Attention Citizens: The Rakghoul Plague Outbreak

JovethGonzalez

Well for the sake of SOME players on my server (Exar Kuhn), I hope the vendor pops back up soon. No... not because they were casuals or slackers... but rather our Imp-heavy server started camping the vendor last night around 9pm.

Thankfully I had finished all my shopping... but for those that were unlucky enough to get caught in the mix. :(

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but I have to agree with others that said there should have been some notice In-Game... that it was coming to an end. I was logged in until the servers went down last night (until one minute before) and, ironically, there was one of those announcements on the Republic Fleet Space station just before it went down that the plague was happening and be careful, report any info, etc. There should have been some notice that it was coming to an end, that they had been containing it... something. It would have added to the story!!!

I am sorry, but I am a game PLAYER, not a game forum READER except when I have problems or questions like, "Why do I have open quests, a stack of hard-earned, event-only DNA and no way to finish them and sell it?"

In game announcements would have added to the story and given those of us with DNA a real chance to sell it! I loved the event (please have more!) but give us more info about it in game, especially when it is ending. Again, this helps players, keeps us in the story, and adds to the overall enjoyment of the experience (I think.)

Hell, even a notice on the launcher - although that would not really enhance the story.

Again, I only read the forums when there are issues. (And thankfully, I have had very few - this is a well done game!) I read enough stuff all day long at my job. I don't play an MMO so I can read the forums- unless I am beta testing.

Just my two cents.

This +1000

I should not have to read through Forums to figure out what is going on in game!!!!!!! Idiotic.

Terrible event, can't wait for it to be over. Those who do not want to take part should not have too. Vaccines should be free and last 12-24 hours.

This times a million plus infinity. Horrible event. At least now my characters don't have to worry about being forcibly infected and dying as a result from other player's in game encouraged griefing of others.

Logged in during the middle of the night last night to check on an old character and send another player an e-mail on a very underpopulated server. Wasn't even going to play. Just making plans with an old bud to hunt some datacrons the next day.

My character happened to be on republic fleet. As soon as I logged in, somebody came over and threw up on him. There were only eight people, myself included, on Republic Fleet at the time. Sent my e-mail and signed out.

Just checked on him now, after the "plague" is over. He's still infected.

This "event" was nothing but an annoyance for me. Might also be an expense if I have to pay 2K credits for nothing.

You didn't consider vaccinating your character?

Do people not read the threads when they respond? LMAO... OK, here we go again.

Vaccinating was a waste of time and money. It went away at death. My biggest problem I have had with the event was I had to pay money over and over again to NOT participate. That is complete bull. Then I realized I could just stay infected. If I was doing stuff on the fleet, just travel over to one of the other ships really quick. Or go in an elevator. Just keep changing zones. Very inconvenient, but it was what I had to do to not participate.

This times a million plus infinity. Horrible event. At least now my characters don't have to worry about being forcibly infected and dying as a result from other player's in game encouraged griefing of others.

You will still have to worry about it for a while....

Ugh. No one on my guild saw this post. Myself either and I check the dev tracker almost every day. You guys really need to get better about communicating stuff to the playerbase. Are my DNA samples now totally useless and I can never get the Containment Officer title?

This +1000

I should not have to read through Forums to figure out what is going on in game!!!!!!! Idiotic.

I AGREE 100% to this. There was no notice in game and I too do not read forums like I have in the past. Now I have all this DNA and nothing to buy. At least the vendor should have been left in. Totally unacceptable, especially since I am still a committed player after all whom dropped accounts.

That's not what I'm saying though, what I'm trying to point out that if the event introduced something like +60 Power/Endurance/Expertise etc. color crystals, as opposed to the +41 variant that's freely available already, then the game would have to offer those through another source or risk a disparity in power level between those who participated in the event and those who didn't.

Luckily, there's nothing of the sort - it's all vanity stuff.

Which you may want, but clearly don't need.

You're still only arguing entitlement I'm afraid, nothing new has been brought into this discussion.

Again, you're failing to differentiate between want and need.

If events like these didn't offer something desirable to the players the eagerness to participate would be much diminished. But it can't offer things you need, or at least not be the only source of such things, because it's not going to be around forever.

You couldn't participate because you had to prioritize other things instead, everyone gets that. But that doesn't mean you're entitled to anything that has no impact on your ability to play the game.

We have quit differenr view what is MANDATORY ;)

Your example +60 Power/Endurance/Expertise etc. color crystals is mandatory as it would be best colorcrstal for raid/pvp. Now for ME that is not mandatory it is just CONVINIENCY making raiding/pvp easier and it would be OBSOLITE at next update to gear so it would be short or longer living conviniency. If his was what event only was about different color of crystal or different color of same set existing out side aswell I wouldnt mind that unique color at all.

Now instead this event is about timed event that unlocks lore, quests, codex and completely unique set and other vanity pets as this event is only way to learn all lore and is only way to get this lore unique items etc it makes it for ME mandatory as it will allways be only way to enjoy all this lore/unique vanity items.

You say I have no right to enjoy all lore, quests unique items etc because this event was information fiasko with uterly idiotic quest opening system then we have a dissagreement what we consider we are entitled to.

As this is atleast for me different view of what I consider what Iam entitled to and what is mandatory I dont think there is mutch point continuing this.

Thanks for your view I can allso understand that you consider everything else than best gear to just something people should only like and only want and everything not affecting raiding /pvp is not mandatory quest, lore, codex etc are just conviniency in your view. My view is upside down I hope you can understand there is different ways to mandatory and conviniency as well.

Ugh. No one on my guild saw this post. Myself either and I check the dev tracker almost every day. You guys really need to get better about communicating stuff to the playerbase. Are my DNA samples now totally useless and I can never get the Containment Officer title?

If you read the dev tracker EVERY day, how did you not see it? AH! I can't say what I want to say! Too many warning. But the posts showed up on the dev tracker. It is how I first found the information. I didn't read every page on here hoping that they updated it. No, I looked at the dev tracker, and it told me every time they updated it. It was updated 2 days after the event started that it would end today.

Why? I thought all of this was gone by today's patch?

Because the effects will still be there. If somebody is still infected, he can/will infect others. Really stupid to allow griefing to continue after the event ends, but oh well.

I AGREE 100% to this. There was no notice in game and I too do not read forums like I have in the past. Now I have all this DNA and nothing to buy. At least the vendor should have been left in. Totally unacceptable, especially since I am still a committed player after all whom dropped accounts.

Same here. Logged out yesterday - could not log in today as 'maintenance' was ongoing, and now the vendor is gone :mad: Ridiculous.....

If you read the dev tracker EVERY day, how did you not see it? AH! I can't say what I want to say! Too many warning. But the posts showed up on the dev tracker. It is how I first found the information. I didn't read every page on here hoping that they updated it. No, I looked at the dev tracker, and it told me every time they updated it. It was updated 2 days after the event started that it would end today.

Almost every day. I did not see the post from 2 days after the event launched and the one from last night was at 04.23.2012 08:20 PM - after I had started playing (I check dev tracker before I login). Sorry but how hard is it to put it in the big "Latest News" section of the launcher? Isn't that what that is supposed to be for and how every other MMO would be handling it?

On my friend's account but this is dcgregorya.

Edited by Tournant

I personally loved the event ! It was a nice change for the daily grind, and a nice boost for my non 50 toon.

Got new pets, a new title, new armor set and a couple of nice crystals. Too bad I couldn't get all the customizations. I wanted one for Khemmy :mad:

My hope is the schematics for the crystals could be found somehow in the future, I like those.

That said, there could/should have been a better way to avoid it if you didn't want to participate, like free/cheap vaccines not wearing off after death

I found out about the end of this event well ahead of time. It was updated on this forum... the first post. I don't spend hours on end on the forums or the dev tracker. No it wasn't "highly publicized" but I think they did a good job of putting the information out for those looking for it.

First, on a positive note, I did enjoy the event very much. Kudos to you Bioware. I found that the community was more active than usual and I, being a somewhat shy player, found it easy to connect with other players/ops groups for open world PvP and World Boss battles. I do wish it would last longer; I participated quite a bit as I have all 9 Codex entries, but was still not able to play enough days to get the armor chest piece or belt.

Regarding the end date controversy: I did some digging a few days ago, so I knew that the plan was to wrap up the event today. That being said, why is important information, like the end date, only indicated in some forum thread or in the Dev Tracker section of the website? On the SWTOR homepage, there is a dedicated graphic/link to the Rakghoul Outbreak event that takes you to a page with the in-game video from the News Terminal (and btw, it still shows that the event is current). Wouldn't that page have been a logical place to show the end dates and other pertinent information? It seems there are numerus places throughout the website (News, Game Updates, etc.) that would have been appropriate places to disseminate information about the event. Why are they not utilized?

Maybe there is a legitimate reason for this, perhaps the Devs want to keep it nebulous for the sake of flexibility, but a simple subject to change disclaimer could solve that. I also realize that you can't make everyone happy, but hopefully Bioware will take some of our feedback to heart and we will find less controversy in the next event.

Unless they were completely under a rock, they knew this. Many people were trying to angle the market at the last minute and were left holding their own sacks (of DNA).

Most people that didn't know didn't farm enough DNA to buy anything cool anyways.

Not everyone reads the forums, I only check the forums if i'm looking for info on crew skills, or something else, maybe a few times a month. I have guildmates that don't read them at all. The Event end date wasn't listed on the main page for the game nor was it listed in-game. Some people don't want the drama that comes with forums.

This was one very cool event.

Had lots of fun and I'm really looking forward to the next one. Keep up the good work!

To those complaining, wow!

Is it that hard to avoid being infected?, seriously, just let the infection run it course and voila! problem solved, don't be such a cry baby, spoiled brats.

I found out about the end of this event well ahead of time. It was updated on this forum... the first post. I don't spend hours on end on the forums or the dev tracker. No it wasn't "highly publicized" but I think they did a good job of putting the information out for those looking for it.

We shouldn't have to go hunt and search for information that should be on the main page or in-game.

Seriously, I *********** logged out last night - I have 84 dna samples, and now they're useless. They should at least leave the vendor up for a little while longer. I just need to turn in for my second crystal. I mean, come on. This is a bit of ********. I understand that you had a cool event, but we should at least be able to turn in for a few days after the event ends. Come on, this is one of the reasons I was hanging on.

That has nothing to do with my post.... That would be for a future event. It was said by a dev that this event will never again repeat, which of course, makes me very happy.

What I stated in my post is that I have avoided blowing up after over 20 hours of game time by always changing zones, thus keeping anybody from infecting me and getting quest credit for it. However, now I will end up having to buy the darn thing, which is one of the things I really did not like about the event. Having to pay to not participate is completely stupid. Now that the event is finally almost over, I was hoping it would just go away. However, that is not the case, as he said. I will still need to waste money on the vaccine.

Now, your idea about it lasting beyond death is something I have been saying since day 1. The darn disease lasts beyond death, yet the vaccine doesn't? It was horribly designed, as if they barely put any thought into it at all. Did they picture 50 people hanging out on fleet at one area?

The quest says infect 10 enemy players. Why does infecting an ally count towards that quest?

Quit whining. If you get the plague; just blow up like the rest of the populace, laugh a little, and carry on with playing. You make it out to be some horrible doomsday event. If you don't want to pay for the vaccine, then just wait until you blow up in a cloud of green gooey mist. Cause and effect; learn it, live it, accept it.