Remove the rakghoul plague now

If that was true, you'd hear people complain about it on the fleets. Yet as I said, zero complains for now, and I play on a high pop server (Frostclaw). No way 1 players out of 3 are unhappy about this without it being reflected in in game chat.

Truth is you and a couple of bored posters try to impose your will on everybody else because you make a mountain out of a molehill. And that's why I hope Bioware will not give in to this but keep on doing what they have planned.

I'm not asking them to give in but to keep it off of the fleet, or when I die to npc or othermeans than the plague it gets rid of the plague.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would make three small changes.

1. The "Emergency Fleet Pass" shuttle pilot should not let you on the shuttle if you are infected.

2. Some NPC Containment Officers should be added to the fleet. Make them spawn at the level of the person infected.

3. Add a cheaper version of the vaccine that only works on players below level 25 and/or a doctor npc on the fleet that would give you a shot for free when you click on him.

Edited by sjmc

My only concern is this hindering the level 50/legacy 6 promotion of a free month. I am 100k legacy PTs from 6 and 1.5 levels from 50 with a busy schedule this week. I have to decide with personal gain vs virtual gain for this little game. I love the idea but until either of these criteria are completed, exploding to explode is an obstacle.

So, in other words, stay the @@@@ away from me you carriers or I will go "Shaun of the Dead" on you with a cricket stick.

Not to mention, from what I am hearing from the news on fleet, this is going to spread elsewhere. It will not be a case of "avoid Tatooine and you're fine." It will be a case of people trying to fight the Avatar of Sel Makor on Voss only to die from the rakghoul plague that they didn't notice until they'd walked all the way into the nightmare lands without a vaccine and can't do anything about it.

If you're raiding and not checking your buff/debuff bar for a blatantly obvious "infection" icon, then frankly- you deserved to explode.

And then free-res on the spot with no repair cost. And be laughed at by your party for being that derpy. Although I admit, at this point the plague seems to be posters like this throwing up an army of straw man arguments, not rakghouls...

150 posts today and still not finished complaining about the infection? Do yourself a favor and just play the event, you will see how much fun it is.
No thanks, I don't find standing around afk particularly fun.

With mass PvP on Tatooine, I've already had to spend about 30k on these stupid things - and that will only go up. If I don't go to Tatooine, I'll go back to my warzones and need to spend even more. I'd much rather that money go elsewhere.

In any case, my personally being infected bugs me, but having to see everyone else infected too bugs me even more. It's ugly.

So you are partaking in the event, but complaining about the event?

Stay off Tat. You don't deserve the awesome PvP there. It's directly related to this event.

You can just die and be rid of it. It's been taken off me every time I've died while infected, but not exploded.

failed 2 times on Dromund Kass random beast mobs. Rezzing in place with no infected around and once by the Cullers from the drop ship on the fleet to the fleet.

Soon as I rez the debuff is still there and at the same stage it was before I died.

Edited by Tesserhorn

If that was true, you'd hear people complain about it on the fleets. Yet as I said, zero complains for now, and I play on a high pop server (Frostclaw). No way 1 players out of 3 are unhappy about this without it being reflected in in game chat.

Truth is you and a couple of bored posters try to impose your will on everybody else because you make a mountain out of a molehill. And that's why I hope Bioware will not give in to this but keep on doing what they have planned.

I don't think so. Many of the people who don't like it, for one thing, avoid the fleet. Many others - casual players in particular - don't ever chat in the fleet chat for any reason.

I would make two small changes.

1. The "Emergency Fleet Pass" shuttle pilot should not let you on the shuttle if you are infected.

2. Some NPC Containment Officers should be added to the fleet. Make them spawn at the level of the person infected.

Both of those would be fine. There should have been something put in to prevent the desease from spreading to the fleet. But, since they didn't.... just have fun with it. :D

Warzones are currently an almost guaranteed exposure. You can be on your ship never able to be around anyone infected, but if you go into a warzone, you will be.

you need more than just a simple exposure to be infected of stand near an infected person. You need to be within 5 foot of a person exploding which is a tricky timing issue for one and also disease dissappears when you die so how is PvP warzone gauranteed exposure does not add up at all

or do you never die in PvP in which case why are you whining about the cost of the vaccine.

for stress simply being around an infected person does not give you the plague as you are claiming.

Edited by corbanite

I would make three small changes.

3. Add a cheaper version of the vaccine that only works on players below level 25.

2 already exist. There's a droid in every hangar that scans you and sends mobs to attack if you're infected.

Please don't misunderstand. I wasn't attacking BW at all. I was mockingly parodying the other poster's comments about how BW should ignore anyone who doesn't like the plague as an irrelevant small percentage.

Ah!

Well, they shouldn't ignore it, nor do I think they are. I'm sure they are paying close attention to their metrics. Blizz learned that their, uhm...approach didn't go over too well with that one event (cannot recall the name, sorry) and didn't repeat the error. I think BW will see how the reactions go here with this one and use it going forward.

As for percentage, honestly, I am still seeing way more folk enjoying or ignoring it than are upset by it. But...we'll see when all's said and done.

Warzones are currently an almost guaranteed exposure. You can be on your ship never able to be around anyone infected, but if you go into a warzone, you will be.
Stop omitting major facts to support your whining.

If you repeatedly do Warzones, you may be infected by enemy players... but big deal, since you lose the plague on death? And during PvP, you die, you will never keep the plague long enough to die from it or even just get green fog.

As I said, you make a mountain out of a molehill in order to try to force Bioware to change an event the majority enjoys.

Not if you use a vaccine.

When you go into a warzone, you die. When you die, the vaccine wears off. When it wears off, you either need to get a new one or get infected.

Really, from all of the discussions we've had about this, you'd think that none of the people who like this plague have ever actually qued for a warzone before!

First, I think it's closer to 30%.

Second, every major company will spend millions to get that extra 4%, because it's worth hundreds of millions.

30%? Yikes, I HIGHLY doubt it's anywhere close to 30%. If it were, the general chats would be flooded with complaints and the forums would be overflowing. Yet that's not the case.

And no, they will not spend millions to get the 4% if what they just did actually was liked by the 96%. They will never sacrifice the happiness of the 96% for the 4%. Well, if they want to stay in business, that is.

I don't think so. Many of the people who don't like it, for one thing, avoid the fleet. Many others - casual players in particular - don't ever chat in the fleet chat for any reason.

I've seen a lot of very...odd assumptions about "casual" players.

But....why wouldn't they use general chat?

If you're raiding and not checking your buff/debuff bar for a blatantly obvious "infection" icon, then frankly- you deserved to explode.

And then free-res on the spot with no repair cost. And be laughed at by your party for being that derpy. Although I admit, at this point the plague seems to be posters like this throwing up an army of straw man arguments, not rakghouls...

I'm sorry that I do not constantly stare at my debuffs.