Expertise needs reworked..."Glass Cannon Battles"

-Eternal-

I"m a Battlemaster and the pvp boost to damage is ridiculous right now...I'm over 20% with my current basic BM stats, which has made pvp a glass cannon battle with people dying nearly instantly. I can bring in my powertech BH (armor buff cylinder and defensive spec) with a pocket healer and still drop near immediately. I can't imagine once people start stacking even more expertise with the new additional options. The only people who aren't dropping immediately are marauders, likely due to ridiculous defensive cooldowns...they simply have the best of both worlds, wreck multple people and stay alive 10 times longer than everyone else. This has made marauders the point of much complaints.

Expertise was fine prepatch and if anything it should have been slightly decreased if healing was the goal to nerf. Once everyone gets their expertise stacked even further, pvp will be unbearable, completely non-strategic, and simply not enjoyable (its close to that already).....this is coming from a player who generally loves pvp and has since the start of TOR.

Please Bioware, stop the glass cannon battles before you lose your pvp player base

Expertise was fine prepatch and if anything it should have been slightly decreased if healing was the goal to nerf. Once everyone gets their expertise stacked even further, pvp will be unbearable, completely non-strategic, and simply not enjoyable (its close to that already).....this is coming from a player who generally loves pvp and has since the start of TOR.

Please Bioware, stop the glass cannon battles before you lose your pvp player base

I agree, Expertise was fine in 1.1.5, with the exception of the overly harsh diminishing returns beyond 10%. That's all that needed to change.

The slightly higher damage reduction was fine overall and didn't need to be fixed.

That only happens if the other player isn't geared properly. However, I'd like to know the rationale behind having a higher percentage of damage boost and the lower percentage in damage reduction (and even lower healing). Does this not harm survivability, the cornerstone of a tank? If you are going to do this... why not have expertise match the set one is wearing? So for assassins, stalker gear would have higher "damage boost," while survivor gear would have higher "damage reduction."

+1

They need to rework the expertise before they start losing all of the casual PvP'ers. I agree with the expertise was fine in 1.1.5 minus the diminishing returns. Also expertise scaling to gear would be a good idea as well. healing sets lower damage and boost heals& damage reduction by a medium decent amount to each. Tank sets could boost pvp damage reduction and dps sets could boost damage output. Anything to fix the way the game is now what is the point of a healer when he can't keep anyone alive? I have done about 30 warzones since 1.2 and have determined that I will never do another one without a tank guarding me at all times. Otherwise I will die within 6-7 seconds every time. Oh and I am full Battlemaster gear before someone says that my gear is crap.

I like the changes. Healing made pvp boring prior to now when you faced teams of more than 3 healers. Civil War where the team that gets the first 2 points wins because nobody can kill anyone on the other team was so boring. Now you have to be much smarter with how you play because you cant live forever. I previously did not even look at my health bar because I knew I would never die, and that is no longer the case which is good.

I think that this style of pvp will require a lot more skill than pre 1.2. People need to stop listening to all the whining and actually play the game.

I find it frustrating that people like dying 50 million times, and somehow think that it takes more skill????? ***

I think the only people that will like this, are small children with short attention spans. Or ADD 40 year olds living in their mothers basement. I just can't fathom a person of reasonable mind finding this zerg fest fun.

get a healer friend

get a tank friend

?????????

profit!

you can no longer run around solo hero-mode style and have good results. you have to work together. not broken, working as intended, and working well

Working as intended.....as intended by idiots. Doesnt make it good buddy.

get a healer friend

get a tank friend

?????????

profit!

you can no longer run around solo hero-mode style and have good results. you have to work together. not broken, working as intended, and working well

it took more teamwork before then it does now....

now those guards mean nothing.. the damage output is so high it slices thru the guard...

it took good teamwork to kill a healer before 1.2...

LOL now it takes no teamwork... you only need one assassin or maurader to take out a healer... that would be referring to the sage and commando healers.... seems scoundrel healers are still doing good because of their great mobility and instas.

I find it frustrating that people like dying 50 million times, and somehow think that it takes more skill????? ***

I think the only people that will like this, are small children with short attention spans. Or ADD 40 year olds living in their mothers basement. I just can't fathom a person of reasonable mind finding this zerg fest fun.

If you are dying 50 million times then maybe you should try something else. So many people play without any strategy maybe this will force them to.

I will say that once you get equal expertise, that sort of goes away, I'm a shield spec vanguard with 21K HP (full BM + reusable stim). unless I get focus targetted by 3 or more, I'm am not going down for a good min or so(easily enough time for reenforcements to arrive), add a healer and I can go a full WZ without dying, there are other vanguards on my server who can do the same.

Tank now just have to stack tanking abilities, I can get my shield and absorb up to near 50% each, and you would be surprised just how much white damage is done by 2 biggest DPS classes (snipers and maru)

it took more teamwork before then it does now....

now those guards mean nothing.. the damage output is so high it slices thru the guard...

it took good teamwork to kill a healer before 1.2...

LOL now it takes no teamwork... you only need one assassin or maurader to take out a healer... that would be referring to the sage and commando healers.... seems scoundrel healers are still doing good because of their great mobility and instas.

guard is nothing but a mechanism for turning someone into a meat-shield. it has its uses, but most of the time under focus fire it doesnt matter

HOWEVER, tanks have a very important skill: TAUNTS. taunts are amazing. learn to love them.

my guild normally runs with 2 healers (sorc and op), jugg tank, and me. as long as we stick together, our tank gets guard on the person who needs it most while throwing out taunts constantly, i make sure to pressure the healers into forgetting about teammates and i keep other DPS off of my healers.

teamwork. crazy, i know

Edited by cashogy

guard is nothing but a mechanism for turning someone into a meat-shield. it has its uses, but most of the time under focus fire it doesnt matter

HOWEVER, tanks have a very important skill: TAUNTS. taunts are amazing. learn to love them.

my guild normally runs with 2 healers (sorc and op), jugg tank, and me. as long as we stick together, our tank gets guard on the person who needs it most while throwing out taunts constantly, i make sure to pressure the healers into forgetting about teammates and i keep other DPS off of my healers.

teamwork. crazy, i know

LOL i know what tuants are... stop assuming.. again.. .taunts dont matter much... damage is off the wall now. even thru taunts and shields.. your sorc should be first one dead against a good premade.. .you must be playing god aweful teams...

the op should be the only one surviving longer but should be kept busy with 1-2 shadows or sents... meanwhile the rest of your team will die off because your healer is only healing himself.

trust me.. i know what teamwork is... but class balance and damage is out of whack.

If you are dying 50 million times then maybe you should try something else. So many people play without any strategy maybe this will force them to.

LOL both teams are dying off 50 million times.. if this isnt the case you are playing against horrible teams where youa are dominating them...

but our premade played against another premade this morning... and guess what.. both sides were constantly dying... neither were able to get thru the door. on both rounds. it was a tie till the end... and we lost on the roll.

whether healers kept the teams alive and stalemated.. now its a COD battle with healers not even being a concern anymore... anybody who brings a healer against a good premade should lose... becuase thats an easy kill.

LOL i know what tuants are... stop assuming.. again.. .taunts dont matter much... damage is off the wall now. even thru taunts and shields.. your sorc should be first one dead against a good premade.. .you must be playing god aweful teams...

the op should be the only one surviving longer but should be kept busy with 1-2 shadows or sents... meanwhile the rest of your team will die off because your healer is only healing himself.

trust me.. i know what teamwork is... but class balance and damage is out of whack.

30% single target damage reduction doesnt matter much? 30% AOE damage reduction doesnt matter much?

our sorc does get targetted often, but a combination of aoe taunt, cross healing, and forcing opposing dps to worry about staying alive keeps him alive.

if you want to just assume that because a player is a certain class they must perform the same as all other classes, you are simple minded

yes, there is a lot of damage in warzones now. yes, healing is not as effective as it was. but that does not mean that it is useless or that there is too much damage. the pace of the game is different, so adapt. crying about it is only going to make you look ridiculous

It's ridiculous on healers man, 11% healing boost compared to 22$ damage boost is like :eek: I don't see healers anymore and I don't blame them, its pointless. I can do a 600k healing on any map with 2 more healers doing around the same and we would still get pummeled cause the dps is just insane.

GG :mad:

I think the biggest problem is that everyone was used to the old broken healing mechanic. Healing used to outscale dps pre 1.2, so healers were way more powerful than should have been intended. Coupled with how dps and defense worked with expertise, healing had the nod for OP. I agree they might have decreased healing a tad too much, but the current changes were needed none the less.

Personally I see no problem with the current pace of combat. Pre 1.2, hardly anyone died at all if you had a couple healers. It was a pissing match if you had two well geared groups against each other. People need to die if you aim to accomplish objectives in pvp. Its not as if you die that much anyway. Now instead of getting killed 0-3 times, you die 6-12 times. Why is this such a big deal?

Im not seeing an issue. I started out in my inferior champion gear vs the battlemasters.

10% difference. No different than being a fresh 50 pre 1.2. 4 days later Im wearing all battlemaster and its business as usual

P.S healers are still power houses. Its a matter of "in the right hands"

Edited by Kalliadies

Why is it that i can stay alive as a DPS guardian, just by switching stances, putting on 2 tank implants, a shield generator, defense stim, being guarded and being pocket healed while the majority of the opposing team is trying to burn me in huttball? If what you said is true, this should be dead fairly quickly because:

1. healing sucks now... (no)

2. guarding isnt viable anymore... (no)

3. everyone dies 20x faster... (no)

-fuzz