Why the Empire is Better Than the Old Republic

Ivanblood

The republic is too divided in its freedom, it takes much longer and look at my sig, politicians attempt to control the military, and if anything they hinder the war machine, whereas the empire facerolls with their force lightning

The arguments in some of those had some holes in them but I can see where one might come up with that point of view . Only #4 was completely wrong.

Overall and entertaining read :mon_smile:

Yeah. They were not allow to marry, since when did marry=coitus? :jawa_wink:

Article is funny, but I wince when I read some of the fine points.

The Republic actually developed the ATs, made politics fun, and covered an entire planet with one city.

The Empire is rife with corruption, destroys planets, is run by the Space Pope and a magnificent mechanical man.

Republic 3 - Empire 0

The republic is too divided in its freedom, it takes much longer and look at my sig, politicians attempt to control the military, and if anything they hinder the war machine, whereas the empire facerolls with their force lightning

except that wars *are* political. You can't eliminate the politicians from it. Even if left to warlords, wars will still be a tool of politics. Just as warfare is a political tool for the empire. It's just that ther empire has many more warlords who are largely free to wage their own private wars (usually for their own political gains).

At least the Republic acknowledge this fact and why the military are accountable to the senate. The senate don't control the running of the wear. They control the reason/justification for it and decide if it meets their political objectives or not; whereby that will determine if they call off the war effort or continue.

The actual fighting of the war is still left to the military, generals and admirals.

"Just ask yourself where you’d rather live: A world run by Darth Vader or one that would permit Jar Jar Binks to hold a position of power?

Exactly."

:D

Oh I laughed when I read that. Oh and people its a JOKE chill out!