a liar.

I agree with this. Also if it's Huttball, I leave Huttball immediately.

Greetings,

We heard from many members of our community about the changes to warzones rewards in Game Update 1.2. As a result of player feedback, we have made some adjustments. Here is what Lead Game Designer Daniel Erickson had to say about the subject in his "On Warzones Scoring and Rewards" thread:

Hey folks,

Some follow up news from observations of play and feedback over the weekend. In the next couple of days we will be deploying a small patch that will address the following issues:

• As discussed, minimum medals to gain rewards will go from 3 to 1 to better reward those who are backfilled.
  • Warzones will once again be shutting down when population imbalance is detected. This was an unfortunate bug where a feature of Ranked Warzones (in full team play it is not desirable to let one team end the game prematurely by quitting out) was incorrectly implemented globally.
  • Completion of Warzones will gain a large increase in the percentage of rewards it represents, so while scoring is still the primary driver, you will cease to see games that give no rewards if players have a minimum of 1 medal earned.
  • We are extending the time we wait for a full team of eight to better make sure Warzones pop with complete teams.

A huge thank you to everyone who played this weekend and provided valuable feedback and analysis.

Daniel also gives a little more background in the OP. We hope this sheds some light on the matter. Thank you for your feedback!

Thank you, Parali.

I'm glad to see more feedback from devs in these threads. I think one of the reason people get so frustrated on these forums is not the content they're complaining about, but the feeling that they're not being heard.

I hope this is an upward trend.

You only get zero if you didnt get 3 medals. AKA you were AFK.

I was on a match yesterday doing the new WZ and were were outnumbered 4 to 8, I stayed the whole match, and we just getting farmed, didnt get a single medal, try as I may, went in, boom was dead in 3 seconds.

So where is that fun?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.