Pyro Powertech - Was this boosted?

TheGreatFrosty

I had heard that the Pyro PT was set for a nerf, which TBH it really needed at the time.

Now I'm at a loss, they are performing better than they were before and doing more sustained burst?

I don't profess to know that much about the class, so can someone fill me in, were these nerfed or boosted in PVP? Even the most mediocre PT in PVP is now doing incredible damage, plus the tools that the class inherently has. What's more, the moves apply the same annoying slow effect that people hated in other classes.

Edited by TheGreatFrosty

Also please note that our only def CD is only 25% damage reduction, the worst of all tank classes and we only have one. Please don't confuse a pyro with a pure def spec'd tank. What tools do you speak of aside from grapple hook? In order for us to use our charge you have to be def spec. We have two stuns, electro dart and carbon freeze. Our main dps is a rotation of flame burst and uppercut which are both considered mid range, followed by a rail shot, then some rapid shots. After the patch we over heat very easily so maintaining your heat is a must. Not any pyro tech is good. That is like saying all marauders are good.

Yes we were nerfed. We received changes to how much our procs go off to use railshot, we can no longer spam three in a row but now two. The damage increases is do to fixes to the expertise, which is across the board for all classes.

This ^

Most Pyros spec'd into Rail Shot (increased dmg and up to 90% armor pen) which could proc with no heat cost. The previous system was RNG based, so although rare, you could on get 3 in a row which did around 7-8K damage. This was the source of our burst. Now the proc is on a 6 second CD. Now if your timing is right, you can get 2 in a row consistently.

So yes, the burst was nerfed for the Pyro spec. Damage output is now much more predictable, but it's still high.

I had heard that the Pyro PT was set for a nerf, which TBH it really needed at the time.

Now I'm at a loss, they are performing better than they were before and doing more sustained burst?

I don't profess to know that much about the class, so can someone fill me in, were these nerfed or boosted in PVP? Even the most mediocre PT in PVP is now doing incredible damage, plus the tools that the class inherently has. What's more, the moves apply the same annoying slow effect that people hated in other classes.

The "nerf" hurt our burst and sustainability in PvP

We can still do amazing burst single target if we have 0 heat (And as mentioned damage still is high due to Expertise changes)

We overheat very quickly in an active PvP environment (this is where the nerf hurts us as PPA Procs helped keep our heat down).

So high damage, low survivability, horrible resource system. Kind of where we are at.

Personally i'd like slightly lower damage, and the other two categories bumped up a bit.

Even the most mediocre PT in PVP is now doing incredible damage, plus the tools that the class inherently has. What's more, the moves apply the same annoying slow effect that people hated in other classes.

I disagree. I am a mediocre PT/ST and I still do crappy damage and lose most of my solo queued matches. Or did you forget to specify Pyro PT in that paragraph? :)

I honestly think the OP is confused with the combination of maybe having encountered two Powertechs in the same warzone, one being Pyro, the other Tank. Tank is very very solid with a lot of nasty utility. Also a side note, Pyro and Tank share the same armor coloration, just how Mercs do with heals and dps. The main problem with all the QQ and nerf this class is people get confused and think we are this mix of both, we are not. Each spec honestly needs its own color variant, merc dps, pt dps, merc heals, pt tank. The same confusion is made with assassin tanks.